Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote (33554 Views)

Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World / Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Greycious(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok....learning
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Alexebo(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2015
mods tank you 4 d ban.....lesson learnt
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Manlado: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2015
If you want to be great, do you cast stones at the great?
Many young Nigerians needs to see clearly

1 Like

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by truvine(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by truvine(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2015
#500,000 of 1977 , how much does it worth now 2015.
Capital is a challenge to up coming entrepreneur
God Bless Dangote
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Classickid(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2015
My Role Model.
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by ultraGM: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2015
The Topic Should be

10 Investment Tips To Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Classickid(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2015
My Role Model.
datribune:
"Beggar-Thy-Countrymen" Dangote is not being truthful. We all know how he made his money.
Stop hating, go make yours.
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Bollinger(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2015
shegs4danny:
Uhmmmmm...half of is wealth is frm d goverment may God help us

And that is the only tip he needs to give us: Always be close to government.
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by JaYbeS(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2015
He took risk of taking a load... That was a big step
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by dckng16(m): 9:29am On Sep 11, 2015
truvine:
God Bless Dangote
That's roughly about N500,000,000 now compare to then

2 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by datribune: 9:29am On Sep 11, 2015
Classickid:
My Role Model.
Stop hating, go make yours.

I'm not hating & I'm making my money in a conscientious way. U ar so gullible & ignorant & that's why u think I'm a hater. What is difficult about manipulating d stock market & making hapless Nigerians suffer by buying govt companies like NASCON at giv away prices in d name of privatization, list d share price at 56 kobo, manipulate d stock mkt & drive d price to 25 naira then divest & sell to gullible nigerians at 22 naira & then d share price tumbles to below 5 naira in d hands of hapless fellow citizens. dis govt sponsor & crooked cabal guy is no smart businessman. Go educate urself about Otedola & Dangote & d AP shares b4 u ignorantly label someone a hater.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by cristweeezy(m): 9:30am On Sep 11, 2015
JAZES:
Alhaji Aliko Dangote is the most successful businessman in Africa with a net worth of several billions of United States Dollars.

His business is heavily present in Nigeria, Africa and other countries in the world. He left the whole world stunned when he increased his personal net worth by a million in less than 24 hours in February 2015 and according to Forbes, he is the 53rd richest man in the world.

In spite of all the giant strides attained by Aliko Dangote, here are some of his financial secrets that are worth emulating by individuals and business organizations:

1. He once worked for someone

Dangote worked for his uncle, Sani Dangote. He served his master diligently. He acted in accordance to the statement which says if you must lead, you must serve. It was while working for his uncle that he gathered experience, skills and confidence.

2. He took a loan to start his business
Aliko Dangote started his business with the NGN 500,000 loan he took from his uncle/master. He approached his uncle in 1977 and told him about his plan to establish a business outfit and his uncle gave him the loan to start the business. However, he was given a three-month-deadline and he repaid the loan in three months.

3. He kicked off his business by trading in commodities

Sugar, rice, pasta, salt, cotton, millet, cocoa, textile and vegetable oil were the commodities he started his business with. He was importing these commodities into Nigeria.

4. He developed a strong distribution network
Since production is not complete until the goods reach the final consumer, Dangote developed a strong distribution channel that made his goods deliver faster than his competitors.

5. He leaped from importation to manufacturing
After some years in his importation business, Aliko Dangote transformed into a producer of products he was importing. In one of his statements, he revealed that changing from an importer to a manufacturer has so far been his best move. The move produced Dangote Group, an organization that controls over 13 companies.

6. He built a brand
Dangote built a vibrant brand for his business. He corroborated this during an interview by saying “to succeed in business, you must build a brand and never destroy it. One competitive advantage I had when I ventured into manufacturing was my brand (Dangote), which I diligently built in the course of my trading.”

7. He sells cheap quality products
In his mission to gain the loyalty of his customers, Dangote started selling his competitive products at cheaper rates compared to his competitors’ rates.

8. He had a big break

Dangote’s networking skills and ability to make unprecedented connections made him record the major breakthrough he needed for the prosperity of his business. His break through emerged when he acquired the license to import cement.

9. He works pretty hard
As an astute businessman, Alhaji Aliko Dangote spends most of his time strategizing and brainstorming on how to grow his business. Reports have it that he sleeps by 2:00 am and wakes up by 5:00 am everyday. Can you beat that?

