Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse (3012 Views)

The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 10, 2015
End of the world fears sparked by 'blood moon' and meteor strike prophecy

Minority Christian groups have predicted the world will end later this month – when they say a ‘blood moon’ will bring about an apocalyptic meteor strike.

Scientists say a ‘blood moon’ will occur on September 28, when the moon passes into the shadow of the earth cast by the Sun (a lunar eclipse) and appears dim and reddish.

Some religious leaders believe that because this is the fourth consecutive lunar eclipse since April 2014, it is part of a "tertrad" - which foretells a meteorite destroying earth and the end of time.

Experts at Nasa remain unconvinced.

The organisation monitors the heavens constantly for asteroids and none are on course to collide with Earth for several hundred years. However, the fears are widespread enough for it to have issued an official statement on the topic.

The Blood Moon theory has its roots in a passage in the Bible in Joel 2:31 which reads: "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."

Similarly, in Acts 2:20: "The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord."

And again in Revelation 6:12: "[...] and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood".

That a "tetrad" of lunar eclipses, with six full moons in between them, will coincide with an asteroid hitting earth was popularised by US pastors Mark Biltz and John Hagee. They each noted that previous tetrads in history had coincided with noteworthy, tragic and triumphant events in Jewish history.

Mr Hagee's book on the topic, called Four Blood Moons, was the ninth best-selling paperback in the US in March last year.

Present day biblical theorists who follow the teachings have been worried that in a period somewhere between September 22 to 28 2015, the world will end.

And although sources are vague there has been enough speculation on social media and elsewhere for NASA, which has an automated collision monitoring system, to issue the following statement:

"NASA knows of no asteroid or comet currently on a collision course with Earth, so the probability of a major collision is quite small," said a spokesperson in comments reported by Yahoo News.

"In fact, as best as we can tell, no large object is likely to strike the Earth any time in the next several hundred years."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/end-of-the-world-fears-sparked-by-blood-moon-and-meteor-strike-prophecy-10491339.html
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/abuja-lagos-other-cities-to-experience-lunar-eclipse-on-september-28/219847/
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by OracleMxNelson(m): 10:49pm On Sep 10, 2015
reading
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2015
Abuja, Lagos, Other Cities to Experience Lunar Eclipse on September 28

By Dele Ogbodo in Abuja

The National Space Research and Development Agency (NASRDA) on Wednesday said Abuja, Lagos and several other cities and towns across the country, would experience a lunar eclipse on September 28.

In a signed statement by the agency’s Deputy Director of Media and Corporate Communications Dr. Felix Ale, said the lunar eclipse would begin on Monday 28, 1:11a.m, local time and will be at its maximum by 3:47 a.m. local time, with its final contact by 6:22a.m.

According to the agency, the lunar eclipse is an astronomical event that occurs when the earth comes in-between the sun and the moon, and the earth cast its shadow on the moon, so that the moon appear reddish.

The statement said: “The lunar eclipse which is also called the blood moon will be observed in some regions around the world.

“Some of the regions seeing at least some parts of the eclipse include, Europe, South-east Asia, Africa, much of North America, much of South America, Pacific, Atlantic, Indian Ocean, Arctic, and Antarctica.”

However, the lunar eclipse, Ale said, would be viewed in Nigeria especially in locations with the absence of cloud cover.

Furthermore, the lunar eclipse will be visible in Abuja, and would begin from 1:11a.m, with total eclipse at 3:47a.m, and end by 6:22a.m.

“Nigerians are advised not to panic, and to go about their normal activities as it is just an astronomical event which will last for 5 hours 11 minutes,” the statement said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/abuja-lagos-other-cities-to-experience-lunar-eclipse-on-september-28/219847/

Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by Osisie(m): 11:03pm On Sep 10, 2015
This is serious, bro. This stuff has occupied my mind ever since I came across it today. I came here to make a thread on it then found urs.

There are so many predictions.....one which bothers me a lot is that of the fall of America. I just wonder. Should we panic?
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
Osisie:
This is serious, bro. This stuff has occupied my mind ever since I came across it today. I came here to make a thread on it then found urs.

There are so many predictions.....one which bothers me a lot is that of the fall of America. I just wonder. Should we panic?

Bro, I don't think it's a mistake we are both thinking the same thing. I have been doing a lot of reading on this issue some months back and then I forgot about it. But surprisingly today the issue just dropped in my mind again!

I don't think we should panic. Nothing spectacular may happen on that day per say, but from that day onward we may begin to witness global events that will freak-out humanity.

I believe it's time to get right with God. We need to prepare ourselves for the return of JESUS! Lets preach God's salvation to our families and to those who care to listen around us.

God help us!

2 Likes

Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by witnezHD(m): 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2015
end time shit..., 😭6⃣5🌇
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2015
What is a Blood Moon?

