Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Star Formation - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Star Formation (11475 Views)

Meteor Showers And Shooting Stars: Formation, Facts And Discovery / Study Crashes Main Moon-formation Theory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Star Formation by menesheh(m): 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Aaaaaaw Sowie hun... wink

Anyway man has observed a Red Giant named Betelgeus 430light years away.. Here is the image as captured by the Hubble deep space telescope

But wait undecided what are you implying? You mean you will like to see our own Sun turn into a red giant? shocked

Give nore highlight on the methods used to determining star formation since it takes billion of years for such to form. It is like evolution consuming huge amount of time to arrive at a more complex living form of which utilizes natural selection.
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Krystalzkris:
actually what i want to observe is the effect it will have on our planet earth and our solar system in general
If you were around when that happens, you won't be alive to observe it because you will literally be a roasted or fried meat.

But mercury and Venus will be history because the size of the sun will extend pass them and the earth will be closer to the sun more than Mercury is now. . So you see?
Earth will be like more or less a red hot fried waste land. not even the oceans will be around embarassed
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyCrsl1SCEW2XtrCIbQzsKQl0lUIMO8cZej-TvyCRbN-8wTU_S0xRmtJ9V[/img]
(Artist impression)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
If you were around when that happens, you won't be alive to observe it because you will literally be a roasted or fried meat.

But mercury and Venus will be history because the size of the sun will extend pass them and the earth will be closer to the sun more than Mercury is now. . So you see?
Earth will be like more or less a red hot fried waste land. not even the oceans will be around embarassed
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyCrsl1SCEW2XtrCIbQzsKQl0lUIMO8cZej-TvyCRbN-8wTU_S0xRmtJ9V[/img]
(Artist impression)
hmmmm.. Seems to me dat its d legitimate end of the world
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 8:40pm On Sep 11, 2015
menesheh:

Give nore highlight on the methods used to determining star formation since it takes billion of years for such to form. It is like evolution consuming huge amount of time to arrive at a more complex living form of which utilizes natural selection.

On a basic level from the observations of Star forming nebulas, Hydrogen and even very young stars. .

There is a lot more involved that is way pass my basic level
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2015
Krystalzkris:
hmmmm.. Seems to me dat its d legitimate end of the world
Stars die, planets get swashed by asteroids, other stars, galaxies collide into each other and other chaotic weird stuffs all over the universe.

New and sometimes more modified celestial entities emerge from this chaotic events. . The universe goes on..
Re: Star Formation by menesheh(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
On a basic level from the observations of Star forming nebulas, Hydrogen and even very young stars. .

Young star which still take millions/billions year to form. Am not quite doubting what experts are coming up with on the field. Need a layman methodological explanation.
Re: Star Formation by menesheh(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Stars die, planets get swashed by asteroids, other stars, galaxies collide into each other and other chaotic weird stuffs all over the universe.

New and sometimes more modified celestial entities emerge from this chaotic events. . The universe goes on..

That's what i said yesterday that the death of star/s spring up new one after undergoing some harsh chemistry.
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2015
menesheh:

Young star which still take millions/billions year to form. Am not quite doubting what experts are coming up with on the field. Need a layman methodological explanation.
Maybe this will help http://ned.ipac.caltech.edu/level5/Sept10/Krumholz/Krumholz2.html

The complex calculations and methods involved here is way beyond my basic level men, someone shouldn't run mad bro grin
Re: Star Formation by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Am impressed,should i say this is a course on it's own?@Johnydon22,Sukkot,Geofavor,krystalkriz(Don't know if i get the spelling correctly)you all have been a great lecturers coz i just learned some stuffs with your analysis,thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Star Formation by sukkot: 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:
Am impressed,should i say this is a course on it's own?@Johnydon22,Sukkot,Geofavor,krystalkriz(Don't know if i get the spelling correctly)you all have been a great lecturers coz i just learned some stuffs with your analysis,thanks.
the pleasure was all mine Chief. the pleasure was all mine. glad you got edified. knowledge is power wink wink

1 Like

Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:
Am impressed,should i say this is a course on it's own? you all have been a great lecturers coz i just learned some stuffs with your analysis,thanks.
you're welcome. I also came to add to the little i know.

Star formation is a case study under astromy and astrology. It's not a course on it's own.
The stars are studied along with other universal bodies and occurring phenomena.
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:

scary!!! Isn't it? To find out that one day earth will be no more and humans will be extinct
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 10:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
Krystalzkris:
scary!!! Isn't it? To find out that one day earth will be no more and humans will be extinct
Humans might actually be just 1 out of billions of life forms inhabiting this universe.
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Humans might actually be just 1 out of billions of life forms inhabiting this universe.
grin
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
Krystalzkris:
grin
Of course, there are two possibilities here.

it is either
(1) We are alone
or
(2) We are not.

