Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria (31551 Views)

Ainsley Maitland-Niles' Mother Is Homeless But He Lives In £700,000 Mansion / Marcus Rashford Embarrasses Ander Herrera In Training / Nwakali Honored As MVP By Netherlands Prince In Presence Of Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 11, 2015
okay
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by kevoh(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2015
France be denying Nigerians visa since time immemorial! Ordinary transit visa they refused us till we switched to Germany instead.
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by mekzyjoe(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2015
cool
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by CR77(f): 8:58am On Sep 11, 2015
grin
kodded:

dont worry, buhari mouth odour will change their decision

sai baba
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2015
Not too good!
Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2015
Not too good!

Need anything from JUMIA?
Contact me now!
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 11, 2015
ibkgab001:
NIGERIA is dominating everywhere
Keep telling yourself that till you actually believe it.
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Judeblade24(m): 9:00am On Sep 11, 2015
Na wa ooo....wetn we do again.....abi boko haram don visit deir embassy?
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by felajazz(m): 9:01am On Sep 11, 2015
Dem dey craze ni? No more EBOLA nah! N boko boys no go follow.
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Zi: 9:02am On Sep 11, 2015
Do we stand any remote chances of winning a medal? tongue

Anyway that's not a excuse. They should just issue the visas at least for the sake of international diplomacy
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by ndigbo: 9:03am On Sep 11, 2015
kodded:

dont worry, buhari mouth odour will change their decision

sai baba
cheesy cheesy
There are times, we need to be matured. the development is a slap on all of us as Nigerians, but instead you chose to joke with it. SMH

1 Like

Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by tbmas(m): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2015
Give us visa to ur country, we will rule you
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by ezugegere(m): 9:05am On Sep 11, 2015
Maigworo's body odour in action!
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Smooyis(m): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2015
Not by force to participate and not the end of life. Nothing to worry about. In international politics it is rub my back I scratch your back. No country is an island. Their time of need is coming.
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by princemillla(m): 9:08am On Sep 11, 2015
Well, this is a parable, Nigeria should do the needful. Must we continue like this... We ain't slave and shouldn't be treated as one.
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2015
I tot dey said Nigeria is regaining d lost integrity in d comity of nations??

2 Likes

Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by betty202020(m): 9:08am On Sep 11, 2015
Chukwu Abiama is still at work. first is delisting, now visa denial. my people, rejoice. chukwu okike at work
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by kodded(m): 9:11am On Sep 11, 2015
ndigbo:

There are times, we need to be matured. the development is a slap on all of us as Nigerians, but instead you chose to joke with it. SMH

if the news was the other way round

the sai buhari chanters will tell you that its because of buhari integrity

4 Likes

Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by simplynola(m): 9:11am On Sep 11, 2015
Once it involves French, be sure to get disappointed cuz they will always poison the minds of the Dutch. Wicked is their middle name
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by CHYMZZY(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2015
cool
i no see anything there...
If em' refuse us make we go sit down...
After all we too do..
After all we have so many HOMELESS people here in 9ja..
Make we do our own HOMELESS WORLD OR AFRICAN CUP in all these IDP CAMPS... Shikina
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by newheartub(m): 9:20am On Sep 11, 2015
Freemanan:

Ever heard of international relationship?
We can't just leave them!
If the can establish the relationship,beta 4 both
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Funjosh(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2015
Bad sad
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2015
ndigbo:

What do u expect bro, So many kids on NL , This is a big blow to Nigeria and Her People.

May God Help Us
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by informato: 9:34am On Sep 11, 2015
Freemanan:
The government of Netherlands has taken discrimination to another level after refusing to grant Team Nigeria entry into the country to participate in the Homeless World Cup tagged ‘Amsterdam 2015’ which kicks off this weekend.

Search and Groom; a non governmental organization in Nigeria, which partners the Homeless World Cup to prepare vulnerable Nigerians for the global football event, had applied to the Dutch government for visas to allow Nigeria’s contingent to take part in the event, only to be rebuffed by the European country.

The team of 8 players, coaches, and managers had to apply for their Dutch visa at the French embassy in Lagos, as there is no Dutch embassy there. After the French refused to issue the team visas, the Homeless World Cup organization asked the Dutch ministry responsible to issue the team visas on arrival instead. Although technically possible, the request was refused.

By this action Nigeria will be the only not participating out of the 49 countries invited for the championship, which hopes to inspire marginalized people to do great things.

President of the Homeless world Cup Mel Young is displeased with the Dutch government for their inaction which harms the Nigerian team.

“The decision is incomprehensible and simply the wrong thing to do. We are shocked and angered by this action by Dutch government officials, who are robbing homeless people of the opportunity to play for their country in an international tournament. Like all other teams, they had fundraised for the event and trained for months only to be told now that they are not welcome in the Netherlands,” he said.

“The Dutch government is sending out the wrong message. Here are people whose behavior is impeccable and they have done everything, which was asked them. Yet they are denied access to a sporting event for no apparent reason. They are all heroes and should be treated as such.” He added, “It also has implications for all international sporting events. Are African countries going to be denied access to all sporting events? This a dangerous precedent.”

Yomi Kuku, Director of the Nigerian project, said “it’s been months of hard work for everyone and just an effortless, shameful decision by France and by the Dutch government. What else can we do? We have all played our part. I will find the means to tell the heartbreaking news to our players and coaches.”

The Homeless World Cup offers homeless and marginalized people a hand-up to a better future. Since its first event in 2003, over 1 million players in 74 nations have used football to build self-esteem, improve their physical and mental well being, and ultimately change their lives. Over 70% of participants experience a significant life change – they come off drugs, alcohol, get jobs, homes, education; and training to become football players, coaches, and social entrepreneurs.

Cc lalasticlala
...GOD at work, the competition is for the marginalized, tell me why GoD will allow Nigeria to participate when she is parading the ......UN..MARGINALIZED ??
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 9:35am On Sep 11, 2015
orobs93:
Which one be homeless world cup?
you dey mind them
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by powerfulsettingz: 9:39am On Sep 11, 2015
danbrowndmf:
same course same degree.I never even pay my fee to collect my result ...lmao. Nigeria Hard o
My result is still also lying in my skul uncollected
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by fart: 9:42am On Sep 11, 2015
Nigerians are embarrassing in general. Dirty goats. I am only half Nigerian. I am have cast. I am half Cameroonian.
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by imiefa30: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2015
mayb dey re afraid dat we might win d cup.
Re: Homeless World Cup: Netherlands Embarrasses Nigeria by Rotji(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2015
We should complain to FIFA

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banned South African Female Athlete Semenya, Joins A Football Team / The Ultra Modern 17,000 Seater Eket Stadium Opens May 2019 / Afcon 2019: Tanzania Sack Emmanuel Amuneke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.