Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,354 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Excessive Dependence On Makeup - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Excessive Dependence On Makeup (21162 Views)

Free Online Training On Makeup Artistry And Skin Care - Dont Miss Out / Makeup Promo For Lagos Brides! Promo On Makeup And Gele Training As Well. / 13 Things Only Women Who Don’t Put On Makeup All The Time Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Sunexy(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
I shud bin in d previous page jawe

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by MasterWayne(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2015
Sorry Sir you made no sense.
AroOkigbo:
You don't know what many women pass through just to make you appreciate them.
Do you think they are happy spending so much time, money, etc. on such an adventure?

Let's appreciate their effort.

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by ephi123(f): 11:39am On Sep 11, 2015
My question is “Why settle for commonality, by looking like a thousand others, than uniqueness by looking like YOU?”

My best quote from the write-up. I don't understand why anyone would want to look like everybody else? We are all unique with specific features.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Unluvable(f): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2015
the absence of flaws......., one of the reasons I object to perfectly waxed colored arch eyebrows, last I checked I'm not barbie!
I want to look human with my birth marks not covered up in foundation and powder, creating a false illusion of perfection.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Iamthoney(m): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
I was here
Doing what if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2015
kamez:
I be got no issues with make up, but when its too much, it becomes a turn off for me.

I was cancelled a date right at the venue when my gf appeared looking like a rainbow.

since that day she got to know that its either a moderate make up, or no make up at all..

but that's just me, I have no issues with those use excessive make up cos it different strokes for different folks.

that heavy red lipstick really drives me crazy... it a no no for me

You are weird!

According to science, colour red is the colour if seduction and sextongue
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by kamez(m): 11:49am On Sep 11, 2015
oreos:

You are weird!

According to science, colour red is the colour if seduction and sextongue

and I'm sure u read the part where I said its the heavy red that turns me off. I ve got no issues with the red when applied lightly. not loading ur lips with red paint and expect me to kiss u . and get that whole shit all over my face

1 Like

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 11, 2015
kamez:

and I'm sure u read the part where I said its the heavy red that turns me off. I be no issues with the red when applied lightly. not loading ur lips with red paint and expect me to kiss u . and get that whole shit all over my face

My apologies

It looks heavy but it is not. That is how it should be applied especially on thick lips. If you are looking for lightly applied lipstick then you will be talking about red lipgloss or lip balm
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by ndigbo: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
x9ja1960:
I know am not the only one who have noticed that excessive makeup...especially the one they call 'foundation' make young ladies look old! Why women have refused to see this or rather find the courage to refuse this thing is beyond me. For me, some makeups are for age enhancements and young ladies [b](worse on their wedding day)[/b], have no business coating their face the way they do! angry

the bold-ed pisses me off big time! i couldn't recognize my friend on her wedding day angry angry cus of very heavy makeup angry angry
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
hmmm!
JUMIA
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by charlesbailey(m): 12:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
Nice one... Be yourself, how difficult can that be??

1 Like

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
Greatzeus:
Blacks(both africans and black Americans) are mostly guilty of this, compare to asians or Europeans

Then you must not know anything about Europeans then. Live in the UK for one day and you'll change your statement

3 Likes

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by safarigirl(f): 12:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Greatzeus:
Blacks(both africans and black Americans) are mostly guilty of this, compare to asians or Europeans
asians and europeans do as much make-up as blacks, they're just pale, so they have to put twice the average black person's make-up for anyone to notice. @topic, na una dey toast girls with plenty make-up, na una go still complain about am. What do men want?

4 Likes

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by joedams: 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Appreciate fire.
AroOkigbo:
You don't know what many women pass through just to make you appreciate them.

Do you think they are happy spending so much time, money, etc. on such an adventure?

Let's appreciate their effort.

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by aderonkedeborah(f): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
seen but not read
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by steph2sweet(f): 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
Caliph69:
If you're not proud of what you have, next option is enhancement, or upgrade. Men are guilty too.
really i will want to know how men are guilty too
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
is that beyonce... she is not that fine without makeup.
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by airmark(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
nex:

My question is “Why settle for commonality, by looking like a thousand others, than uniqueness by looking like YOU?” Moderation is key!

Your statement is not meant for the lady below.

2 Likes

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by UjSizzle(f): 1:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Anyone can be beautiful if you're looking at the full package not individual component.

Anyway, I think that a person should be comfortable in their skin and with their look. But if they believe that having the perfect everything is what will make them feel beautiful, then I wish them luck.
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by haibe(m): 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
And they can't do without weaves too
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by UjSizzle(f): 1:22pm On Sep 11, 2015
charlesbailey:
Nice one... Be yourself, how difficult can that be??
What if being yourself makes you invisible?
Have you ever been invisible, you walk past and not a single person takes notice of you?

Some people want that and that's why they bother to be everything the majority are attracted to-- which basically is superficiality.

I think this trend tells more about the society than the individual.
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by UjSizzle(f): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
jaybee3:
Na so ooooo

Nothing dey happen

So you don't like when I paint my face for you? sad
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by jaybee3(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
UjSizzle:

So you don't like when I paint my face for you? sad

Like you actually paint your face

abeg shift come my side.. na dem ojuju calabar we dey talk about for here
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by UjSizzle(f): 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
jaybee3:

Like you actually paint your face

abeg shift come my side.. na dem ojuju calabar we dey talk about for here
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Stop exposing me na embarassed
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by sukkot: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Sanmel(f): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
kamez:
I ve got no issues with make up, but when its too much, it becomes a turn off for me.

I once cancelled a date right at the venue when my gf appeared looking like a rainbow.

since that day she got to know that its either a moderate make up, or no make up at all..

but that's just me, I have no issues with those that use excessive make up cos its different strokes for different folks.

that heavy red lipstick really drives me crazy... it a no no for me
hmmmm...
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Monalisa185(f): 2:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
MasterWayne:
Sorry Sir you made no sense.
he actually made a lot of sense, you obviously did not read any sense into it.
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by MasterWayne(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ok.
Monalisa185:

he actually made a lot of sense, you obviously did not read any sense into it.
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
What do we've moderators for on this forum if the first page of this thread is full of space bookers and adverts? I'm tired of clicking report for everything I see that doesn't belong in a discussion.

On topic: I am the one of the few here who would admit to liking a well made up woman. Its a skill that takes time to perfect just like having dress sense.
The OP mentions girls look unique without makeup, no, that's a lie -- girls without makeup look average and average girls're ubiquitous hence hardly stand out. Speaking from a science perspective it's a well known fact the average male is four times more attractive than the average female so girls always ensure to level up in whatever way or form.

Also, a man falls for your made-up self but after sexual activity is more willing to stick around with your natural look. I've heard stories of female celebrities' boyfriends who masturbāte to their girlfriends' music videos when sex gets boring -- fantasy always trumps reality like makeup trumps a woman's natural look. Every woman has a higher chance of bedding her dream man with makeup and seductive clothes than otherwise; outgoing females know this and not the introverts who populate nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by gimmesome(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
beauty lies in the eyes of the 'beerholder'
Re: Excessive Dependence On Makeup by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
I hate makeup embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chioma Okoye Emerges Winner Of Miss Orumba Nigeria 2018, Gets Endorsement Deal / Why Do Women Flaunt Their Stretch Marks Via Sleeveless Tops? / Does Fade Milk Cream Good For A Black Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.