Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 AM

Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) (2431 Views)

Case Fans For Gaming PC - WYNTK / Graphic Cards For Gaming PC - WYNTK / Suggestions Needed On Purchase Of Laptop Good For Gaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Kennedyiheme: 9:10am On Sep 10, 2015
I need advice please
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Affiliate767(m): 9:21am On Sep 10, 2015
Ga and buy ps4 you useless thing that brings up uselesstopics from thine head

cheesy Did you know you....
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Kennedyiheme: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2015
Affiliate767:
Ga and buy ps4 you useless thing that brings up uselesstopics from thine head

cheesy Did you know you....
who gave birth to you? I weep for your mother, is it u thts gonna take decisions for me? Evryday I meet animals on nairaland
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by cao(f): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2015
If we're going by the current exchange rate (just over £130 according to Google), it is nowhere near the value of a decent laptop. But, since I don't really know the scene back home, I'll leave it to competent folks.

Although, on first glance, my initial suggestion was for that budget - get a console...or increase your budget... Where are all the PC master race NLers?! CC AdeLaNa1
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Kennedyiheme: 10:20am On Sep 10, 2015
cao:
If we're going by the current exchange rate (just over £130 according to Google), it is nowhere near the value of a decent laptop. But, since I don't really know the scene back home, I'll leave it to competent folks.

Although, on first glance, my initial suggestion was for that budget - get a console...or increase your budget... Where are all the PC master race NLers?! CC AdeLaNa1
I'm not buying a new one

1 Like

Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by cao(f): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
I'm not buying a new one
Even over here, no one would sell it that low, unless they've had it for a rather long time or spare parts. For entry level gaming laptops you're looking between £400-500 new and you have to pay attention to the specs. If you're looking at pre-owned/refurbished then maybe £250-350. Remember I'm only talking about entry level, I haven't even started with medium or high yet.
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Chidexter(m): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2015
If you need a gaming laptop, even if it fairly used. Your budget would/should be 85k and above.

I have an hp 250 G1 note book, its not even a gaming laptop and it cost me 75k new one
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Kennedyiheme: 5:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
Chidexter:
If you need a gaming laptop, even if it fairly used. Your budget would/should be 85k and above.

I have an hp 250 G1 note book, its not even a gaming laptop and it cost me 75k new one
does it mean dt fairly used laptops wof 50k can't play any game?
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
I need advice please
Even if its fairly used, u cant get a gaming lappy at 40k. And like someone here rightly said, u'll need to add anoda 40k. That might just be enough to get u a fairly used entry level gaming PCs.

But if u feel u cant spend dat much on a pc, then u should go get ursef a ps4...
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Kennedyiheme: 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Even if its fairly used, u cant get a gaming lappy at 40k. And like someone here rightly said, u'll need to add anoda 40k. That might just be enough to get u a fairly used entry level gaming PCs.

But if u feel u cant spend dat much on a pc, then u should go get ursef a ps4...
does it mean that, any other laptop can't play games?
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Chidexter(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
does it mean dt fairly used laptops wof 50k can't play any game?

It can, even laptops worth 40k can play good games, but when you say gaming laptop, it simply means a high end laptop capable of playing numerous games, that a normal laptop would experience problems on.

Gaming laptops, must have bigger and better graphics systems e.t.c. Like the Nvidia graphics.. gaming laptops are also one of the costliest to purchase, sometimes its better to buy a normal pc and then build it into a gaming one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
does it mean that, any other laptop can't play games?
Lets face it. A 40k lappy new or fairly would not get u anywia in gaming. That kind of lappy ll ve no dedicated gpu, a cràp CPU and maybe 4gig ram. A 40k pc would hardly even run 7th gen games not to talk of current 8th gen games.

Even if u want to buy a used pc, u just ve to up ur budget. No two-ways abt it.
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
Chidexter:

It can, even laptops worth 40k can play good games, but when you say gaming laptop, it simply means a high end laptop capable of playing numerous games, that a normal laptop would experience problems on.
Wat "good games" are u suggesting here??

Gaming laptops, must have bigger and better graphics systems e.t.c. Like the Nvidia graphics.. gaming laptops are also one of the costliest to purchase, sometimes its better to buy a normal laptop and then build it into a gaming one
I dont get! Buy a normal lappy and build it to a gaming one??

Or did u mean desktop??
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Chidexter(m): 5:41am On Sep 11, 2015
AdeLaNa1:

Wat "good games" are u suggesting here??

