Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,350 members, 7,819,252 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) (57909 Views)

Open Letter To Olamide - Why Olamide Shouldn’t Release An Album This Year 2018 / Davido To Honour DJ Olu With An Album / 8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Badex10(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
ok
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by ttemmi(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
Noted.
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by nikkiking(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
Is he's music in

Where

can i download he's music .
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by jossy91(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2015
na today u know
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by festusfeezy(m): 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
Featuring 2face idibia
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by VISTIN(m): 7:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
Is Fela a bad son from a good home??

Just asking. Where did he learn smoking from?
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2015
xtervaganza:
1st album - YORUBA

1st woman to drive - YORUBA

1st university - YORUBALAND

1st skyscraper - YORUBALAND

1st tv station - YORUBALAND

but but but South West

Na im make your Igbo people come siddon for our domot abi? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by chichriso: 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
Waw
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by biliment(m): 7:54pm On Sep 10, 2015
n aw dat one take concern me?
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by xtervaganza(m): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

Na im make your Igbo people come siddon for our domot abi? undecided
understand inverted sarcasm, bro

i'm 100% YORUBA from Ijebu Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by CandyBar: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
realDONmikel:
His album is still at the British Museum..

But forgotten by Nigeria.....

*Shaking My Head*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by IceDude(m): 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
AreaFada2:
I see. I thought it was Yemi Alade. Looking for her Johnny. cheesy grin
U nor know book, na Patoranking
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by tupacshakur(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
realDONmikel:
It is practically impossible to know Nigeria’s first singer because singing as always been part of the human culture from time immemorial but the first ever Nigerian to release an album is Canon Josiah Jesse Ransome Kuti (Fela Anikulapo’s Grandfather and Prof Wole Soyinka’s great-grand father). He has been composing songs since 1878 and and his last work was released in 4th August, 1921. His album is still at the British Museum.. The Reverend Canon Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, was perhaps the earliest person in Nigeria to compose gospel songs in form of Church hymns used in the early Anglican Church at St Peter Cathedral Church, Ake Abeokuta Ogun state Nigeria.
Source: http://www.lagoslately.com/meet-the-first-nigerian-musician-to-release-an-album/

Ake reminds me of...

Wole Soyinka's "Ake - The years of childhood".

What a good read!

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2015
legendary
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
xtervaganza:
understand inverted sarcasm, bro

i'm 100% YORUBA from Ijebu Igbo

Issorai! grin

Omo ìjèbú alárè grin

Omo Ijebu-ode re'm wa! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by smuth(m): 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
dirtymoney:
1879..... And you call him a Nigerian?
That was long before this zoo came into existence...
He prolly would have made history as the first drug baron if he were born in the zoo era.

Sorry I am just stupid
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Etruth: 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
Donariok:
[s]that's good to hear.

but now? our artistes releases album containing diff tracks with same rhyme and wacky lyrics.

now we don't even borda to buy albums, because we got d tracks n videos in our phones and laptop.

I heard something today.

is it true that all buhari know is seat in d office and wait till its time to pray for Allah den after praying he visits his cow and den close for d day?

no no I'm not sure.

AM JUST HERE TO INFORM EVERYONE THAT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY, PHCN GAVE US LIGHT FROM 6am TILL THIS MOMENT THERE'S STILL LIGHT.

CONCLUSION : AM HIGH ON WEED[/s] .
Are you trying to be funny or foolish? If its the former,I'd say your attempt was quite weak and very dry, but if its the latter, go on....its no crime.
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by adedayourt(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2015
realDONmikel:
It is practically impossible to know Nigeria’s first singer because singing as always been part of the human culture from time immemorial but the first ever Nigerian to release an album is Canon Josiah Jesse Ransome Kuti (Fela Anikulapo’s Grandfather and Prof Wole Soyinka’s great-grand father). He has been composing songs since 1878 and and his last work was released in 4th August, 1921. His album is still at the British Museum.. The Reverend Canon Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, was perhaps the earliest person in Nigeria to compose gospel songs in form of Church hymns used in the early Anglican Church at St Peter Cathedral Church, Ake Abeokuta Ogun state Nigeria.
Source: http://www.lagoslately.com/meet-the-first-nigerian-musician-to-release-an-album/

