Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,526 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely (25597 Views)

ANSU Shuts Down Indefinitely, After Graduate Was Tortured To Death / Exclusive Photos: UNILAG Shuts Students Out Of Hostels Inside The Rain / BREAKING-Uniport Shut Down Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by ncfoods: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
That's unfortunate.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by FatIjeomaOkolie: 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
That is the graciousness of Yorubas. They are so welcoming and treat everybody fairly.

The dead girl Oluchi is an Igbo immigrant in Yoruba land. She got admission into University in Yorubaland, she died after visiting her 'boyfriend' . May she RIP. I hope her parents have enough money to bury her in their village in Biafra

If this happened in Biafra, the igbos would not give a damn.

Smh for Igbo people

4 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by GodblessNig247(m): 2:38pm On Sep 10, 2015
LadyMessi:
I don't think is a nice idea, when students are almost getting ready for second semester exams. Pls d sch management shld knw what to do asap.

are u related to Lionel Messi
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by athaboi(f): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Is a pity..the authorities shld put such cable in other to avert future occurance. Meanwhile the school shld reopen to avoid double loss!
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by jessejunior(m): 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2015
Confam, na skul wey get SUG b diz, no b some skuls wey b say na SU dem get
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by honeric01(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2015
To what end?

That all wires should be removed from the school premises thereby causing power failure?

That the dead (rip) should be brought back to life?

Is the hall under a powerline?

is the school under a powerline?

What exactly is the protest for?
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Shegricho: 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
dave2meek:
All these are not gonna bring the girl back to life

But it won't make another girl 👧 die.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by j4sure(m): 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2015
RIP to d Girl ooooooooooo. Firstclass student..............hmmmmmmmmmmm. grace to end well?
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by shizzy7(f): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
dave2meek:
All these are not gonna bring the girl back to life
But it will prevent another from dying.. .

All this protest is to STOP the school from being NEGLIGENT and have a good Maintenance culture..

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Tobetoe(m): 2:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
Death is so senseless. Athough they said prevention is better, cheaper.safer and sexier than cure. So sad .RIP
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by stasius: 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
To what end? Irrational actions.
Again. To what end?

May her soul RIP. Amen
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Moz22: 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
MisterLongman:

Both the government and the people are to be blamed.....
This wires shouldn't have been in a residential area or they should ve been removed when the such area becomes occupied by people or to be passed underground.....
Imagine people were crying foul when ogun state govt. decided to demolish houses under live wires despite the fact that its for their own good
bro..no where is safe. Hanging wires on poles is as risky as burying them underground. I was almost electrocuted back then in skul as a result of underground wires. The floors of my hostel became extremely hot and we couldn't walk on it. Had to call on d hostel authorities to shut down power completely. The prayer we shd pray is that we don't fall victim of these eventualities.

3 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by ALIEN2000(m): 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
Dis is simply an obvious case of carelessness by d sch authorities..or dere agents ---dis guys betr pay 4 Her burial expenses and Oda miscellaneous expenses...Useless pple...RIP...2 D Dead.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by shizzy7(f): 2:45pm On Sep 10, 2015
honeric01:
To what end?

That all wires should be removed from the school premises thereby causing power failure?

That the dead (rip) should be brought back to life?

Is the hall under a powerline?

is the school under a powerline?

What exactly is the protest for?
There is a big NEPA station inside Unilag that supplies AKOKA and Environs...
Cables crossing the school which are meant for outside communities.. cables supplying the school are underground..

Anything could have caused her death but this Particular one could have been avoided because they already reported to the school that the wire sparks..

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by tunergy(m): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Again Medicine after death.
The Wires have been there for YEARS, yet nobody complained or staged a protest about it.
Now a life has been lost and all hell has been let loose.

Please can somebody tell me what the Protest is about?
To Resurrect the Dead or to Remove Live 11k wires from the school?

While the Death of the lady is painful and unfortunate, these students should know that the harm done by disrupting their accademic calendar is far more Unfortunate.

Call out the Authority and register your grievances in reasonable manners.

