Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote (33557 Views)

Jeff Bezos Overtakes Bill Gates To Become World's Richest Man / Amancio Ortega Overtakes Bill Gates As The Richest Man In The World / Meet Aliko Dangote's Daughter, Halima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by JAZES(m): 7:49am On Sep 11, 2015
Alhaji Aliko Dangote is the most successful businessman in Africa with a net worth of several billions of United States Dollars.

His business is heavily present in Nigeria, Africa and other countries in the world. He left the whole world stunned when he increased his personal net worth by a million in less than 24 hours in February 2015 and according to Forbes, he is the 53rd richest man in the world.

In spite of all the giant strides attained by Aliko Dangote, here are some of his financial secrets that are worth emulating by individuals and business organizations:

1. He once worked for someone

Dangote worked for his uncle, Sani Dangote. He served his master diligently. He acted in accordance to the statement which says if you must lead, you must serve. It was while working for his uncle that he gathered experience, skills and confidence.

2. He took a loan to start his business
Aliko Dangote started his business with the NGN 500,000 loan he took from his uncle/master. He approached his uncle in 1977 and told him about his plan to establish a business outfit and his uncle gave him the loan to start the business. However, he was given a three-month-deadline and he repaid the loan in three months.

3. He kicked off his business by trading in commodities

Sugar, rice, pasta, salt, cotton, millet, cocoa, textile and vegetable oil were the commodities he started his business with. He was importing these commodities into Nigeria.

4. He developed a strong distribution network
Since production is not complete until the goods reach the final consumer, Dangote developed a strong distribution channel that made his goods deliver faster than his competitors.

5. He leaped from importation to manufacturing
After some years in his importation business, Aliko Dangote transformed into a producer of products he was importing. In one of his statements, he revealed that changing from an importer to a manufacturer has so far been his best move. The move produced Dangote Group, an organization that controls over 13 companies.

6. He built a brand
Dangote built a vibrant brand for his business. He corroborated this during an interview by saying “to succeed in business, you must build a brand and never destroy it. One competitive advantage I had when I ventured into manufacturing was my brand (Dangote), which I diligently built in the course of my trading.”

7. He sells cheap quality products
In his mission to gain the loyalty of his customers, Dangote started selling his competitive products at cheaper rates compared to his competitors’ rates.

8. He had a big break

Dangote’s networking skills and ability to make unprecedented connections made him record the major breakthrough he needed for the prosperity of his business. His break through emerged when he acquired the license to import cement.

9. He works pretty hard
As an astute businessman, Alhaji Aliko Dangote spends most of his time strategizing and brainstorming on how to grow his business. Reports have it that he sleeps by 2:00 am and wakes up by 5:00 am everyday. Can you beat that?

10. He obeys the laws of the land
Unlike other cunning businessmen, Dangote is an upright man as far as abiding by the rules and regulations governing the ethics of business are concerned. He keeps his credit records as well as his tax records tidy and he preaches that business should be done as stipulated by the regulatory bodies.

http://onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/09/10/10-money-tips-you-should-learn-from-the-richest-man-in-africa-aliko-dangote/

CC: lalasticlala,ishilove

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by therealdeal10: 7:54am On Sep 11, 2015
Dangote products were cheap b4 not now

2 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by shegs4danny(m): 8:06am On Sep 11, 2015
Uhmmmmm...half of is wealth is frm d goverment may God help us

12 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by xpac01(m): 8:11am On Sep 11, 2015
shegs4danny:
Uhmmmmm...half of is wealth is frm d goverment may God help us
He also started by giving half of his wealth to government..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by kossyablaze(m): 8:14am On Sep 11, 2015
Cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by JAZES(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2015
xpac01:

He also started by giving half of his wealth to government..

Gbam

3 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Elzends(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2015
11. Get help from obj
...but make no mistake, dangote has done sooo well for himself

16 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Feranmicharles(m): 9:04am On Sep 11, 2015
*drops phone*
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by proff467: 9:06am On Sep 11, 2015
Owk.......all is well sha
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by kennyman2000(m): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2015
Dangote my man!
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by maxiuc(m): 9:06am On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmm watching
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by afreekah: 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
wow. . . am coming
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by lekjons(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
11. he has connection!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by okooloyun1(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by ibkgab001: 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
Soon I will be dining and wining with this great Man of Honor

2 Likes

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Kingkamal(m): 9:07am On Sep 11, 2015
Dangote is not helping kano people which bad

1 Like

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by landinfo: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2015
Yes, but in all of this, I know that u know that u are missing the most important attribute fa
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Nimen(m): 9:08am On Sep 11, 2015
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Badgers14: 9:08am On Sep 11, 2015
One thing i like about Dangote is his simplicity and he doesn't flaunt his wealth
But as for building his brand he sure did get help from govt (Obj) remember he withdrew ibetos cement license when he was fiercely competiting with Dangote.. Also FG banned sugar importation because Dangote have sugar refinery

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by xynerise: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
Journey in progress....
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Uchizzy(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
is thatr allr?
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by datribune: 9:09am On Sep 11, 2015
"Beggar-Thy-Countrymen" Dangote is not being truthful. We all know how he made his money. Like Manipulating d stock market - buy govt companies like NASCON at giv away prices in d name of privatization, list d share price at 56 kobo, manipulate d stock mkt & drive d price to 25 naira then divest & sell to gullible nigerians at 22 naira & then d share price tumbles to below 5 naira in d hands of hapless fellow citizens. dis govt sponsor & crooked cabal guy is no businessman.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by leke12(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2015
Hmm! the truth of the matter is dat he was so fortunate to have an uncle to give him a loan of 500k as @ 1977 equivalent or more than 500k US dollars. Mehn! Who won't be rich from dat loan without collateral, how many uncles or banks or even government can grant a youth upto 2million naira loan even with ur small biz without collateral?? And an adjustment to d post, don't serve any family member u knw it won't be beneficial @ d lng run, pipu sabi use sm1 die and later disappoint when u need them. Its hard to make it in life if u don't have a sure helper(bi a leni gidi leyin bi ole lari oo)

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 11, 2015
numisedo:
trully inspiring but cant really take risk
Please kindly vote for me here https://mobile.twitter.com/runzlord/status/639602054546255872?p=v
The link to the voting page is in that status, cos I can't post the link directly on Nairaland.

It a a palm selfie contest by samsung.
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by SylarsMcQuins: 9:13am On Sep 11, 2015
If I had such opportunity I wud also do well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by steve002(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2015
Thank God for him. I will get there.
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by 14teenK: 9:13am On Sep 11, 2015
I will get there soon.........so help me God
Re: 10 Money Tips You Should Learn From The Richest Man In Africa, Aliko Dangote by rheether(f): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2015
Dangote was lucky..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Teaching His Son How To Use Money Spraying Gun (video) / Erisco Foods Shuts Down Nigeria’s Factory, Relocates To China / CBN To Withdraw POS Operators License Over High Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.