10. He obeys the laws of the land
Unlike other cunning businessmen, Dangote is an upright man as far as abiding by the rules and regulations governing the ethics of business are concerned. He keeps his credit records as well as his tax records tidy and he preaches that business should be done as stipulated by the regulatory bodies.

http://onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/09/10/10-money-tips-you-should-learn-from-the-richest-man-in-africa-aliko-dangote/

CC: lalasticlala,ishilove
(11) he neva came from a poor family
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by MrMann1(m): 9:35am On Sep 11, 2015
I thought OP said "Money tips"....
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by truvine(m): 9:36am On Sep 11, 2015
dckng16:
That's roughly about N500,000,000 now compare to then
which family member will freely give you that now
am still wondering and serching
the guy is just lucky, and i mean lucky
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by sparkwil(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2015
Nice write up

But having to sleep three hours a day is something I find hard to believe

1 Like

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by 989900: 9:44am On Sep 11, 2015
truvine:
God Bless Dangote

$2.3m roughly N550m.

1 Like

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by 989900: 9:45am On Sep 11, 2015
sparkwil:
Nice write up

But having to sleep three hours a day is something I find hard to believe

Probably not all days; otherwise, recipe for ill health -- you need 5 hours minimum
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by 989900: 9:46am On Sep 11, 2015
12. He ran a gov't assisted monopoly.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Guruboi(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2015
There's something behind is wealth. But i didnt say he didnt work hard for it oo. If you think am lying ask him. #nohate
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by pablo107: 9:56am On Sep 11, 2015
leke12:
Hmm! the truth of the matter is dat he was so fortunate to have an uncle to give him a loan of 500k as @ 1977 equivalent or more than 500k US dollars. Mehn! Who won't be rich from dat loan without collateral, how many uncles or banks or even government can grant a youth upto 2million naira loan even with ur small biz without collateral?? And an adjustment to d post, don't serve any family member u knw it won't be beneficial @ d lng run, pipu sabi use sm1 die and later disappoint when u need them. Its hard to make it in life if u don't have a sure helper(bi a leni gidi leyin bi ole lari oo)

U just spoke my mind
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by nomoless: 9:59am On Sep 11, 2015
Important lesson look for a competetive business and monopolize it

1 Like

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Koolking(m): 10:03am On Sep 11, 2015
Are you kidding me? Learning money tips from Dangote, a business mogul who savour unpatriotic favour of Nigerian govt at the expense of the masses? This will be the greatest disservice to yourself. If I had the same opportunity as Dangote, I bet I would surpass him.
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by choix007(m): 10:07am On Sep 11, 2015
truvine:
God Bless Dangote

Simple....$500,000 x N221
Do that math and scratch ur head
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by kevoh(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2015
Simply put, Dangote is first a lucky and then hardworking businessman.

1. $1 was about 65kobo in 1977. Average people were still earning N200 and N300 as monthly salary then. Imagine if they were to seek a loan, how much will they muster? 10000, 30000?

2. Despite the devalued Naira in 2015 compared to 1977, it's still not easy to get a loan of 500k, with or without collateral, from Banks or private individuals.

Despite the above, I would not take it from Dangote, he is still a good business man. Everything seems to fall in favour of his business; who would not want such favours? grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by princejenks(m): 10:22am On Sep 11, 2015
Yea but i still think he is still playing below his potentials,more or less like a local champ. I think he should divest from commodity selling and concentrate on one area which is mining that he seems serious in expanding these past few years. All dollar billionaires in the world are known for one key business area,check them all out to ascertain this fact.
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Toks2008(m): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2015
JAZES:
Alhaji Aliko Dangote is the most successful businessman in Africa with a net worth of several billions of United States Dollars.

His business is heavily present in Nigeria, Africa and other countries in the world. He left the whole world stunned when he increased his personal net worth by a million in less than 24 hours in February 2015 and according to Forbes, he is the 53rd richest man in the world.

In spite of all the giant strides attained by Aliko Dangote, here are some of his financial secrets that are worth emulating by individuals and business organizations:

1. He once worked for someone

Dangote worked for his uncle, Sani Dangote. He served his master diligently. He acted in accordance to the statement which says if you must lead, you must serve. It was while working for his uncle that he gathered experience, skills and confidence.

