Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos (41696 Views)

Paul Okoye Replies Fan That Asked Him Why His Voice Sounds Like 'psqaure' / Peter Okoye Replies Fan Who Asked Which Song Will He Perform In His Show / Peter Okoye Replies APC Over Call For His Arrest Based On Abroad Video Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 10, 2015
softvio:

God! You just stole that Taylor Swift example out of my mouth. That was what i wanted to quote to Missnora , you don't just use someone intellectual property for free and you make gains out of it, yet you don't pay him/her. That's intellectual robbery, Nigerians should learn how to be rational in business and not always about emotions.... Am never a fan of Psquare though

That is what u get in a country were majority of its citizens sees everything from their various sentimental lenses rather than allowing objectivity to prevail.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by softvio(m): 11:44pm On Sep 10, 2015
byrron:

That is what u get in a country were majority of its citizens sees everything from their various sentimental lenses rather than allowing objectivity to prevail.

true! You're right on track.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by mrprestige(m): 12:17am On Sep 11, 2015
These Jude doesnt know how to talk. Talking like a pure olodo.

www.infobizstream.com/option.html
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Baroba(m): 12:48am On Sep 11, 2015
The guy is a PR disaster, he lacks tact and is equally uncouth.. He is just lucky he lives in a country where it dosen't really matter..
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Alezy(m): 1:03am On Sep 11, 2015
2sex:
hmmmm square
Lolz. ..I dnt kw wat to say to u
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by YungMillionaire: 1:06am On Sep 11, 2015
Personally rather than listen to PSQUARE I rather listen to Usher (the original) - just me. But on this issue with sound city I think both sides have a point.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Giddyprance(m): 1:08am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
I rarely reply this kinda mentions buh lemme give u some lessons. I dont blame u cuz u haven't bn with a new struggling artist or help promoting someone. Do u remember pSquares first album? The time they looked malnourished? They beg and even pay for radio and TV stations to air their music. Now Soundcity has bn doing that for free... Playing them everyday... Making them more famous. Now they pSquare are made. And Soundcity requested they do just a show for them, they started requesting money which shocked Soundcity... I don't know bout you, buh my mum taught me to always be thankful and grateful to anyone who helped me on my way up.... Be appreciative...
Babe did u read the part where he said they've played all Soundcity blast since inception?
U knw how much that costs?
Quit talking all righteous and try see things thru Psquare's eyes
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by adconline(m): 2:07am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
I rarely reply this kinda mentions buh lemme give u some lessons. I dont blame u cuz u haven't bn with a new struggling artist or help promoting someone. Do u remember pSquares first album? The time they looked malnourished? They beg and even pay for radio and TV stations to air their music. Now Soundcity has bn doing that for free... Playing them everyday... Making them more famous. Now they pSquare are made. And Soundcity requested they do just a show for them, they started requesting money which shocked Soundcity... I don't know bout you, buh my mum taught me to always be thankful and grateful to anyone who helped me on my way up.... Be appreciative...
Naija mentality of always getting things for free. PSQ didn't need Soundcity. If Soundcity isn't running commercials for free, why would they expect P2 not to get royalties and on top of that wanted a free show?? People turn on TV to watch P2 and co not Soundcity , so P2 keeps Soundcity in business not the other way round.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by chumakk: 2:08am On Sep 11, 2015
U
MISSNORA:
my friend, soundcity don't play songs for free. They charge upcoming artist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by EmekaBlue(m): 2:35am On Sep 11, 2015
sometimes its allowed when u don vex...Love u guyz Psquare among d very few who brought naija music up..Now all man dey shine
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by jbjackson(m): 3:52am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
yes I got your point brother but imagine sound city requesting 300k jus to play my upcoming artist video,what do you think will happen when my artist blow and they request for a free show?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:

The equivalent of what you are saying is that because your employer spent money to train you, you should now work one month free for him.

This is their bread and butter. Asking them to perform for free is just plain rubbish.

P.S. Have you forgotten when sound city started? When no one wanted to watch them and they were begging artistes to show their videos. It works both ways.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 4:57am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
God bless you for this, PSquare are Ingrates, Proud people
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by free2ryhme: 5:00am On Sep 11, 2015
HyDee001:

Can someone tell Jude Okoye to just shut up?!!!
Silence is golden.

What would he feed his family with if he keeps doing free shows??

You speak before you think. For the smart ones it is the other way round

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by abu12: 5:14am On Sep 11, 2015
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/music/189820-why-we-stopped-airing-p-square-music-videos-soundcity-tv.html

Nigerian cable and terrestrial music channel,
Soundcity, has cleared the air on why it stopped airing videos by Nigeria’s pop twins, P-Square, since January this year.

The television channel was responding to an outburst by Peter Okoye, one half of the group, to a fan on Twitter who had complained about the lack of P-Square videos on Soundcity TV.

“Don’t waste ur time dear… They will not play them … Pls keep watching Trace TV, Mtvbase, HipTv nAfropop. Thanks,” Peter Okoye had responded to the fan via his Twitter handle on Thursday.