That's the best way to resolve issues.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Orikinla(m): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Smooyis:
An electric cable that should have been carefully attended to has now led to death and closure of unilag. Our attitude of carelessness in this country is unparalleled.

As usual no one will pay for this neglect. And the circle continues again.
[size=28pt]
Nigerians have never learned from the terrible mistakes of the past.
[/size]
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
[quote author=salau01 post=37860402][/quote]

indeed the black man is homo erectus.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by tunergy(m): 2:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
FatIjeomaOkolie:
That is the graciousness of Yorubas. They are so welcoming and treat everybody fairly.

The dead girl Oluchi is an Igbo immigrant in Yoruba land. She got admission into University in Yorubaland, she died after visiting her 'boyfriend' . May she RIP. I hope her parents have enough money to bury her in their village in Biafra

If this happened in Biafra, the igbos would not give a damn.

Smh for Igbo people

Inglorious Bigot
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunde202:
Standing By Oluchi.

I just got a BC calling to Protest and demonstration over the sad death of Oluchi in Unilag.

So quickly, following the principle that explanation/clarification should never be delayed when due...

Yes it is really sad but we have to be frank for I love you for Allaah's sake.

Hence we should be informed you, Muslim who has taken part in that protest has committed a great sin from many angles:

First, to what end is the protest?

If u say it's to call the attention of the authority, we say: there are other means which are permissible. Protest is not permissible in islam it gives birth to more evil.

And so that we can relate, I will narrate:

3 years ago, unilag was changed to maulag, there were serious protests. In one of the protests, on third mainland bridge, a woman was in labour and was stock in d traffic for hours cus some students blocked dat road. Others couldn't go to work etc.

A lot of things went wrong and thousands were deprived one way or the other.

All these ppl also have rights which were taken from them. And by Allaah, this right shall be returned on THAT day...

So imagine the number of ppl u have deprived today. Two wrongs never make a right.

If u say d protest is to honour d girl, that falls under wailing over the dead: wailing over the dead is a major sin. RasooluLlaah called it a form of disbelief.

The black friday, it has no basis. U taking part would be a form of imitation of the non believers. Which also a major sin. Whoever immitates a group of ppl is one of them (hadith).

As an aside, it is not wrong to sympathise with the family, as a Muslim. However, unlike the ignorant ones, we Muslims have principles which set us apart.

U may find that protest is popular in some parts of the Muslim world, however, it is wrong. And we all know and can see the aftermath.

And if u only sent the bc by way of solidarity, u will have d same sin as those who go for it will have.

U will have sins for corparting in evil and transgression.

Shaytaan beautifies sins. Pls dont fall into these traps.

Again, it is really sad that such happened to Oluchi. But please think about the implications of u joining this protest, few of which are mentioned above.

May Allaah honour me and you.

Abu Umar

Pls share with brothers and sisters.

The person that wrote this is suffering from ignorance. Will you say because you slept off when you were supposed to observed your slat meant that you are not destined to observe it. Rather it is your negligence and complacency that would be blamed for missing your solat in the first place.

I quite agree that protest can lead to violence however peaceful protest is also probable. There are situations that the only way to resolve them is to protest and embark on hunger strikes and Also, the students are not protesting against her death. They are protesting against the School's negligence. Faith or no faith, If the school had done its job judiciously she might still be alive. Therefore it makes no sense to consider wailing for her wrong in Islam. They are not wailing over her death they are wailing for their helplessness.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunergy:
Again Medicine after death.
The Wires have been there for YEARS, yet nobody complained or staged a protest about it.
Now a life has been lost and all hell has been let loose.

Please can somebody tell me what the Protest is about?
To Resurrect the Dead or to Remove Live 11k wires from the school?

While the Death of the lady is painful and unfortunate, these students should know that the harm done by disrupting their accademic calendar is far more Unfortunate.

Call out the Authority and register your grievances in reasonable manners.

That's the best way to resolve issues.