No(1) is almost impossible and both are equally scary grin
Re: Star Formation by Blakjewelry(m): 11:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
freecocoa:
Nice one as usual Johnny.

Our sun is indeed very beautiful, it is more or less all colours mixed together which appears to us as white.

Dude you are just making me want to go to space but too bad I can't go near the sun.sad

1.5 to billion years from now I don't think the earth will be comfortable for man to live as the sun intensity would have increased dangerously. Though man will not be able survive here on earth, we might have develop enough knowledge to escape to other young world faraway.
Re: Star Formation by Blakjewelry(m): 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
menesheh:

Light from most of these stars are like time machine, some time what our telescope capture are event that happen to the stars millions to billion of years ago. That is same way we capture some of the event of the early universe
Re: Star Formation by Blakjewelry(m): 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
menesheh:

That's what i said yesterday that the death of star/s spring up new one after undergoing some harsh chemistry.
They both two different process, unfortunately am using opera mobile, I can't type much. I would have love to go deep
Re: Star Formation by Blakjewelry(m): 11:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Krystalzkris:
thanks for the mention... Its interesting,but ah wanna ask,whenever the sun exhausts its gases nd dies off.. Will there be anoda star to replace it?
It going to form a white dwarf which is a dead star anyway, but it is useless because at it dying stage the sun will expand to earth
Re: Star Formation by Blakjewelry(m): 11:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
johnydon22:
Impossicant!!! embarassed

Or wait Maybe you will get to see it from heaven cheesy
I think you have to put up a thread on how our lovely star the sun will die. About 1.5 to 2 billion years from now the sun temperature will be too much for life on Earth
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 4:28am On Sep 12, 2015
Blakjewelry:

It going to form a white dwarf which is a dead star anyway, but it is useless because at it dying stage the sun will expand to earth
notedgrin
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 4:30am On Sep 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Of course, there are two possibilities here.

it is either
(1) We are alone
or
(2) We are not.

No(1) is almost impossible and both are equally scary grin
whoa.. The world is fascinating.. Space is too... Wish i could space travel..
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 8:43am On Sep 12, 2015
Krystalzkris:
whoa.. The world is fascinating.. Space is too... Wish i could space travel..
You can, as a tourist. .

People now go to space for tourism but it is very expensive but just hang on for about 20years from now, you will not only be able to go to space as a tourist if you have the cash, you can even travel to Mars and back
Re: Star Formation by Nobody: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2015
Geofavor:

you're welcome. I also came to add to the little i know.

Star formation is a case study under astromy and astrology. It's not a course on it's own.
The stars are studied along with other universal bodies and occurring phenomena.
Ohhh,thanks boss,and the moniker "Geofavor"prompt me to ask the question:Are you a Geography student?
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 11:58am On Sep 12, 2015
Dreamcome2ru:

Ohhh,thanks boss,and the moniker "Geofavor"prompt me to ask the question:Are you a Geography student?
physical geography was my favorite in highschool.
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 3:20pm On Sep 12, 2015
johnydon22:
You can, as a tourist. .

People now go to space for tourism but it is very expensive but just hang on for about 20years from now, you will not only be able to go to space as a tourist if you have the cash, you can even travel to Mars and back
i will love this... It will be more fun if aliens visit us once.. Lolgrin
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
Krystalzkris:
i will love this... It will be more fun if aliens visit us once.. Lolgrin
Of course want to feel how almost zero gravity feels. . space will be so fun
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
johnydon22:
Of course want to feel how almost zero gravity feels. . space will be so fun
il visit neptune in my next holidays.... (I wish!) cheesy
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2015
Krystalzkris:
il visit neptune in my next holidays.... (I wish!) cheesy
You are on your own about going to Neptune grin grin Count me out cheesy cheesy
Re: Star Formation by Krystalzkris(f): 8:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
johnydon22:
You are on your own about going to Neptune grin grin Count me out cheesy cheesy
lol..cheesycheesy
Re: Star Formation by Geofavor(m): 10:07am On Sep 13, 2015
I was unable to wake up early. Did anybody see the solar eclips?
Re: Star Formation by johnydon22(m): 10:11am On Sep 13, 2015
Geofavor:
I was unable to wake up early. Did anybody see the solar eclips?
Nope i didn't see anything ooo cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Airtel Data Plan Gets You N100 For 2gb And N500 For 10gb / 2 Months Intensive Power Inverter Training With Solar Support / Hack Any Wifi Password In A Minutes With A Pc (100% Working)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.