But in a statement titled, “What has Soundcity ever done for P-Square?” the urban music channel said the decision to stop airing the pop duo’s music videos was due to their failure to attend to one of their events, last year.

“For 10 years, @SoundcityTV has been a huge supporter of #PSquare brand, right from their 1st music video to the last video released in 2014. Most of their videos got massive airplay on @SoundcityTV than any other music channel,” the TV station said in the statement published on its website.

The statement noted that the station had assisted the P-Square brand, toured with them all over Africa at their own expense, given them ad-spots for their events as well as prime time slots for their videos.

“We invited #PSquare to one of our annual events last December 2014 and they insisted we pay a certain amount of money,” the statement continued.

“We reasonably asked, what is the least we can offer? This was us foregoing the fact that we had invested a lot in #PSquare’s career as music talents/artistes and entertainers.

“The feedback was ‘What has Soundcity ever done for P-Square? Tell me one thing Soundcity has ever done for PSquare’ (Jude Okoye, Manager).

“While we understand that this is business, there is also room for special consideration. Saying our TV brand has never done anything for #Psquare was quite damning. Clearly, there was no need to argue with their decision.

“We decided to stop doing anything with/for #PSquare, since our 10 years of supporting the group meant nothing to them. We assumed our relationship was a mutually beneficial one, but clearly one-sided.

“Ultimately, #PSquare music videos stopped airing on @SoundcityTV since January 01, 2015. Soundcity reserves the right to air music videos on our cable/ satellite or terrestrial platforms.”

[size=15pt]d feedback frm psquare manager is uncalled for, he is arrogant [/size]
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ojeffo: 5:52am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
Foolishness of the highest order....dnt drag ur innocent mum into it too. Last i checked Soundcity aint no charity.. why beg for free stuffs in d 1st place.. so everyone who has played psquare songs in d past should start begging them for free show abi. They were playing their songs that time cos it was the rave of the moment...they had hit songs. So soundcity used it to majntain viewership. NONSENSE
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ojeffo: 5:58am On Sep 11, 2015
abu12:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/arts-entertainment/music/189820-why-we-stopped-airing-p-square-music-videos-soundcity-tv.html

Nigerian cable and terrestrial music channel,
Soundcity, has cleared the air on why it stopped airing videos by Nigeria’s pop twins, P-Square, since January this year.

The television channel was responding to an outburst by Peter Okoye, one half of the group, to a fan on Twitter who had complained about the lack of P-Square videos on Soundcity TV.

“Don’t waste ur time dear… They will not play them … Pls keep watching Trace TV, Mtvbase, HipTv nAfropop. Thanks,” Peter Okoye had responded to the fan via his Twitter handle on Thursday.

But in a statement titled, “What has Soundcity ever done for P-Square?” the urban music channel said the decision to stop airing the pop duo’s music videos was due to their failure to attend to one of their events, last year.

“For 10 years, @SoundcityTV has been a huge supporter of #PSquare brand, right from their 1st music video to the last video released in 2014. Most of their videos got massive airplay on @SoundcityTV than any other music channel,” the TV station said in the statement published on its website.

The statement noted that the station had assisted the P-Square brand, toured with them all over Africa at their own expense, given them ad-spots for their events as well as prime time slots for their videos.

“We invited #PSquare to one of our annual events last December 2014 and they insisted we pay a certain amount of money,” the statement continued.

“We reasonably asked, what is the least we can offer? This was us foregoing the fact that we had invested a lot in #PSquare’s career as music talents/artistes and entertainers.

“The feedback was ‘What has Soundcity ever done for P-Square? Tell me one thing Soundcity has ever done for PSquare’ (Jude Okoye, Manager).

“While we understand that this is business, there is also room for special consideration. Saying our TV brand has never done anything for #Psquare was quite damning. Clearly, there was no need to argue with their decision.

“We decided to stop doing anything with/for #PSquare, since our 10 years of supporting the group meant nothing to them. We assumed our relationship was a mutually beneficial one, but clearly one-sided.

“Ultimately, #PSquare music videos stopped airing on @SoundcityTV since January 01, 2015. Soundcity reserves the right to air music videos on our cable/ satellite or terrestrial platforms.”

[size=15pt]d feedback frm psquare manager is uncalled for, he is arrogant [/size]
WHY IS SOUNDCITY COMPLAINING..IT IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL FOR THEM TO STOP AIRPLAY OF SQUARES VIDEOS...IT IS NOT A MUST SOMEONE MUST GET WEN HE BEGS...BEGGING NO TOO GOOD. ME TOO WILL STOP WATCHING SOUNDCITY..COS ALL THE TIME I HV BEEN PAYING FOR CABLE SUBSCRIPTION TO WATCH THEIR CHANNEL..THEY HV NOT DONE ANYTHING FOR ME.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ojeffo: 6:07am On Sep 11, 2015
I once saw in a barber's shop..."Bizness thrives when family,friends and others pay for services rendered..NO CREDIT TODAY..COME TOMORROW" grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Carlmax(m): 6:15am On Sep 11, 2015
Was the show for free?.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by dplomaticVal: 6:19am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:

white lie...their good music created a niche for them in the industry not soundcity or an foolish gold digging station

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Chubhie: 6:26am On Sep 11, 2015
Reminds me of how Cassius Clay or Mohamed Ali and Cosell thrilled the sports world.