A lunar eclipse occurs when the earth passes between the sun and the moon. This blocks the sun’s rays from reflecting off the moon as normal. However, some of the sun’s rays curve around the earth causing the moon to appear red during a total eclipse. Because of its vivid color, a total lunar eclipse is often referred to by NASA as a Blood Red Moon. The occurrence of blood moons is quite common, normally happening at least twice per year. Most of us have seen the moon when its appearance has changed to red. When four blood moons happen in close succession, NASA refers to this as a tetrad. Tetrads are rather rare, only taking place fifty-five times since 1 AD.

The Teaching of the 4 Blood Moons

The teaching of the four blood moons has recently captivated the attention of the religious world. This teaching states that, when four consecutive blood moons fall on Jewish feast days, a major event affecting the Jewish people will occur in close proximity to that time.

This phenomenon of four consecutive blood moons coinciding with Jewish feast days has only occurred ten times since 1 AD and only three times since 1492 AD. The three times since 1492 are as follows:
Tetrad of 1493-1494
Tetrad of 1949-1950
Tetrad of 1967-1968
Major events affecting the Jewish people have occurred in close proximity to all three of these tetrads.

Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2015
The Spanish Inquisition Took Place in 1492 Just Before the Tetrad of 1493-1494

In 1492, King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain gave the Jewish population a mere four months to convert to Catholicism or leave the country. It is estimated that between 165,000 and 400,000 Jews fled the country at this time. As many as 50,000 decided to stay, converting to Roman Catholicism.

The Spanish Inquisition sought to punish Jews who had converted to Christianity but were not really “sincere” in their conversions. Torture was used to elicit confessions from these “false converts”. After confessing, many of them were then burned at the stake.

The Inquisition was cruel beyond belief. First you tell people they have to convert or die. When they do convert, you place them under severe torture to test the sincerity of their conversions. Once they confess under duress, then you burn them at the stake because they are not true Catholics. These are the types of inhumane horrors that were inflicted upon thousands of Jews during the Spanish Inquisition.
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 11:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
[size=18pt]Was Christopher Columbus Jewish?[/size]

Many historians now believe that Christopher Columbus was secretly Jewish. They believe his voyage to the west in 1492 was his way of escaping the Spanish Inquisition of that year and therefore resulted in his discovery of America.

In Simon Weisenthal’s book, “Sails of Hope”, he argues that Columbus’ voyage was motivated by a desire to find a safe haven for the Jews in light of their expulsion from Spain.

The studies of Carol Delaney of Stanford University led her to believe that Columbus was a deeply religious man whose purpose was to sail to Asia to obtain gold in order to finance a crusade to take back Jerusalem and rebuild the Jews’ holy temple.

Columbus’ voyage was not, as is commonly believed, funded by the deep pockets of Queen Isabella, but rather by two Jews who converted to Catholicism to avoid death. Louis de Santangel and Gabriel Sanchez advanced an interest free loan of 17,000 ducats from their own pockets to help pay for the voyage. Another prominent Jew, Don Isaac Abrabanel, who was a rabbi and Jewish statesman, also donated towards the voyages of Christopher Columbus.

Is it any surprise that the United States has the largest Jewish population on earth, standing at 6.6 million? Israel presently has 6.1 million Jews living within her borders.

1 Like

Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 11:20pm On Sep 10, 2015
The Nation of Israel Reborn on May 14, 1948 Just Before the Tetrad of 1949-1950

After the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD, Jews were driven into exile. For the next 1,878 years, the Jewish people were sifted through the nations of the earth. Yet, they retained their identity.

After Hitler’s horrible holocaust during World War II, the Jews were finally granted a homeland by the nations of the world. On May 14, 1948, the modern state of Israel was born.
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by dunsman(f): 11:24pm On Sep 10, 2015
Haha world must not end by sepvt oo.. $1 never =#1 ..Quote me and die of numerical espilegus antaroxical
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 11:25pm On Sep 10, 2015
The City of Jerusalem was Reunited During Tetrad of 1967-1968

God said many times in the Old Testament that He would place His name in Jerusalem. During their 2,000 years of exile, the Jewish people turned their faces toward Jerusalem three times each day praying for the restoration of Jerusalem and the rebuilding of their temple. On June 7, 1967 the Jordanians launched an attack against Israel and west Jerusalem. Israel counter-attacked driving Jordan out of east Jerusalem, out of Judea-Samaria, and back into its own land across the Jordan River. Jerusalem was undivided and under Jewish control for the first time since the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in 70 AD.

[size=14pt]Three Tetrads on Feast Days = Major Jewish Events[/size]

The only three tetrads matching feast days in the last 500 years have all fallen remarkably close to major events in Jewish history as we have explained above.
Now, it’s about to happen for a fourth time!
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 11:27pm On Sep 10, 2015
[size=18pt]Should We Even Pay Attention to the Moon and the Stars?[/size]

As Christians, we should not practice or put our faith in astrology. However, God has at times used the heavens for sending signs to mankind.

In Genesis 1:14, God said, ”Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:” God specifically said, “Let them be for signs.”

