Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos (99646 Views)

The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) / Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos / More Photos From The Airforce Helicopter Crash In Kaduna Today, 7 Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Duru1(m): 7:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
plaindealer:

Obviously, this backward and shallow old man is highlighting hid sadness, pain and sorrow..

You have demonstrated that the old trumps your dumbass young fool intellectually. What a miscreant.
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by vicadex07(m): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2015
OduaVanguard:
.ibadan
Cool
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by vicadex07(m): 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
OduaVanguard:
IB
Lovely
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
vicadex07:
I really think you have a problem with comprehension.

We have lots of top class residential estates larger than anywhere else in Nigeria but that is topic for another discourse. checkout housing estates in Ibadan on lamudi.com if you think am just putting up a front.

[img]http:///a/img537/1070/ZD6bb0.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img661/5996/i9rbZb.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img901/9206/s6fRWo.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img673/349/1OLze8.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img673/7093/TDnHGI.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img661/5153/o6oqNG.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img912/7585/M5KlCW.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img537/1081/CzTLeX.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img661/2681/VCYHQe.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img538/1189/54iiT5.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img911/4994/F6wCPk.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img661/5290/n7TuDs.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img661/589/p9TgaC.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img905/658/k0cMCL.jpg[/img]
[img]http:///a/img673/1981/ViEfJb.jpg[/img]

how can u say you have top class estates larger than others ? you don't travel . go to the east.
We are not just talking estates, just private houses.
By percentages within a region, the east has more modern houses more than any other zone.
Both village and city

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by juman(m): 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2015
Common people are poor.

This is a country that has failed the people, bad leadership.
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

how can u say you have top class estates larger than others ? you don't travel . go to the east.
By percentages within a region, the east has more modern houses more than any other zone.
Both village and city
Yoruba's are timid
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by plaindealer: 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
[s]
Duru1:

You have demonstrated that the old trumps your dumbass young fool intellectually. What a miscreant.
[/s]

Not interested in your idiocy old man.. The thread not about you or whatever backward cave you emanated from..

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by olawalepopoola: 7:36pm On Sep 10, 2015
I am really proud of all Yoruba NL! You made my year shutting those idiotic Ibos. I am proud of Ibadan! The land of my birth and hometown. Ibos una wan compare this to Enugu. For ur info IB na the political and military capital of Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Ritchiee: 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

how can u say you have top class estates larger thang
v city cothers ? you don't travel . go to the east.
Both village and city
Show them to us and they would not be even up to what have been shown from Ibadan...you are game..oya let us zoom.....
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by OduaVanguard: 7:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
The proposed Four Points Sheraton hotel (the third of the FourPoints franchise in Nigeria, the other two are located in Lagos and Akwa-Ibom) is located at Mokola Hill overlooking the capital city. It will provide excellent facilities for business conference and luxury accommodation for the guests.

Name: Four Points by Sheraton Ibadan
City: Ibadan
Use: Hospitality
Rooms: 150 rm
Floors: 5F
Interior Designers: Areen Hospitality

Areen Hospitality to design interiors of Four Points by Sheraton Ibadan

London-based design practice Areen Hospitality has been appointed to undertake the interior design for the Four Points by Sheraton hotel in Ibadan, Nigeria.

The Four Points by Sheraton will be the city’s first internationally branded hotel. Working closely with Lagos-based DAA Architects, Areen’s design will create a contemporary business and leisure accommodation style that supports the growing aspirations of the area.

The 150-key property will feature a business and conference centre, alongside restaurants and bars, plus leisure amenities which include a luxury health club and pool.

Dipo Adebo, managing director of DAA Architects adds, "The synergy already established with Areen, coupled with Africa's buoyant hospitality market, creates a solid working platform."

The project represents Areen Hospitality's second venture into the West African sector, building on their current work on the Hilton Freetown Cape Sierra in Sierra Leone, which is due to open in 2015.

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by vicadex07(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Both village and city

Lol....that's virtually impossible.

Oyo state land mass alone - 28,454 km2

Abia state land mass - 6,320 km2
Anambra state land mass - 4,844 km2
Enugu state land mass - 7,161 km2
Ebonyi state land mass - 5,533 km2
Imo state land mass - 5,530 km2

All the Total Land area of South Eastern States barely measure up to Oyo state alone, so tell me, were those buildings built in the air or on water.

Hence this:

Match all the modern houses in the biggest city in all geopolitical zones across the country with those in Ibadan, when the houses in those cities finish, the remaining modern houses in Ibadan WILL still be more than those in the next two biggest cities. Fact!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by vicadex07(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
menabadoo:
Yoruba's are timid

Match all the modern houses in the biggest city in all geopolitical zones across the country with those in Ibadan, when the houses in those cities finish, the remaining modern houses in Ibadan WILL still be more than those in the next two biggest cities. Fact!

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by vicadex07(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Both village and city

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by OduaVanguard: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Both village and city

Bro, you are the ignorant one coz you have no idea what you are talking about. How far have you travelled within Nigeria or even the SW to arrive at that judgement? Show me an estate in the entire SE that can match these ones at Citiview estates at Arepo in Ogun state? These are the sort of cutting-edge ultra-modern estates that you only find the SW (in Lagos and Ogun, and the same company is already developing similar structures at Ibadan).

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by vicadex07(m): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
menabadoo:
Yoruba's are timid

vicadex07:
There is a recently trending fad all over nairaland now that the ibos use in consoling themselves that Yorubas don't go out of their enclave in the southwest and as such, are less exposed. grin I usually reel out in laughter at their folly. Yorubas dont usually do interstate because we believe our region to be better than any other in Nigeria unlike some people that sees the southwest especially Lagos as their own London.