I dont get! Buy a normal lappy and build it to a gaming one??

Or did u mean desktop??

Yes.
and games like Fm, all the pes series, minus pes 14 and 15.
some versions of fifa, god of war, prince of persia e.t.c.
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by snep190(m): 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2015
You can get a gaming pc for 40k to 50k eg alienware and other
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by cao(f): 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
snep190:
You can get a gaming pc for 40k to 50k eg alienware and other
Nope, unless you're talking about old gaming laptops that will not be able to handle current games. Laptops that were probably the shtako in 2005, but are shtako in 2015.
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by KazukiIto(m): 2:09pm On Sep 11, 2015
In all sincerity, NONE! Make it 100k. And maybe, just maybe, you see one. You need something like

RAM: 8gb
Processor: core i7, 2.8ghz
video memory: 1024MB or more
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Equado(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
For a 190k. I'll sell mine..... HP envy 17.....core i7 2.4ghz
....12gig ram.....nvidia gt 850mx......4gig dedicated. Have played the following games on high, some on ultra .
GTA v, Witcher 3, cod aw, FIFA 15, ghost recon future soldier, assasin creed rogue,dragon age, dying light etc
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Equado:
For a 190k. I'll sell mine..... HP envy 17.....core i7 2.4ghz
....12gig ram.....nvidia gt 850mx......4gig dedicated. Have played the following games on high, some on ultra .
GTA v, Witcher 3, cod aw, FIFA 15, ghost recon future soldier, assasin creed rogue,dragon age, dying light etc

I remember ds laptop, I wanted to get it last year, it was 220k but den I could nt spend such amount on a laptop n den dollar gave naira a resounding slap n it bcame 270k, I just forgot d laptop

but u r funny ooo, person dey look for 40k laptop, u dey talk of 190k

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Kennedyiheme: 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Gunbiz:

I remember ds laptop, I wanted to get it last year, it was 220k but den I could nt spend such amount on a laptop n den dollar gave naira a resounding slap n it bcame 270k, I just forgot d laptop

but u r funny ooo, person dey look for 40k laptop, u dey talk of 190k
lol I tire for the guy, but can I use 4gb ram and 500mb to play fifa 15?
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
lol I tire for the guy, but can I use 4gb ram and 500mb to play fifa 15?

nt sure of fifa15 but fifa14 n make sure d processor is nt amd

1 Like

Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by icekream(m): 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
KazukiIto:
In all sincerity, NONE! Make it 100k. And maybe, just maybe, you see one. You need something like

RAM: 8gb
Processor: core i7, 2.8ghz
video memory: 1024MB or more
Like how much can I add to my laptop to swap for a gaming laptop.. Mine is hp 15... 8gb ram, 1tb hdd, intel N3530 processor, nd 64mb vram
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by KazukiIto(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2015
icekream:

Like how much can I add to my laptop to swap for a gaming laptop.. Mine is hp 15... 8gb ram, 1tb hdd, intel N3530 processor, nd 64mb vram

ehmmmm.... no idea. if it is close to 100k, then you are on a safe side
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by icekream(m): 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
KazukiIto:

ehmmmm.... no idea. if it is close to 100k, then you are on a safe side
Tye system bah? Sure... The new sud b around 90
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by sigmundfreud(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
None!
40k can't even buy you a superb gaming smartphone.
Come back when you have like 140k grin
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by snep190(m): 9:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
cao:

Nope, unless you're talking about old gaming laptops that will not be able to handle current games. Laptops that were probably the shtako in 2005, but are shtako in 2015.
. My alienware runs the latest games lyk pes 2014&2015,witcher 3,brothers in blue,watchdogs,gta5.
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by cao(f): 9:59pm On Sep 13, 2015
snep190:
. My alienware runs the latest games lyk pes 2014&2015,witcher 3,brothers in blue,watchdogs,gta5.
And when did you get said Alienware laptop, Master 12/13 year old? Because if you got in 2005, we would need to have a talk...
Re: Urgent Response(what Kinda Laptop Is Good For Gaming With A Budget Of 40k) by chukkiephil(m): 7:28am On Sep 15, 2015
Honestly op the bitter truth is that you can't get a decent gaming laptop for 40k anybody who tells u otherwise is trying to deceive you. You budget should be from 100k upwards

(1) (Reply)

Fifa13 Is Out(and Breaking Records) / (current) Nintendo Wii Price? / Updated; I Have Gotten the Ps4 from KONGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.