i dont seem to understnd dis bolded part
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Baamsy(m): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
realDONmikel:
indeed that is the first church in Nigeria
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Etruth:
[color=990000#]Are you trying to be funny or foolish? If its the former,I'd say your attempt was quite weak and very dry, but if its the latter, go on....its no crime.[/color]
why er u guys just looking for who to exchange words with? pls pls and pls ,,find another person biko#no beef

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by gwas(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
adeyemi97:
Fela and wole soyinka are related??

MAKAVELI OFFSPRING IN THIS MOTHERF*CKER

They are cousins, Soyinka once said it in one of his interviews years back.

@Topic, Fela is from a great family - check out his mother, his father, his brother and his children, then his grand-father. Na them get Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Toks2008(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2015
adeyemi97:
Fela and wole soyinka are related??

MAKAVELI OFFSPRING IN THIS MOTHERF*CKER
Honestly im surprised too.
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by AirstarKane(f): 8:51pm On Sep 10, 2015
cristweeezy:
wole soyinka and fela b family?

Na so me sef dey wonder o head don dey pain me trying to figure the link between the two op abeg torch light the matter
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by redcliff: 8:56pm On Sep 10, 2015
xtervaganza:
1st album - YORUBA

1st woman to drive - YORUBA

1st university - YORUBALAND

1st skyscraper - YORUBALAND

1st tv station - YORUBALAND

but but but South West

Ok so what are we supposes to do with this information now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by codeworks(m): 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
okay.......

please where can we download his music biko grin grin

Pls you have contact of any moderator
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by Rotimi47: 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2015
Atmmachine:
What are the songs in the album ??
What were they singing in the songs ??
How the Yorubas were enslaved by the Hausa masters ??
How the igbos bought all the lands in Lagos ??
How ofe mmanu was created ??
. How flat head our oyel Igbos were slaves of the ijaws, how all Igbo songs always have the same beats and same rhythms, how igbos lie to themselves as they always do that they own all the land in Lagos (advance free fraud) Biafra, how Igbos are seen as 4th class citizens, how no Igbo have really lead Nigeria as head of state but only ceremonial head of state. They shout Biafra and keep hatting the Yorubas & the Hausas but they still return to the North after all the killings.

Erosion area people forming civilized. Ordinary noise makers, evil Boko haram didn't make much noise before they started armed insurgency but Biafra have been making noise while chest beating since the civil war ended till date, Boko Haram made so much noise about the Nigerian military being cowards but now the real cowards are boko haram members.

Another try will definitely convince you crime kingpins that your loss of the civil war is a childs play. Just give it another try. Dont know why people from a clown tribe always like bringing Yorubas into everything. Yeye dey smell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by dont8(m): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2015
gwas:

They are cousins, Soyinka once said it in one of his interviews years back.

@Topic, Fela is from a great family - check out his mother, his father, his brother and his children, then his grand-father. Na them get Nigeria?
...and great grand-father and cousin, Wole Soyinka.

What a beautiful family he has!

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by nwakaibeya1: 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmtSL76pTQc …>>Humanbeigns who have spiritual eyes listen to the utterance in this videos and they know it is TRUE but humanbeigns beign what theyy are will never accept the truth easily
Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by xtervaganza(m): 9:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
redcliff:

Ok so what are we supposes to do with this information now?
i dont recall tagging you in my comment

why are you arsed?

1 Like

Re: Meet The First Nigerian Musician To Release An Album (photo) by OgeniBravo: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
okay.......

please where can we download his music biko grin grin
How come you are this sick?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rihanna’s Response To Fan Who Commented On Her “Stretch Marks” (Photos) / 5 African Beauty Queens That Are Extremely Beautiful / Ruth Kadiri Ezerika And Daughter, Reign Share Christmas Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.