They have forgotten that they are the only nes that wold be affected. Their tutors and the management would collect their salaries at the end of the month.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
poor infrastructures...
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by bigerboy200: 2:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
adedayourt:
nobody is happy about d death. d students sud also kno ders nothing any1 cud av done
I think something could have been done..High voltage wires shouldn't be over residential areas, they should be ran underground ..it's jes wrong..tho that's what we see all over the places....may she RIP.. jes sad..
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by nnadychuks(m): 3:01pm On Sep 10, 2015
Hmmmm this beautiful girl gone?? RIP
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by adedayourt(m): 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
bigerboy200:

I think something could have been done..High voltage wires shouldn't be over residential areas, they should be ran underground ..it's jes wrong..tho that's what we see all over the places....may she RIP.. jes sad..

high voltage sudnt b flying around ouses but dats wat entail in nig. so ders notin to b done bout it in dat regard.

its a pity dou
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by mayorjosh(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2015
tunde202:
Standing By Oluchi.

I just got a BC calling to Protest and demonstration over the sad death of Oluchi in Unilag.

So quickly, following the principle that explanation/clarification should never be delayed when due...

Yes it is really sad but we have to be frank for I love you for Allaah's sake.

Hence we should be informed you, Muslim who has taken part in that protest has committed a great sin from many angles:

First, to what end is the protest?

If u say it's to call the attention of the authority, we say: there are other means which are permissible. Protest is not permissible in islam it gives birth to more evil.

And so that we can relate, I will narrate:

3 years ago, unilag was changed to maulag, there were serious protests. In one of the protests, on third mainland bridge, a woman was in labour and was stock in d traffic for hours cus some students blocked dat road. Others couldn't go to work etc.

A lot of things went wrong and thousands were deprived one way or the other.

All these ppl also have rights which were taken from them. And by Allaah, this right shall be returned on THAT day...

So imagine the number of ppl u have deprived today. Two wrongs never make a right.

If u say d protest is to honour d girl, that falls under wailing over the dead: wailing over the dead is a major sin. RasooluLlaah called it a form of disbelief.

The black friday, it has no basis. U taking part would be a form of imitation of the non believers. Which also a major sin. Whoever immitates a group of ppl is one of them (hadith).

As an aside, it is not wrong to sympathise with the family, as a Muslim. However, unlike the ignorant ones, we Muslims have principles which set us apart.

U may find that protest is popular in some parts of the Muslim world, however, it is wrong. And we all know and can see the aftermath.

And if u only sent the bc by way of solidarity, u will have d same sin as those who go for it will have.

U will have sins for corparting in evil and transgression.

Shaytaan beautifies sins. Pls dont fall into these traps.

Again, it is really sad that such happened to Oluchi. But please think about the implications of u joining this protest, few of which are mentioned above.

May Allaah honour me and you.

Abu Umar

Pls share with brothers and sisters.

What is this "religion of peace follower saying?"

Then y aren't ur fellow terrorists followin these principles

#ignorance at its peak

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by qtx(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
what a great loss. May soul RIPP amen.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Obaf16(f): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2015
lekjons:
pathetic.. It's Buhari's fault!
It's ur fault not Buhari
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by dailywealth1967: 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Staffs in charge of facility management of the school should be held responsible for not doing their jobs.Carelessness of somebody has brought us grieve
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by kristen12(f): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
Pls where did you guys get this news from? It's a lie ooooo.
Unilag has not been shut down. I'm just coming from a class sef.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by abimic(m): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
Something really avoidable ended up claiming someone's life. How I don't care attitude really do make one be the bad guy. I just hope this will be more attended to in order to prevent reoccurrence.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by WOCKHARDI(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2015
All the overhead aluminum cables in the campuses should be replaced with armored cables safely buried underground to prevent any such man made hazards in future. This should be the students' ( NANS ) demand from the Universities authorities.
What a loss to the parents and humanity.
Re: UNILAG Shuts Down Indefinitely by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2015
But why now?? Still had a class today...just got back sef, where did u get this crappie from??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have A Talent And I Don't Want This To Die Inside Of Me / Gateway Polytechnic Students Protest Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Has PEDMAS Really Taken Over From BODMAS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.