Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,666 members, 7,955,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:18 AM

DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH (42976 Views)

Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers – LIVE UPDATES / Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees Revealed- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by 4stylz: 8:42am On Sep 10, 2015
Ministerial positions re compulsory from all 36states, so there is nothing special.
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2015
A nice step. We really need a new system to move this nation forward.
4k the media! They want to make up nonsense stories to flop the screening exercise. Must they always want to know what is happening?
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by oniluuu(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2015
It is appaulling that we as youths are not thinking... It is a slap on our face to keep on criticizing PMB destructively... We keep on talking about these old men in government.. Does it mean we can't do or perform better than them?... Hell yeah, we can when it comes to corruption... It is high time we started preparing ourselves rather than wailing over a spilt milk... As a youth corper, it pains me to see a president of an Anti corruption CDS group misappopriating the sum of 3000 naira. What an irony? .... I think we should let PMB do his thing and we as youth should think inwards... Anyone who knows about the civil service can't hide the truth that there Is change, No more laxity or going late to work... These are few ethics and morals that improves the economy of a nation and solidify the foundation of a nation... No matter what PMB does these nation can not be a place of our dreams if we do not change our mindset... It is high time we stopped wailing. Let us celebrate any positive out of the somany negatives... Thank you

3 Likes

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by justmi1: 8:49am On Sep 10, 2015
All 36 ministers represent all 36 states each, so there is no way he can chose northerners only.
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by JumiaOnline(m): 8:51am On Sep 10, 2015
Kindly click on https://www./catalog/?q=pepper+spray to view the various pepper sprays we have available. Thank you

akhis:

Hi I need pepper spray from Jumia. The one of 2500. I want it delivered to me at VI, Idejo street specifically. Can u deal?
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by excel4us: 9:02am On Sep 10, 2015
DSS IS BUHARI.BUHARI IS DSS CHIKINA!
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by apholaryn: 9:05am On Sep 10, 2015
emperorceaser:
I thought the body language would have done the screening for the Dullard
as He dull reach,He dey way ahead of your brilliant father.inshort your Father can't stay feets closer to him.d dull nigga is not in ur Father's drukard league. so gerrarahia mahn!

1 Like

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by anonimi: 9:11am On Sep 10, 2015
oluwafemi113:
That's Good

Because we don't want people like someone mentioned below in our cabinet

Over to you

Is your BrainlessBoooboo not using a similar jeep of N30 million
Why are we so daft like mumus? undecided

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by olayinkaj2(m): 9:15am On Sep 10, 2015
Now we have a president, not the ones rushing to pick anybody just because of picking sake. The tanoids and wailers have sharpen their mouth to criticize when the names will be finally read even though they know the truth. Waiting for them.
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by Goke7: 9:17am On Sep 10, 2015
jaymichael:
All those WOBE's CHILDREN full of "factory fitted" hatred will soon be here. The only reason they are so eager about PMB ministerial list is to further the ministry of their hatred. If they see Fashola Fayemi and Amaechi's name on the list, they will scream corruption! baba one chance etc etc. When Amaechi's name is not there, they will taunt, Ntooor, Amaechi use and dump, Amaechi judas, Amaechi betrayal bla bla bla. Their wailing is READY MADE.

yes o very true, no wonder PMB takes them by surprise all the time.
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by criminalmindz: 9:18am On Sep 10, 2015
laurel03:
Everybody knows that corruption has killed us, How do you want him to clear the mess of 16 years in 100days? I don't know why we are never be truthful with ourselves.. If the only thing PMB can achieve is just to instill fear of corruption..We are waiting for the list.... #PMB my Man

Keep quiet. What do u know?
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by anonimi: 9:20am On Sep 10, 2015
olayinkaj2:
Now we have a president, not the ones rushing to pick anybody just because of picking sake. The tanoids and wailers have sharpen their mouth to criticize when the names will be finally read even though they know the truth. Waiting for them.

Another dullardino spotted.

Please tell us which president did not have his ministers vetted by DSS

You can ask the SINator for your constituency if they consider a ministerial nominee for clearance without DSS endorsrment.
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by goshen26: 9:22am On Sep 10, 2015
I won't be surprised if my name is found on the list
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by anonimi: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2015
laurel03:
Everybody knows that corruption has killed us, How do you want him to clear the mess of 16 years in 100days? I don't know why we are never be truthful with ourselves.. If the only thing PMB can achieve is just to instill fear of corruption..We are waiting for the list.... #PMB my Man

The mess of 16 years at FEDERAL level created by the WORSTEST elements from PDP who did change of name became born-to-gain APCheat members, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by arabianights: 9:25am On Sep 10, 2015
Security screening has always been part of the proccess of appointing a minister so theres no need for "news".past governments overlooked it as they themselves were corrupt or God fathers pressurized them to appoint their candidates with terrible past records.