We also know that the wise men were led to Jesus by a star. This is recorded in Matthew 2:1-2, “Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.”

Herod inquired of the chief priests and the scribes where Messiah was to be born according to the prophecies. He was told that Messiah was to be born in Bethlehem. Herod relayed the information to the Wise Men.

Matthew 2:9-10 says, “When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.”

http://www.endtime.com/four-blood-moons/
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 11:53pm On Sep 10, 2015
Lunar Eclipses: What Are They ?

Lunar eclipses occur when Earth's shadow blocks the sun’s light, which otherwise reflects off the moon. There are three types — total, partial and penumbral — with the most dramatic being a total lunar eclipse, in which Earth’s shadow completely covers the moon.

Throughout history, eclipses have inspired awe and even fear, especially when total lunar eclipses turned the moon blood-red, an effect that terrified people who had no understanding of what causes an eclipse and therefore blamed the events on this god or that.

When is the next lunar eclipse?

The last lunar eclipse was on April 4, 2015. [Related: Shortest 'Blood Moon' Lunar Eclipse of the Century Thrills Skywatchers]

Here is a schedule of upcoming lunar eclipses:

Sept. 28, 2015: Total eclipse. Visible from eastern Pacific Ocean, Americas, Europe, Africa, western Asia.
March 23, 2016: Penumbral eclipse. Visible from Asia, Australia, Pacific Ocean, western Americas.
Sept. 16, 2016: Penumbral eclipse. Visible from Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, western Pacific Ocean.

http://www.space.com/15689-lunar-eclipses.html

Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by Airforce1(m): 5:19am On Sep 11, 2015
Hhmm
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by Osisie(m): 5:59am On Sep 11, 2015
awesomet1:

I believe it's time to get right with God. We need to prepare ourselves for the return of JESUS! Lets preach God's salvation to our families and to those who care to listen around us.

God help us!

Bro, that's the issue I'm trying to deal with now. Everytime I intend to pray at a particular time, I just don't feel like it anymore suddenly. I wonder what's happening to me. It happened again last night. I intended 12am. I woke up then, but I just slept back.
Bro, I'm scared. I have failed GOD. HE'd be highly disappointed in me. I'm not supposed to still be in sin. He invested too much for me to get out of it. Pray for me! Please.

1 Like

Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by Osisie(m): 6:32am On Sep 11, 2015
awesomet1:
Lunar Eclipses: What Are They ?

When is the next lunar eclipse?

Here is a schedule of upcoming lunar eclipses:

Sept. 28, 2015: Total eclipse. Visible from eastern Pacific Ocean, Americas, Europe, Africa, western Asia.
March 23, 2016: Penumbral eclipse. Visible from Asia, Australia, Pacific Ocean, western Americas.
Sept. 16, 2016: Penumbral eclipse. Visible from Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, western Pacific Ocean.

http://www.space.com/15689-lunar-eclipses.html

Do theses other eclipse coincide with Jewish festivals? Another noteworthy factor is they are not total eclipse. I wonder what the world would be like in 2016. Seems we're at the edge of time.
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by Osisie(m): 6:37am On Sep 11, 2015
If America's economy crashes. What would that mean for the world. Would there be another world power? Isn't the US supposed to be that last?
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 7:36am On Sep 11, 2015
Osisie:

Bro, that's the issue I'm trying to deal with now. Everytime I intend to pray at a particular time, I just don't feel like it anymore suddenly. I wonder what's happening to me. It happened again last night. I intended 12am. I woke up then, but I just slept back.
Bro, I'm scared. I have failed GOD. HE'd be highly disappointed in me. I'm not supposed to still be in sin. He invested too much for me to get out of it. Pray for me! Please.

Psalm 37:23-25King James Version (KJV)

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Dear Bro, do not be downcast. God's grace and love is more than sufficient. Sincerely ask for forgiveness and trust that God is more than able to deliver.

Jesus came for us sinners NOT for the saints.

It's never too late for a turn around.

1 Like

Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by awesomet1(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2015
Osisie:
If America's economy crashes. What would that mean for the world. Would there be another world power? Isn't the US supposed to be that last?

I don't think we should worry too much about that. God always has a plan. But the truth is America has lost her glory.
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 24, 2015
A little spoke in the wheel and everyone is running scared.. another mass mind control technique for the gullible ones. grin
Re: September 28, 2015 - The Beginning Of The End Of The World - Lunar Eclipse by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 24, 2015
Quit these thoughtless predictions! Go out and win souls. People have been embarrassing themselves by making untrue prophecies since the past centuries, why have you decided to join that senseless train?

Do you read the Bible at all? Have you read what JESUS said about rapture? If you have, why carry on this folly? You are positioning your soul for eternal damnation.

This is the outcome of consistently dodging Bible study.

(1) (Reply)

Why I, As An Atheist, Spend My Time Debating Religion / First African Voodo Captured On Video- Real Odi Eshi! / Pentecoastal Leaders Condemns Sis Linda's Prophecy "Says Contradicts God's Word"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.