Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs (1959 Views)

UK Universities With The Highest First Cass Degrees / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC / Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
Generally speaking, most courses in Nigeria universities are difficult to understand coupled with the huge and repeated hand outs from first level to finals but a standing ovation should be given to some whose handouts are nightmare to read or comprehend.

As a result of this discombobulation state, some students has been registered as lunatic at yaba left hospital while others, their sense of humour has been completely ruined.

So quickly, let's discuss these courses that offer barbaric hand outs to Nigerian students.

1. Natural Sciences

Courses like biochemistry, zoology, biology and microbiology fall under this category. Students often complain about the ridiculous handouts lecturers give that can bore life out of their skull. Imagine cramming the likes of kreb and photo synthesis cycles, long botanical names, etc through out an entire study can be boredom and frustrating.

2. Agriculture

This aspect of science is synonymous to repeated and voluminous hand outs most especially crop science. I pity students under this category in which their hand outs can be as huge as national library.

3. Social Sciences

Most people view students who study social science as liberal minded and sociable but the case is different during exam period as they read crazily and atimes look un kept like pigs.

4. Vertinary Medicine

I feel this course is more difficult than human medicine because animals can't disclose their health status unlike humans. The bone of contention here is the course module is so wide to the extent that students under this category barely have time for social activities. Repeated course outlines are very common in vertinary medicine.

5. Education management

This course is mainly for those who want to end up as teachers. The hand outs of this course is enough for someone to call academics quit because it's like the children of Israel in the bible who hovered at a place for 40 years. The repetition of subjects in this course is terrible.

6. Food Science and Technology

People think students who study this course are only taught on how to cook, which is not (That is a discussion for another day). I have seen situation where FST students reign curse on their lecturers because of the redundant handouts been given to them.

7. Computer Science

Owing to the repeated course outlines on programming, networking and database admin, computer science students behave like robots or rather terminator. Mere seeing them on campus is obvious as their female students walk like soldier.

8. Law

It's a pity when I see law students voicing their regret on choosing this career path as most companies treat them with disdain. Is it the voluminous handouts we want to discuss about or repeated topics we want to emphasise on? SMH.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2015
cool
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by hero10(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Voluminous handouts that doesn't even guarantee success.
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by bqlekan(m): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
Mi wicked wicked wristbangle... FTC ON YOUR OWN THREAD.. WHERE TOSYNE DEY? grin
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by redgem(f): 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2015
Wristbangle you are wicked only you op and ftc...... Nice one though

We still don't want to learn... Having lots of handouts won't guarantee success.... We lack the practical aspects and that's the most important...

I thought I saw tosyne2much..... Tosyne2much!!
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
redgem:

We still don't want to learn... Having lots of handouts won't guarantee success.... We lack the practical aspects and that's the most important...

I thought I saw tosyne2much..... Tosyne2much!!

Lol. Yes but he disappeared.

Hahaha. What do u expect when the comment ain't coming. Education section though!

Honestly no practical experience.
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by Omotayor123(f): 7:15pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmm... Science, science And Science.
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by tosyne2much(m): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2015
redgem:

I thought I saw tosyne2.much..... Tosyne2.much!!
What's up dear ?
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by tosyne2much(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2015
bqlekan:
Bros I hail oooo cool
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by tosyne2much(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
Brilliant write-up OP
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
tosyne2much:
Brilliant write-up OP

Bro, are u back? Is your line going now?
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by kinglekan: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2015

Wristbangle na wah for u ooo, na 8 courses u talk, u con dey include faculties. undecided undecided

Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by tosyne2much(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
wristbangle:

Bro, are u back? Is your line going now?
Not back bro.. Using a friend's fone

Will retrieve my line as soon as I get to Lag
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by Emilord(m): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2015
Mehnnn,na Law kill am ooo. What we as students study is just too much,sometimes people dey faint for exam halls during exams because of repeated and sleepless night of study trying to cover every area. Infact,its a fact that no lawyer knows all the law. No wonder king George the 2nd said that lawyers don't know all the law,but they know where to find the law.

1 Like

Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by Omotayor123(f): 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
tosyne2much:
Brilliant write-up OP
Sweerie Mii...
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
bqlekan:

Dem be kidnapp am but he is back cheesy
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
tosyne2much:
Not back bro.. Using a friend's fone

Will retrieve my line as soon as I get to Lag

Can I call u on that line?
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by Omotayor123(f): 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
wristbangle:
cool
Badt boy
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Emilord:
Mehnnn,na Law kill am ooo. What we as students study is just too much,sometimes people dey faint for exam halls during exams because of repeated and sleepless night of study trying to cover every area. Infact,its a fact that no lawyer knows all the law. No wonder king George the 2nd said that lawyers don't know all the law,but they know where to find the law.

Lol. He is right. But mehn how do u guys survive your course lullaby?
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
Omotayor123:

Badt boy

tongue when una no quickly comment nko?

What do u have to say as regards this topic?
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by tosyne2much(m): 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2015
wristbangle:

Should I call u on that line?
Yeah, around 9pm
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
hero10:
Voluminous handouts that doesn't even guarantee success.

Am telling u bro.
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by tosyne2much(m): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
wristbangle:

Should I call u on that line?
Yeah, around 9pm
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
tosyne2much:
Yeah, around 9pm

OK bro
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by Omotayor123(f): 7:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
wristbangle:

tongue when una no quickly comment nko?
What do u have to say as regards this topic?
grin seems true! All na science thing. Are you a science student
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by wristbangle: 7:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
Omotayor123:

grin seems true! All na science thing. Are you a science student

Lol. Yes. And u?
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by Omotayor123(f): 7:38pm On Sep 11, 2015
wristbangle:

Lol. Yes. And u?
Nay...
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by bqlekan(m): 7:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
tosyne2much:
Bros I hail oooo cool
tosyne baba mi, I doff my cap oo.. how you dey now?
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by teejaypee: 7:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
Number 4 is my course cool
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by bqlekan(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
wristbangle:

Dem be kidnapp am but he is back cheesy
hahaha.. why you no tell me since, I got enter sambisa for tosyne nah
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by jamcyd(f): 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
Emilord:
My lecturers in ABU wil say God forbid for a lawyer to know everything......... It sucks but it worth it
Re: 8 Courses In Nigeria Universities With Voluminous And Redundant Hand Outs by Emilord(m): 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2015
jamcyd:
My lecturers in ABU wil say God forbid for a lawyer to know everything......... It sucks but it worth it
my dear,even here in Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma,there are courses you won't even dare get A's just because of d lecturers that take them. But like you said,its worth it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Things Hidden In Popular Logos / The Best Tutorial Center In Lagos / ASUU Strike: Matters Arising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.