Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Star Formation - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Star Formation (11488 Views)

Meteor Showers And Shooting Stars: Formation, Facts And Discovery / Study Crashes Main Moon-formation Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Imagine if the earth had 2 moons like Mars, we would be getting solar eclipses more often and two moons in the sky smiley
bros never mind mars, saturn has 62 moons lmao.
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 12:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:

this is great. Around what time precisely will it be prominent the most?
06:42:35 UTC
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah it will be a breathtaking sight. . smiley Can't wait to see it
how are you preparing for it? What do you plan doing when it's finally here? grin
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
bros, we are stars. believe that. we are energy. a ball of energy is what is powering this flesh.
Uuuhm we all agree everything here is made from stars...

the question is, johnydon22 what constellation do you come from ? what is your zodiac sign undecided
Hey am not a fan of astrology undecided. . . Maybe Andromeda, would love to date a girl named Andromeda that's why..cheesy
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Uuuhm we all agree everything here is made from stars...
Hey am not a fan of astrology undecided. . . Maybe Andromeda, would love to date a girl named Andromeda that's why..cheesy
oh this is not astrology. this is astro-theology. oh yeah andromeda is a kyute name grin
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 12:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
06:42:35 UTC
abeg what's UTC?
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 12:57pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
bros never mind mars, saturn has 62 moons lmao.
Jupiter now counts 67

Such gravity feasting on a body as little as earth will literally tears us apart... So forget the greedy bastards Jupiter and Saturn grin

1 is just fine cheesy
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:

how are you preparing for it? What do you plan doing when it's finally here? grin
Take pictures of it of course, such natural phenomenons as eclipses fascinate me.. smiley
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 1:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Jupiter now counts 67

Such gravity feasting on a body as little as earth will literally tears us apart... So forget the greedy bastards Jupiter and Saturn grin

1 is just fine cheesy
hehehe. really ? jupiter has 67 ? i know only 4 ..callisto, europa , ganymede and io. there is more than 4 ?
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 1:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Take pictures of it of course, such natural phenomenons as eclipses fascinate me.. smiley
cool. Uhm, one could look at it directly, right?.
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 1:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
hehehe. really ? jupiter has 67 ? i know only 4 ..callisto, europa , ganymede and io. there is more than 4 ?
Jupiter is the leading champion when it comes to moons... Selfish bastard jupiter is angry

The four you mentioned are the largest of it's moons known as the Galilean moons. . Currently jupiter has 67 confirmed bodies in orbit around it and there is still much chance that more will be discovered soon
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Jupiter is the leading champion when it comes to moons... Selfish bastard jupiter is angry

The four you mentioned are the largest of it's moons known as the Galilean moons. . Currently jupiter has 67 confirmed bodies in orbit around it and there is still much chance that more will be discovered soon
well dayum. jupiter really is greedy lwkm grin
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:

cool. Uhm, one could look at it directly, right?.
Seriously? undecided

Bro it's the moon, why won't you look at it directly..

But for the solar eclipse, hehehehehe look that one alone, i no follow grin
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Seriously? undecided

Bro it's the moon, why won't you look at it directly..

But for the solar eclipse, hehehehehe look that one alone, i no follow grin
grin
yes i know no one dares to stare at the sun during the solar eclips.
But i've always wondered why?
I haven't got any satisfying explanation.
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 1:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
thanks for the mention... Its interesting,but ah wanna ask,whenever the sun exhausts its gases nd dies off.. Will there be anoda star to replace it?
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 1:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:

grin
yes i know no one dares to stare at the sun during the solar eclips.
But i've always wondered why?
I haven't got any satisfying explanation.
Forget sciency language and stuff.

Just know it will get your eyes really fvcked up and am sure you still love your eyes in HD

anyway you can look at it so we can learn it's effects. . grin
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Krystalzkris:
thanks for the mention... Its interesting,but ah wanna ask,whenever the sun exhausts its gases nd dies off.. Will there be anoda star to replace it?
Yeah it's likely.
i think the sun will form a white dwarf after its Red Giant stage though most of it's materials will shed off to form a planetary nebula like the Helix nebula (picture on the Op)
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:

this is great. Around what time precisely will it be prominent the most?
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/ejshs34foh90ldy8xtwr3hl4u5i95mag1332928[/img]
Re: Star Formation by freecocoa(f): 1:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Imagine if the earth had 2 moons like Mars, we would be getting solar eclipses more often and two moons in the sky smiley
You are now telling someone else to imagine something I asked you to, but you refused abi? Isi aki.tongue
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 1:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
freecocoa:
You are now telling someone else to imagine something I asked you to, but you refused abi? Isi aki.tongue
Calm down sweetheart, Don't you like 1 man 1wife? grin

Don't you know that more wives means more trouble wink

johnydon22:
Jupiter now counts 67

Such gravity feasting on a body as little as earth will literally tear us apart... So forget the greedy bastards Jupiter and Saturn grin
1 is just fine cheesy
Re: Star Formation by freecocoa(f): 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
[b][i]Calm down sweetheart, Don't you like 1 man 1wife? grin

Don't you know that more wives means more trouble wink

I already knew before saying it, I just wanted you to flow with me, there's nothing impossible in my mind's eye.cheesy
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
sukkot:
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/ejshs34foh90ldy8xtwr3hl4u5i95mag1332928[/img]
thnx, i wouldn't miss this for breakfast. smiley
i hope this won't have any effect when viewed directly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 3:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Forget sciency language and stuff.

Just know it will get your eyes really fvcked up and am sure you still love your eyes in HD

anyway you can look at it so we can learn it's effects. . grin
lol. So i should use my eyes for a test experiment abi. Issokai.

But what explanation can you give for the cause of the eye defect one gets for staring at the solar eclips?

I usually imagine it that, since the moon supposedly comes between the sun and the earth during this period, the effect of the sun on the earth should reduce (since the moon is inbetween.)
Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
Geofavor:

thnx, i wouldn't miss this for breakfast. smiley
i hope this won't have any effect when viewed directly.
hmmm try to wear shades lol. prevention is better than cure
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah it's likely.
i think the sun will form a white dwarf after its Red Giant stage though most of it's materials will shed off to form a planetary nebula like the Helix nebula (picture on the Op)
wish I can be alive till then.
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Krystalzkris:
wish I can be alive till then.
Impossicant!!! embarassed

Or wait Maybe you will get to see it from heaven cheesy
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 6:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
lalasticlala where art thou
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Impossicant!!! embarassed

Or wait Maybe you will get to see it from heaven cheesy
lolz... Wherever,buh id just love to see it
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2015
Krystalzkris:
lolz... Wherever,buh I'd just love to see it
Aaaaaaw Sowie hun... wink

Anyway man has observed a Red Giant named Betelgeus 430light years away.. Here is the image as captured by the Hubble deep space telescope

But wait undecided what are you implying? You mean you will like to see our own Sun turn into a red giant? shocked
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Aaaaaaw Sowie hun... wink

Anyway man has observed a Red Giant named Betelgeus 430light years away.. Here is the image as captured by the Hubble deep space telescope

But wait undecided what are you implying? You mean you will like to see our own Sun turn into a red giant? shocked
actually what i want to observe is the effect it will have on our planet earth and our solar system in general

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Months Intensive Power Inverter Training With Solar Support / Hack Any Wifi Password In A Minutes With A Pc (100% Working) / MTN Sim Swap / MTN Line Welcome Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.