Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Moi-moi Recipe - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Moi-moi Recipe (4659 Views)

Moi Moi Recipe: How To Make Nigerian Moi Moi / What Is Moi Moi In English? See Funny Replies From Nigeria Entertainners / Moi-Moi And Garri For N20,000: Would You Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moi-moi Recipe by ladyF(f): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2015
I can't believed this!! Oga Lala celebrating over FTC ? shocked this is a first!!! We are all human after all grin

Its been a while I made moi moi sef...And OP refuses to post the recipe here, not everyone will click that link o. angry
Re: Moi-moi Recipe by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2015
chisco82:

You mean her head dey inside the moi moi or abi inside the pot?
Wicked you grin grin
Hahahahahaha... See them oo cheesy cheesy.. He wants to misinterpret me.. She understood joor tongue tongue...
Re: Moi-moi Recipe by saiprojects(f): 10:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yes you can add tomatoes in moi-moi, it gives it that reddish colour..It can be optional if you add bell peppers..
oreos:

You do not add tomatoes to moi-moi, EVER shocked
Re: Moi-moi Recipe by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2015
saiprojects:
Yes you can add tomatoes in moi-moi, it gives it that reddish colour..It can be optional if you add bell peppers..

No you cannot add tomatoes to moi-moi. It should never be added. Tomatoes is a not an African fruit. However red bell pepper is essential to MOi-MOI but you can use just scotch pepper and onions. If sweet pepper is grudgingly used for Moi-Moi then it will be a taboo to use tomatoes for Moi-Moi.

What gives moi-moi its reddish colour is the pepper you use (REd bell pepper and scotch pepper). Tomatoes is not sufficiently rich to give it that rich look.
Re: Moi-moi Recipe by saiprojects(f): 10:25pm On Sep 09, 2015
Yes you can...yes you can add tomatoes to moi-moi, I always have and tastes amazing...Yes red bell pepper gives it the reddish colour, however I use not just fresh tomatoes, I also use plum tomatoes..!!!
oreos:

No you cannot add tomatoes to moi-moi. It should never be added. Tomatoes is a not an African fruit. However red bell pepper is essential to MOi-MOI but you can use just scotch pepper and onions. If sweet pepper is grudgingly used for Moi-Moi then it will be a taboo to use tomatoes for Moi-Moi.

What gives moi-moi its reddish colour is the pepper you use (REd bell pepper and scotch pepper). Tomatoes is not sufficiently rich to give it that rich look.
Re: Moi-moi Recipe by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 10, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

Hahahahahaha... See them oo cheesy cheesy.. He wants to misinterpret me.. She understood joor tongue tongue...
grin grin grin
We all got diffrent way to undsrstand.
Re: Moi-moi Recipe by Cutehector(m): 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
saiprojects:
Trust me alot of Nigerians don't know how to cook moi-moi, I know it can be very tricky but uts super duper easy to make. I used to use the beans flour before but you don't get the same taste when you use normal beans (ewa oloyin) am I right or wrong?

Nothing tastes better than moi-moi and garri smiley

Anyways here's some useful step by step instructions on how to make it:-http://saiprojectscooking..co.uk/2015/09/moi-moi-recipe.html

saiprojects please teach me how to make moi moi with beans flour abeg.

Please break it down step by step so I don't get confused. All the ones I have browsed online, the language they use gets me confused

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture: Garri As A Delicacy / How To Reduce The SALTY Taste Of That Food / What Is Your Favorite Home- Cooked Meal, That You Make Yourself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.