Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village (4960 Views)

Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos / Tracking Of Stolen Phones In Computer Village / See How A Facebook User Was Scammed And Given Paper At Computer Village, Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Tolung1: 8:28am On May 03, 2016
i bought a brand new boom j8 last week friday for 43,000.

then later last night i met a friend of mine on my street, he saw the phone with me and asked if i could borrow him the headset,

and i was like ..which headset is that..

then he replied saying the head set for the boom j8 that the headset normally come with it..

please was i scammed cause i taught you have to pay extra 5000 naira to get the head set with the phone according to what the seller told me told me last week friday.

1 Like

Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Penaldo: 8:35am On May 03, 2016
Go back to take your headset. Tell them that I said so

1 Like

Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Penaldo: 8:36am On May 03, 2016
Meanwhile is it possible to exchange Camon C8 with boom J8
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by tempest01(m): 8:41am On May 03, 2016
Thought this was posted already

Or it's another case?
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Nobody: 8:42am On May 03, 2016
You've been scammed. Didn't you read about the phone before buying it? It comes with free headset
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by parrotibaba(m): 9:03am On May 03, 2016
Another marketing thread sad nawa oh

This same thread was opened last week.

6 Likes

Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by dominique(f): 9:05am On May 03, 2016
Yep! You were scammed. Go back to the place you got it and insist they give you the headset.
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Penaldo: 9:39am On May 03, 2016
dominique:
Yep! You were scammed. Go back to the place you got it and insist they give you the headset.
I think op was assisted not scammed
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Tizzie: 9:42am On May 03, 2016
eyah .. sad story. Someone else has been scammed here of the same headset. buy N200 earpiece
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Minesota1(f): 9:45am On May 03, 2016
Y'all saying he should go back?? like he would see d people there...Well u were scammed and this could actually happen to people..People should know the Boom J8 comes with a headset
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by benigneOne(f): 9:49am On May 03, 2016
This is unbelieveable cos the boom j8 stickers are everywhere with the headset boldly beside it.

How can you even go home with a phone that has no earpiece and you paid N43,000 for it. embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by MizMyColi(f): 9:53am On May 03, 2016
cheesy cheesy grin

OP
You no want wise abi?

1 Like

Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Minesota1(f): 9:53am On May 03, 2016
tempest01:
Thought this was posted already

Or it's another case?
Read d post first
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Minesota1(f): 9:54am On May 03, 2016
benigneOne:
This is unbelieveable cos the boom j8 stickers are everywhere with the headset boldly beside it.

How can you even go home with a phone that has no earpiece and you paid N43,000 for it. embarassed embarassed
Some people have information but can't use it

2 Likes

Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Penaldo: 9:57am On May 03, 2016
Tizzie:
eyah .. sad story. Someone else has been scammed here of the same headset. buy N200 earpiece
He could also get earpiece of N150

4 Likes

Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Esotericbaby: 9:58am On May 03, 2016
mugu 101 na in you be
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Osyxcel(m): 9:58am On May 03, 2016
MizMyColi:
cheesy cheesy grin

OP
You no want wise abi?

grin Na ignorance na.... I read something like this a week ago sef...
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Penaldo: 10:00am On May 03, 2016
Minesota1:
Y'all saying he should go back?? like he would see d people there...Well u were scammed and this could actually happen to people..People should know the Boom J8 comes with a headset
I think they forgot to give him his j8 headphone
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Penaldo: 10:09am On May 03, 2016
benigneOne:

He should go back to the merchant
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by tempest01(m): 10:21am On May 03, 2016
Minesota1:
Read d post first
I did....I read this kind of event last week on another thread ma'am
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by MizMyColi(f): 10:24am On May 03, 2016
Osyxcel:

grin Na ignorance na.... I read something like this a week ago sef...

It has been advertised all over Nairaland that Tecno Boom J8 comes with a headset free.
Someone had same issue on FP.
Now this one too.

It's just funny and kind of annoying when people get avoidably scammed.
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Osyxcel(m): 10:36am On May 03, 2016
MizMyColi:

It has been advertised all over Nairaland that Tecno Boom J8 comes with a headset free.
Someone had same issue on FP.
Now this one too.

It's just funny and kind of annoying when people get avoidably scammed.

He probably missed those threads.... Not everybody pays attention to some of these things. I can't even buy a phone without knowing what to expect from the package. I got d W4 for someone yesterday and the seller was trying to tell me the features in order to justify the price. I just laughed and told him I knew everything about the phone already.

A lil research would have helped the O.P. I just hope nobody comes here again to report a scam case as regards the J8
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Femikutti: 10:50am On May 03, 2016
Lol
Its not possible jooor

Penaldo:
Meanwhile is it possible to exchange Camon C8 with boom J8
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by MizMyColi(f): 10:56am On May 03, 2016
Osyxcel:

He probably missed those threads.... Not everybody pays attention to some of these things. I can't even buy a phone without knowing what to expect from the package. I got d W4 for someone yesterday and the seller was trying to tell me the features in order to justify the price. I just laughed and told him I knew everything about the phone already.

A lil research would have helped the O.P. I just hope nobody comes here again to report a scam case as regards the J8

Ikegwu Nwannem.
Smh.

As for the W4, I'm still looking at it and making my findings. I intend to make a post out of it.
I didn't even learn much about the phone. I just heard it's Android 6.0 at 29k....that was all the conviction I needed. Lol.
The only complaint I see online is about the 1GB RAM, with the way people were complaining eh, I almost abandoned the phone...
but I have been using it and I really haven't encountered any difficulty per se.

The only difficulty would be learning more about android 6.0 seeing as I came from Android 4.4.2.
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by johnshagb(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2016
It's very obvious this guy is a marketer grin. This is their new method of marketing. Well done OP, keep the hustle on

2 Likes

Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Penaldo: 11:24am On May 03, 2016
Femikutti:
Lol
Its not possible jooor

Then Na to sell the C8 to buy J8 sure pass
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by Penaldo: 11:28am On May 03, 2016
Osyxcel:

Not everybody follows threads bumper to bumper
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by mosjames: 11:56am On May 03, 2016
Penaldo:

Hehe.. Headphone over earpiece.
Re: Please Was I Just Scammed At Computer Village by olagamalin(m): 12:46pm On May 03, 2016
Penaldo:

I can take you to where retailers are buying it for N100

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Whatsapp Stopped Working On My Tecno W3 After Upgrading The Phone.... / How To Make Free Calls And 0.0kb Free Browsing Reloaded Via Psiphon On Airtel / Glo Launch COOPCOM Police CUG Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.