To give a few instances, there are lot of countries in south America where Yoruba culture and Language are most prominent, heck they even celebrate our festivals and revere our kings like the alaafin of Oyo for instance. What about benin republic, togo, ghana, south africa etc. In Benin republic for instance, you will find large communities of Yoruba speakers both of indegenous origins and those from Nigeria too. Even their president is of Yoruba descent. Even spain, all the way in Europe isn't left out.

http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/yoruba-culture-gets-boost-spain/

Don't even let me talk about the UK scenario. Now law enforcement in Uk are trying to employ Yoruba speaking individuals in Uk cos of the sheer magnitude of Yoruba immigrants in the country. We are found everywhere all over the world and we live all over as prominent citizens respective of our hosts and we go about it quietly without chest beating.

This are just few mentions just from my observations and not even a comprehensive analysis.

Now shut your trap forever grin
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
vicadex07:

Lol....that's virtually impossible.

Oyo state land mass alone - 28,454 km2

Abia state land mass - 6,320 km2
Anambra state land mass - 4,844 km2
Enugu state land mass - 7,161 km2
Ebonyi state land mass - 5,533 km2
Imo state land mass - 5,530 km2

All the Total Land area of South Eastern States barely measure up to Oyo state alone, so tell me, were those buildings built in the air or on water.

Hence this:

land mass ? So Europe has less proportion of modern houses than all of Africa since Africa is larger ?
Niggers pleeeaaaaaase.

My point is, Ibadan rustic houses outnumbers the good ones there while in the eastern cities , the reverse is the case. South west has more houses with backward looks by proportion, more than any other southern region.
Easterners even upgrade their old houses more.
Biko ,There is no African heritage like red zinc . Its nothing to be proud of. Thatch and mud are more like it.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Bro, you are the ignorant one coz you have no idea what you are talking about. How far have you travelled within Nigeria or even the SW to arrive at that judgement? [b]Show me an estate in the entire SE that can match these ones at Citiview estates at Arepo in Ogun state? [/b]These are the sort of cutting-edge ultra-modern estates that you only find the SW (in Lagos and Ogun, and the same company is already developing similar structures at Ibadan).
If this is not chest beating then it is balderbash bunch of nuances of stewpidity.
Measuring of d!ck size is allowed anyway.

Someone was even measuring the landmarks/developments of Oyo state exponentially comparing it to those of southeastern States altogether., forgetting that the most developed state in Nigeria ~~ Lagos is almost the same size as Anambra with different structural developmental indices and parameters.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by OduaVanguard: 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
@InyinyaAgbaOku: You only see this style of ultra-modern buildings in the SW - all these buildings are located in the same SW that has the brown roofs::

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by OduaVanguard: 8:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
@InyinyaAgbaOku: You only see this style of ultra-modern buildings in the SW -- all these buildings are located in the same SW that has the brown roofs::

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by vicadex07(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

land mass ? So Europe has less proportion of modern houses than all of Africa since Africa is larger ?
Niggers pleeeaaaaaase.

My point is, Ibadan rustic houses outnumbers the good ones there while in the eastern cities , the reverse is the case. South west has more houses with backward looks by proportion, more than any other southern region.
Easterners even upgrade their old houses more.
Biko ,There is no African heritage like red zinc . Its nothing to be proud of. Thatch and mud are more like it.

Lol...you're such a dunce, so you mean Iboland is to Yorubaland what Europe is to Africa abi?

Yet your brothers flock in to Yorubaland in their millions to find their daily bread. If I call you imbeciIe now, I will be insulting imbeciles all over the world. You're worst than an imbeciIe.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Adesiji77: 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Ibadan n'ile Oluyole...I love this city! wink smiley
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
SOUNDKING:
Yerrober defending their brown roof disease since 1888,how much do you generated to the zoo,,,,,from taurism,,,,,,since Ibadan has become a museum........yerober and lies are like,,,,,,,,,Aboki and gworo.
you are mad, are millions of yeebos not living under the brown roofs? they prefer it to the land of d setting sun otherwise about 15 millions of igbos will not be in south west trying to make a living.

Stupid most hated tribe

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by adedayourt(m): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
OP DO U REALIZE HW MUCH MB U COST ME WIT DIS UR THREAD angry angry
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
vicadex07:

Lol...you're such a dunce, so you mean Iboland is to Yorubaland what Europe is to Africa abi?

Yet your brothers flock in to Yorubaland in their millions to find their daily bread. If I call you slowpoke now, I will be insulting imbeciles all over the world. You're worst than an slowpoke.
The Chinese should bury their heads in shame for coming to Africa and specifically Nigeria to explore available opportunities and not meeting stiff resistance and competition, because their economy is in squambles.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Sweetlemon(f): 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
I need a thread on Abeokuta.
I love that town.
Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
Francis5:
Not only Ibadan. Oshogbo, abeokuta, ife, ondo, ekiti, ijebu, oyo town, etc all have one thing in common: preponderance of mud houses with rusty brown roofs.
see little hypocrites igbo criminal talking, yet 10 million of igbos are in d south west. if yellowbar try to drown u people in d laggoon again, dats wen you will remember namadi kalu ur saviour.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Brown Roofs: A Matter Of Perception - updated with more photos by Ninilowo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
The third pix is not Ibadan. It is a suspended lake on a mountain in Ado - Awaye, a town in Iseyin local government. I ve been there on some occasions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

Air Peace 14-Hour Flight To China, Breaks Nigerian Aviation's Record / Meet The Air Peace Crew That Flew In The Medical Supplies From Turkey(photos) / Hemingways Safari(who Knows?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.