Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:34 AM

Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos (61814 Views)

Pictures Of The Lagos Bus Terminal In Ikeja (Pictures, Video) / The World Class Oshodi Bus Terminal Built By Ambode Is Now Open (photos) / Photos Of Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos That Will Be Commissioned By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by autojosh: 11:53am On Mar 28, 2018
The new Ikeja Bus Terminal, unarguably, is the most ultra-modern bus terminal in Nigeria.

This new transport infrastructure demonstrates yet another brilliance of the Ambode administration.

The Lagos State government developed the Ikeja Bus Terminal as part of the infrastructures for the Lagos Bus Reforms Project.

Upon commissioning, the bus terminus will serve as the hub of all transport activities within the Ikeja Zone.

The Ikeja Bus Terminal was designed to serve over 50,000 passengers daily and providing access to many destinations including Ojota, Oshodi, Maryland, Obalende, Agege, Ogba, CMS, Iyana-Ipaja, etc.

The Ikeja Bus Terminal features facilities befitting of a modern bus terminus. These facilities include Waiting Areas, Ticketing Booth, Loading Bays, Information Centre, Food Court, Taxi Rank, Passenger Convenience, Operations Control Centre and an ATM Gallery amongst many others.

Nigeria’s president, Mohammadu Buhari, is expected to do the official commissioning of the Ikeja bus terminal tomorrow.

So, considering that the land that this bus terminal belongs to the state government, if you were to quote as a contractor to build this imposing and impressive infrastructure, how much would you quote to build it?

Source:

https://autojosh.com/see-the-ikeja-bus-terminal-that-buhari-is-coming-to-commission-photo/

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by LaudableXX: 12:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
Do you know what I am bothered about? shocked The ability of the state govt and its agencies, to sustain and maintain this terminal over a long period of time, to the high standards of cleanliness and functionality, shown here. undecided

Such an edifice would soon be launched with fanfare, and even fancier speeches. sad In 9 months, it would take the grace of God to meet this same terminal, in this pristine state. It is likely to have been defaced, distorted and riddled with all kinds of nauseating activities, that are capable of ruining the purpose it was originally set out to achieve. We need to put more effort into sustaining such projects or terminals, for good optimum performance. undecided

188 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by olite93(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Govt wey de smoke cigarettes... Ambo needs weed in his brain

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by olite93(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Govt wey de smoke cigarettes... Ambo needs weed in his brain

Nice one sha

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Esejojo: 1:19pm On Mar 28, 2018
I must say this is a beautiful project. I hope the can maintain it.

Now, to answer your question. Well, as for me, and looking at the photos, all I see are the building and interlocking tiles.

So, the main cost will be on the building and the interiors. If I was to quote to build this bus terminal, I will quote N100million.

However, any government contractor that wish to win such a contract should also include in his quotes monies for kickbacks and bribes.

So, at the end of the day, such a project might turn out to cost tax payers about N5billion.

This is the very sad reality in Naija.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by sotall(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by timilehin007(m): 1:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ksj
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by BlackAdam55(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
grin
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by ruggedized1: 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
Looking good. They should take maintenance seriously. Good job.

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by davodyguy: 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
Pay your Land Use Charge.

Ambode means well for Lagosians

6 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by handsomeyinka(m): 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
Great
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by stefanweeks: 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
Gidi
Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
shocked shocked

Come back to this facility in about two years time and see it look like a shithole

Meanwhile ....Lagos is No-mans-land

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by julioralph(m): 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
Is that all

Na Governor/Minister suppose commission this thing na... I hope all those NURTW touts wouldn't damage it soon lipsrsealed

Bill Gates came here and told the truth, instead of them to listen to good advice, they were grumbling up and down.

Oga Presido stay in Abuja, we no wan see you for Lagos! angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by three: 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
Okay,

Can anyone please direct me to the Tender Advert by the Lagos State Public Procurement Agency in respect of this project as required (advertisement in daily newspapers) by the procurement law?

Can anyone direct me to the evaluation of the tender documents?

Does anyone know HOW MUCH this facility cost Lagos State Tax Payers?

But Buhari is coming to commission it and legitimise the fraud ba?

Why is that not surprising! Maybe he has seen the procurement documents....

Fraud = fraud

http://www.lagosppa.gov.ng/ppa-law/governing-rules-public-procurement

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by solutionist: 1:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
Esejojo:
I must say this is a beautiful project. I hope the can maintain it.

Now, to answer your question. Well, as for me, and looking at the photos, all I see are the building and interlocking tiles.

So, the main cost will be on the building and the interiors. If I was to quote to build this bus terminal, I will quote N100million.

However, any government contractor that wish to win such a contract should also include in his quotes monies for kickbacks and bribes.

So, at the end of the day, such a project might turn out to cost tax payers about N5billion.

This is the very sad reality in Naija.

You have said it all. I wish the government could make the cost of such projects public. At least for accountability sake. Often, we are so caught up in the euphoria of commissioning a project that we dont bother to ask questions like how much was spent on the project being commissioned.

I hope Ambode would come out and announce tomorrow how much this project costs the tax payers.

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
but is it Danfo that will be using this bus terminal? or only BRT or both?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Massdamm(m): 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
Makin sense....

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by AroOkigbo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
Eko o ni baje!
Congratulations, Lagosians.

Buhari, you see your life? When will you commission a useful federal government project?

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by kennsville(m): 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
sharap
davodyguy:
Pay your Land Use Charge.

Ambode means well for Lagosians

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Lexusgs430: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
Is this why Ambode is granting a holiday to Lagosians, because Sai Bubu is coming to open a molue station?

6 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2018

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by tiger28: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
LaudableXX:
Do you know what I am bothered about? shocked The ability of the state govt and its agencies, to sustain and maintain this terminal over a long period of time, to the high standards of cleanliness and functionality, shown here. undecided

Such an edifice would soon be launched with fanfare, and even fancier speeches. sad In 9 months, it would take the grace of God to meet this same terminal, in this pristine state. It is likely to have been defaced, distorted and riddled with all kinds of nauseating activities, that are capable to ruining the purpose it was originally set out to achieve. We need to put more effort into sustaining such projects or terminals, for good optimum performance. undecided
And also the ability of Nigerians to keep it clean...........Nigerians are toooo dirty! How can you maintain cleanliness where pigs play?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
Five years time, everything will be messy

5 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by dbynonetwork: 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
Why must BUHARI the known terrorist lunch the project?......

Somebody should please remind AMBODE, BUHARI, APC, and the entire SAI- BABA chanters -that Leah the Christian gapchi girl who was kidnapped by Boko Haram is suffering in the hands of her captors...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by HomeOfMe(f): 1:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
This is indeed beautiful. Buhari can fly in a chopper to this place and also fly to where Tinubu is having his 68th birthday colloquium at ikoyi and save us the stress of traffic.

7 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by MTKbudapest(m): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
after 4yrs it will look like oshodi under bridge grin.

Our govt lack mentainance. angry

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by Ttipsy(f): 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
soon ll turn to Agbero park.
Nigeria lack maintainance culture

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by dayleke: 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
Mile 2, Orile !!!!!!!!!
Mile 2, Orile ooooooo!!!!!!!!

Wole pelu shanji re ni o....eleyi ko ni shanji o !!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikeja Bus Terminal, Lagos. See More Photos by dayleke: 1:32pm On Mar 28, 2018
Beautiful ....

Who go maintain am?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

500 Nigerians Deported From The UK Arrive Lagos / 10 then And Now Photos Of famous Cities Showing How Much They’ve Changed. / Lady Who Died After Container Fell On Her In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.