Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

19 Perish In Road Accident - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 19 Perish In Road Accident (661 Views)

BREAKING NEWS :Gov Amosun's Convoy In Road Crash / Three NUJ Officials Die In Road Crash In Ilesa / Rochas Okorocha Sustains Head Injury In Road Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

19 Perish In Road Accident by elctroguru(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2009
Lagos —along Makurdi - Aliade road. Eighteen of the victims were said to be members of a catholic organization, SS Peter and Paul, Makurdi.

The members of the catholic organisation, according to THISDAY Checks, were going to Otukpo in Benue South Senatorial District to attend a thanks-giving service.

A reliable source who pleaded anonymity, said "I saw the bus in which the victims were travelling, coming out of a filling station when suddenly a trailer carrying petroleum product, just rammed into them very close to the office of the Federal Road Safety Commission, Makurdi.

"The sight was so bad to look at as mangled bodies of the victims could be seen scattered all over even as officials of the FRSC could be seen attending to them, infact, none of the occupants of the bus survived because they all died including the driver', he said.

The occupants of the vehicle who are all members of the said catholic organisation were of Idoma extraction.

The husband of one of the victims simply called Mr. Abah, whose wife was a caterer and yam merchant with tears rolling down his cheeks said, "Oh! God, I'm now totally in ruin with my family, my wife is dead and what am I going to do now particularly with the children without their mother by my side to assist?"

Abah's compound was filled with sympathisers because his late wife, Rose, was a strong member of the SS Peter and Paul.

As at the time of filing this report, various districts of the Idoma community residing in Makurdi, could be seen making arrangements to convey their late members' remains home.

The remains of the victims were deposited at the Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi even as efforts to get the comment of the police spokesman in the state to comment on the accident proved abortive as his telephone lines and that of the Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Ibrahim Mohammed could not be reached.
Link: http://allafrica.com/stories/200904060187.html
Re: 19 Perish In Road Accident by blacksta(m): 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2009
The effects of corruption. RIP to everyone who has lost their life.

(1) (Reply)

Time Of Restoration And Blessing / Ekiti Guber Poll: Oyinlola Promises Guns, Army Uniform To Pdp Chiefs / You’ve Performed Below Expectations, Senators Tell Yar’adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.