2. He took a loan to start his business
Aliko Dangote started his business with the NGN 500,000 loan he took from his uncle/master. He approached his uncle in 1977 and told him about his plan to establish a business outfit and his uncle gave him the loan to start the business. However, he was given a three-month-deadline and he repaid the loan in three months.

3. He kicked off his business by trading in commodities

Sugar, rice, pasta, salt, cotton, millet, cocoa, textile and vegetable oil were the commodities he started his business with. He was importing these commodities into Nigeria.

4. He developed a strong distribution network
Since production is not complete until the goods reach the final consumer, Dangote developed a strong distribution channel that made his goods deliver faster than his competitors.

5. He leaped from importation to manufacturing
After some years in his importation business, Aliko Dangote transformed into a producer of products he was importing. In one of his statements, he revealed that changing from an importer to a manufacturer has so far been his best move. The move produced Dangote Group, an organization that controls over 13 companies.

6. He built a brand
Dangote built a vibrant brand for his business. He corroborated this during an interview by saying “to succeed in business, you must build a brand and never destroy it. One competitive advantage I had when I ventured into manufacturing was my brand (Dangote), which I diligently built in the course of my trading.”

7. He sells cheap quality products
In his mission to gain the loyalty of his customers, Dangote started selling his competitive products at cheaper rates compared to his competitors’ rates.

8. He had a big break

Dangote’s networking skills and ability to make unprecedented connections made him record the major breakthrough he needed for the prosperity of his business. His break through emerged when he acquired the license to import cement.

9. He works pretty hard
As an astute businessman, Alhaji Aliko Dangote spends most of his time strategizing and brainstorming on how to grow his business. Reports have it that he sleeps by 2:00 am and wakes up by 5:00 am everyday. Can you beat that?

10. He obeys the laws of the land
Unlike other cunning businessmen, Dangote is an upright man as far as abiding by the rules and regulations governing the ethics of business are concerned. He keeps his credit records as well as his tax records tidy and he preaches that business should be done as stipulated by the regulatory bodies.

http://onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/09/10/10-money-tips-you-should-learn-from-the-richest-man-in-africa-aliko-dangote/

CC: lalasticlala,ishilove

That number 2 na big lie

Read this...

HOW HE STARTED
When he left for Lagos as a 20-year-old in 1977, Nigeria was enjoying stupendous oil profits and the military government of the day decided to ruin some of it on FESTAC’77. There was massive construction going on in various parts of the country and it was at that moment Dangote went to his beloved grandfather to ask for a loan so he could import cement which will be used for some of the FESTAC buildings. He narrates: ‘For me, I started small as a trader in cement. Then I left cement around 1978. Because there was this armada and cement was difficult to get at that time. I had my own money which my grandfather gave me free, but then he gave me also an additional loan of N500,000 (about $3,000) which was big money in those days. At that time (1978), you could purchase ten Mercedes Benz cars with that amount as each was sold for N5,000 while a Volkswagen Beetle went for N900 to N1,000. The money was quite a substantial amount then. The loan was supposed to be paid back whenever I was okay-maybe after three or four years. But I paid the loan back within six months.’

http://.com/aliko-mohammed-dangote-worlds-richest-black/
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by omodayomi(f): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2015
Good one 500,000.00 as at 1977 is equivalent to 12million Naira now. if someone could borrow me such amount now(10million Naira) I could become another dangote in 10years to this time.I promise to pay back in 1year. [color=#006600][/color] my contact is 08068867130

1 Like

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by lampardizik(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2015
Seeing people saying 'if I had the opportunity had...' And the likes,but I say to you Dangote created his opportunity!

Until you can do that,you are going nowhere!!!
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by ewizard1: 10:41am On Sep 11, 2015
Who'll give me a loan of N500,000 ? wink

1977 is not 2015 ooo!
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by IRIENBOY(m): 11:24am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok thanks
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by dancoolD(m): 11:42am On Sep 11, 2015
This man is so wonderful to his generation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Teaching His Son How To Use Money Spraying Gun (video) / CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges / Lagos Ranked As First Africa's Best Start Up City (Top 10 Cities)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.