Efcc as well as Ndic will also give their clean bill before being passed on to Senate

1 Like

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by arabianights: 9:28am On Sep 10, 2015
anonimi:

The mess of 16 years at FEDERAL level created by the WORSTEST elements from PDP who did change of name became born-to-gain APCheat members, not so

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2102459_apcteam_png6dc9407cdcc2b68174c445361fc3e4c9

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2829397_screenshot201412071133571_jpeg8e776d1183226bc80c2560544562a452

My dear, Apc and Pdp are all one and the same,lets all accept the truth.The only difference is that one outsmarted the other .I intend registering under pdp as they are all the same.

WE STILL CANNOT AVOID THE FACT THAT BUHARI IS WORKING
[b][/b] AND IS ALSO AWARE OF THE SNAKES IN APC HENCE THE INTELLIGENCE AND SECRECY GAMES.THE MAN IS THE ONLY CREDIBLE APC MEMBER AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED

2 Likes

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by sweatlana: 9:30am On Sep 10, 2015
femilek8:
I hope baba will choose credible people. I wont be surprised if Fashola and Ameachi names are not there.

FTC here I come. ... sorry LadyF

I certainly hope that their names are not there! Pmb must bring credible technocrats not politicians who are looking for resources to fight their enimies
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 10, 2015
good...
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by ruffDiamond: 9:38am On Sep 10, 2015
:
bakynes:
If we relegate Fashola from future leadership just like we did for Donald duke we will be making another big mistake because these two guys are the only extraordinary and brilliant leaders we ve had in this country.
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT cool but then.... undecided which way naija
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 10, 2015
laurel03:
Fashola YES
Amaechi NO

LOL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by demolinka(m): 10:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Unarguably the most anticipated list in d world right now. Change is here!!!
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 10, 2015
Now is change!
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by kokoA(m): 10:32am On Sep 10, 2015
This is got to be the most expected list in the world and only one man knows the content.
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by anonimi: 10:58am On Sep 10, 2015
arabianights:
My dear, Apc and Pdp are all one and the same,lets all accept the truth.The only difference is that one outsmarted the other .I intend registering under pdp as they are all the same.

WE STILL CANNOT AVOID THE FACT THAT BUHARI IS WORKING AND IS ALSO AWARE OF THE SNAKES IN APC HENCE THE INTELLIGENCE AND SECRECY GAMES.THE MAN IS THE ONLY CREDIBLE APC MEMBER AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED

I liked your comment because the first part is wholesome truth and the fact that you want to register with a political party, in your case-PDP.
That is very good and commendable.

I disagree with the second part as Buhari does NOT know how to run a FEDERAL government, which should be more about POLICIES and enhancing INDEPENDENT democratic institutions to provide needed checks & balances in the system.

We are seeing the early signs of the disaster that awaits our country if those of us who have been labelled WAILERS do not keep up our constructive criticism in the hope that the senators and representatives can reduce the impact of his disastrous, one-way focus on corruption that he does not even understand how to address.
My sentiments on Buhari are adequately captured by IBB's statement below:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2828090_img20150830061633_jpeg20175b2785fab467921f1449f2e6c9d3

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2831915_wailingforabettertommorow_jpeg_jpegd26a773a99cf2b0f93fe685761f614da

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by anonimi: 11:02am On Sep 10, 2015
omojoshy:

Fashola YES
Amaechi NO

LOL

The Fashola involved in the $1 billion light rail SCAM below (plus other CORRUPT schemes) or another Fashola dey ni?

* Four years ago, with plenty fanfare, our former gomina (governor) waka go Toronto for inspect and buy aloku scrap metal trains =>

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by Dontbeused: 11:07am On Sep 10, 2015
exhibition:
good development!
Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Oga please tell Jumia if she needs anything at all I dey...Datz wat real men do...[size=8pt][/size]A.K.A Yahoo boy!
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by tsdarkside(m): 11:14am On Sep 10, 2015
emperorceaser:
I thought his body language would have done the screening...... grin Dullard

wailers... grin grin grin....you people funny too much.... grin grin grin grin
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by tsdarkside(m): 11:18am On Sep 10, 2015
Taich:
Whatever they are doing, they should know that the dollar is now 232 @ ebay. Pls someone that knows the terrain should man the Economy Gate immediately. Nigeria is bigger than anyone's personal vendetta or ambition. The Economy first because that's how I earn a living and not through politics.

no realy.....i dont want to get sacked oooo........shittttt,,,,from where make i get my money to live??...thunda...my women go eat my raw oooo.... undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by knostbrown01(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2015
afoo02:
is TINUBU your major problem?
Without Tinubu, Buhari can never be on that sit
Re: DSS Screens Buhari’s Ministerial Nominees- PUNCH by knostbrown01(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2015
afoo02:
is TINUBU your major problem?
Without Tinubu, Buhari can never be on that sit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi Reacts To Pandora Papers Scandal / Dino Malaye And Ademola Adeleke Laugh Together At The Senate House / Emmanuel Ugochukwu: APGA, ADC, AD And UPP Candidates Step Down For PDP In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.