Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,332 members, 7,839,592 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? (4998 Views)

6 Cheap 4G LTE Phones You Can Buy For Less Than 50k / Cheapest 4G LTE Phones In Nigeria Currently / Budget Phones: What Phone Has Excellent Qualities At A Reasonable Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by tohpahz(f): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2015
joseph1832:
Well I don't know what that is... LOL.

Lol. Google cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by joseph1832(m): 3:28pm On Sep 10, 2015
tohpahz:

Lol. Google cheesy
I'm old school, I prefer to read books, that is hard copy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by tohpahz(f): 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2015
joseph1832:
I'm old school, I prefer to read books, that is hard copy.

Sorry sire. I prefer Google.. call mi new school.. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by joseph1832(m): 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
tohpahz:

Sorry sire. I prefer Google.. call mi new school.. cheesy
I know you are, that's why I like you. grin. After all, it takes two to tango, boy and girl, man and woman, old school and new school. wink

In the words of Olamide "baby je ka unite". Lol. I hope I spelt it right though, my yoruba is horrible.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
donpata:
The topic is clear. I see Nigerians especially nairalanders talk sweetly about phones with 4g network which are as a consequence, more expensive than those running on 3g. Since I know there's none of the 4 gsm service providers that has deployed 4g, I need a cure to my perturbation. What will they do with such phones?
cluelessness,hope I don't know coz its Nigeria,black people wanting what they don't have talk less of need
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by ewizard1: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2015
l see dumb people. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by otabuko(m): 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
tohpahz:
Bragging rights bby.. kiss

I get 4g for my phone.. e high pass urs grin
Abi oh... Tell them oh... Me i get 4G....
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by gsalvatore: 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
rman:
4G licence are yet to auctioned. This will take place in a few weeks and true mobile 4G will be launched by operators before December.

Some have built the trial sites and people in Lagos will have 4G by December.
Spectranet is 4G and i'm using it as i type this.

when you try 4G LTE you will know that 3G is slow...you wont have patience for it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by tohpahz(f): 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
joseph1832:
I know you are, that's why I like you. grin. After all, it takes two to tango, boy and girl, man and woman, old school and new school. wink

In the words of Olamide "baby je ka unite". Lol. I hope I spelt it right though, my yoruba is horrible.

Lol.. i know ur yoruba is bad. tongue u don't know any Nigerian language fully. Do.u?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by joseph1832(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2015
tohpahz:

Lol.. i know ur yoruba is bad. tongue u don't know any Nigerian language fully. Do.u?
No I don't! LOL. But I'm trying my best.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by tohpahz(f): 9:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
joseph1832:
No I don't! LOL. But I'm trying my best.

Please try harder.. tongue so we won't sell u. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2015
davthom:
cluelessness,hope I don't know coz its Nigeria,black people wanting what they don't have talk less of need

Its not everyone that is clueless. I have a dual sim LTE phone and i make use of it. I have a Smile LTE simcard in the phone and I get speeds of up to 18Mbps, even faster than the LTE I use in the UK.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by rman: 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2015
gsalvatore:
Spectranet is 4G and i'm using it as i type this.

when you try 4G LTE you will know that 3G is slow...you wont have patience for it.

What spectranet and other broadband operators call 4G right now is WiMax...speed very close to 4G but not 4G.

Mind you, what will be deployed by GSM operators is true 4G/LTE on mobile phones and other devices.

I stand by my earlier assertion that the frequencies for LTE/4G
are just been released by NCC.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by mjames: 10:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
We are yet to see any screenshots of those who claim to be using it. So shot your mouth(s)
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Inkredible(m): 11:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
No rout ooo!!!! no rout people are gerrin mad abt the 4g lte.
Well me am still comfortable with my 3G. Warra fiok men!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Inkredible(m): 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Efiong mbo wey my soup?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Nobody: 1:14am On Sep 11, 2015
I use Smile LTE on my Windows Phone (Lumia 640 XL Dual LTE) I get speeds between 18Mbps & 21Mbps
Note : Smile provides only data services and I believe they are the only company in Nigeria providing actual 4G / LTE services. (Swift & Spectranet are both capped and provide speeds between 6Mbps -12Mbps which is also 4G / LTE theoretically but unstable)

They sell their sim cards to anyone for a fee of N2,300 only. If you have a device that supports LTE FDD 800 band it will work for you.

Also its so fast that you can end up consuming data you did not bargain for. I consumed 60GB in less than two months and I can say its very expensive.

Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
kaydguru:

Its not everyone that is clueless. I have a dual sim LTE phone and i make use of it. I have a Smile LTE simcard in the phone and I get speeds of up to 18Mbps, even faster than the LTE I use in the UK.
I have heard of people using smile in their phones thought it was WiFi.u probably won't be able to make calls with with and most of these WiFi services(smile,spectra net e.t.c) are limited to only 2 or 3 states out of 36 states
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by TappGroupNG: 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2017
4G is currently opening up in Nigeria and will take over in a few years.It is better to be current and several networks are expanding their coverage.It is important to upgrade to phones that are receptiv of the network. That is why I like that phantom 6, it can receive 4g network.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Turned On With LTE Phones? What Do They Use It 4? by TappGroupNG: 11:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
My dear, it will soon be outdated, that is the truth. It is already operating in some parts of major areas in Nigeria eg Glo has in VI and they will soon expand. My friend that bought phantom 6 is already using the 4g network there.
Inkredible:

Efiong mbo wey my soup?

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Opera Mini 4 Beta! / Whot! Game For Android Phones / Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.