Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,795 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:29 PM

Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? (817 Views)

All My Files Have Been Encrypted By Online Hackers,what Is The Solution Please / I'm In Serious Trouble, All My Files Encrypted! / All My Files Open In Media Player Mode. Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 07, 2009
Please help me O, My system has been attacked by ahsan Virus Twice and I've formatted it twice too, The recent being yesterday, I notice the Virus is actuall on My flash drive, My problem now is I have my VEry important Documents and files on the Flash but I'm scared to use it on my system again for fear of my PC getting infected again, The Virus is so annoying, Every thing you open closes in 5 Seconds,

Please can anyone help me out??How Can I get the Documents out of the flash to my PC without getting the virus into it, I tried to use a cafe but somehow the computer got it too, What can I do?
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by segzicres(m): 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2009
look for somone that has this software "troy" with that software you'll be able to do that with no hassles.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by Mustay(m): 2:50pm On Apr 07, 2009
How come your system has no anti-virus?
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2009
That is the big question. . .
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by blackweaver(m): 10:58pm On Apr 07, 2009
use linux, windows programs don't work on it; you can download some livecd like puppylinux or damnsmalllinux (dsl)
both of which are under 100mb; the latest version of puppy linux is about (+/-)90mb but you can get older versions which
are a little over 50mb, dsl too is about 50mb download the iso and burn to disk as an image then boot from the cd; you can even
remove the cd after booting (with puppy by default, with dsl you have to specify some boot option)
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 07, 2009
blackweaver:

use linux, windows programs don't work on it; you can download some livecd like puppylinux or damnsmalllinux (dsl)
both of which are under 100mb; the latest version of puppy linux is about (+/-)90mb but you can get older versions which
are a little over 50mb, dsl too is about 50mb download the iso and burn to disk as an image then boot from the cd; you can even
remove the cd after booting (with puppy by default, with dsl you have to specify some boot option)

Thanks for the info but thats a little too complicated for me, I just want an easy way out, Thanks Tho,

Mustay:

How come your system has no anti-virus?

@Mustay,dhtml

I noticed the two times My PC was infected my Virus was not up to date so I guess thats the Problem, Are you saying if I have an antivirus that is up to date(I actually use AVG Free) and I insert the Flash,my system wont get that damn virus againPlease let me know, I just dont wanna risk it until am sure,

@ dhtml,

Please where can I get the Troy??
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by netotse(m): 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2009
blackweaver:

was going to recommend that but from the original post i figured it would be too much for the guy to handle!

@OP if u have winrar u can plug the flash in(make sure autorun is disabled and if that annoying pop up asking wot to do comes up click dont do anything) then open winrar and navigate to the flash u shld be able to see all foreign programs, delete them from inside winrar and erthing shld be ok

to be extra safe u can open winrar then after that end explorer from taskmanager
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 08, 2009
@ Netotse,

netotse:

was going to recommend that but from the original post i figured it would be too much for the guy to handle!

@OP if u have winrar u can plug the flash in(make sure autorun is disabled and if that annoying pop up asking wot to do comes up click dont do anything) then open winrar and navigate to the flash u shld be able to see all foreign programs, delete them from inside winrar and erthing shld be ok

to be extra safe u can open winrar then after that end explorer from taskmanager

Thanks for the info, That seem pretty easy to go by, Please how do I disable Auto Run?I tried to search it and it says I'll use "cmd" with the command /d but it didnt work.Or will I be able to see where to disable it when I insert the Flash,

Please advise before I proceed.And if I end Explorer how will I start it again, Will a system restart fix that?.Thanks.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by netotse(m): 3:00am On Apr 09, 2009
go to control panel and double click autoplay
u'll see use autoplay for all media devices, unchek that if u dont want to go thru the whole wahala of reading all the others to decide which one u shld uncheck(at least thats wot i did)

and to restart explorer
start task manager wiv ctrl+shift+esc(or any of the other ways u kno. . . thats jst the fasted)
fo to file>new type in explorer , pronto u're bak(a restart woulda solved it but this ways faster)

anything else?
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2009
THere is no AUtoplay in my Control panel.Any other way out?
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by netotse(m): 4:55am On Apr 12, 2009
isnt it vista u're using?
type autorun in help and support and read thru. . . u'll see a way to disable it somewhere
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 13, 2009
Sorry, i missed out the part that you were looking for troy, the link is: http://www.mwebng.net/download/search.php?url=troy.zip
but i described in an earlier thread. . .i am not sure where that thread is now. . .

k, found it:: The original thread where i discussed the troy app in detail is : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-240977.0.html

And,i assumed i also mentioned somewhere that it can help sort out that problem of showing open with, when you have removed a trojan
from your flash drive with all these them antiviruses.
Re: Please How Can I Get My Files Out Of A Flash That Has Virus In It? by Decryptor(m): 8:22pm On Apr 15, 2009
The most effective way to remove the virus is thru the use of command prompt (cmd). But u need to know the commands involved in removing unwanted files ur flash disk. Do u stay in Abuja? i could help.

(1) (Reply)

Mp3 / Cyber Cafe Money Transfer Agents Wanted / Best Internet Connection For Agbado-Oke Aro, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.