It was one based on mutual benefits and Respect. I still have the documentary.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ladej(m): 7:27am On Sep 11, 2015
metroparrot:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-uJOa1xRm0Jo/VfHDwvPEm4I/AAAAAAACMms/fJ6n2iotw9I/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
P-Square's manager and brother Jude Okoye has responded to Soundcity's statement which claimed Psquare refused to support their event in December 2014.The music channel claims they decided to stop airing PSquare's videos because the duo did not reciprocate their support over the years..

Jude Okoye says the music channel is not doing them a favour as they make millions playing artist videos for free without paying royalties..

[img]http://3.bp..com/-IvjBut6igq0/VfHF1vjNFVI/AAAAAAACMm8/04BMdkSXI7o/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-F-sQZzpMH5k/VfHFEwfqlEI/AAAAAAACMm0/uvnwKpjjdmw/s1600/Untitled.png[/img]

https://mobile.twitter.com/judeengees/status/642032118219046912

BY THE WAY HOW MUCH TAX HAS P SQUARE PAID TO THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT ?

IF FIRS SHOULD START WITH ALL THESE ARTISTES !
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ladej(m): 7:31am On Sep 11, 2015
dplomaticVal:

white lie...their good music created a niche for them in the industry not soundcity or an foolish gold digging station
they weren't the only ones who sang good music

Btw

Google payola

Struggling artistes do all sorts to get air play in the beginning

The ones who don't have established managers (think kenny music and tuface or banky w and whizkid)

And then those managers take large chunks of their money !

It's not free
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ladej(m): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2015
ojeffo:

WHY IS SOUNDCITY COMPLAINING..IT IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL FOR THEM TO STOP AIRPLAY OF SQUARES VIDEOS...IT IS NOT A MUST SOMEONE MUST GET WEN HE BEGS...BEGGING NO TOO GOOD. ME TOO WILL STOP WATCHING SOUNDCITY..COS ALL THE TIME I HV BEEN PAYING FOR CABLE SUBSCRIPTION TO WATCH THEIR CHANNEL..THEY HV NOT DONE ANYTHING FOR ME.

P square should be concerned about more important things like their future

All ain't well in that camp

The brothers also appear to have different directions....since one married

Pride comes before a fall
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Tekzyflex(m): 7:39am On Sep 11, 2015
He should shot up his dirty mouth.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by hardychris(m): 7:50am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
I must say that u re a good respectful Nigerian woman, I was expecting u to hit back in a rude manner but u didn't, Keep it up dear.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by AmakaDNBStories(f): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2015
melzabull:
typo, didn't you see where he corrected it....and that was all you got from the post? ode
Aww and you had to call me ode. Either you are 12 or got issues.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by ojeffo: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2015
ladej:

P square should be concerned about more important things like their future

All ain't well in that camp

The brothers also appear to have different directions....since one married

Pride comes before a fall
All are married...im still trying to figure out how doing one's business strictly is pride...and who's gonna fall them...U?..U must be a bulldozer then
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2015
Psquare and other artists are doing soundcity more favour than they to artist. Artists can survive without soundcity but soundcity can't survive without the artists. Soundcity is the ingrate here. Imagine getting contents that cost millions to produce for free and all you do is play it to entertain your fans. Soundcity should start paying artists, even if na transport fare.
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by femi4: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2015
JewelRegi:

Who is now the ingrate between both parties.
The videos
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:
I hate ingrates

So whom amongst em is the ingrate¿
Re: Jude Okoye Replies Soundcity: You Make A Living Playing P-Square Videos by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 11, 2015
MISSNORA:

While I agree with you to an extent I also feel I should point out something to you. When people help you on your way to the top without any personal benefit or interest attached then it makes loads of sense but when it's the other way round it's rubbish. Sound city used this guy's n many others to get viewers n adds up as a marketing strategy for them. To them it was about their business then growing so helping you to help themselves was what the game was all about. For example, when Hot FM, Vision and Nigeria Info in Abuja started they played all popular Nigerian jams dawn till dawn, No news, No advert, No gist. Today, the story is different and they will now come n claim they promoted the artist back then? If you don't understand a business line don't add emotions to it. Also, my mum told me be careful of humans cos they never do anything for free there's always a price to pay but if they do appreciate and attribute it all to God cos the heart of a man naturally can't do Good for FREE.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Segun Arinze's Hideous Makeover Transformation On Movie Set [PICS] / Charles Okocha Surprises His Mum, Ngozi With Bundles Of Money On Her Birthday / ‘My Body Be Speaking In Tongues’ – Tonto Dikeh Praises Plastic Surgeon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.