Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto (31706 Views)

14-Year-Old Orphan Thrown Out By Her Aunt Over Witchcraft Allegation. Photos / Girl & Her Aunt Tortured By Elders In Akwa Ibom Over Witchcraft Accusation (Pic) / Little Child Tortured For Days Over Witchcraft Accusation (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by jimmyvic(m): 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2015
Holy Ghost koboko in Use.....Pls dnt 4get 2 use dat broom used in turning okro soup...it removes demons faster
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by buchilino(m): 10:07pm On Sep 11, 2015
of course its OK 2 flog a witch but not a wizard
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Rawzy(m): 10:10pm On Sep 11, 2015
[quote =What a long name) District Head, Alhaji Nasiru Malami Ahmed, in response to a complaint lodged against her by a daughter-in-law.

It was said that victim’s daughter-in-law had lodged a complaint before the traditional ruler last year, alleging her mother-in-law of aiding her son (name withheld) through diabolical means to maltreat her.

The residents revealed that the palace authorities summarily tried the accused and found her guilty of the allegation leveled against her.

The aged woman denied the allegation to journalists who were there to investigate the incident. She also confirmed that twelve strokes were administered on her by the palace guards on the order of the District Head.

Confirming the incident, the aggrieved residents at a press conference said that the woman was not the first victim to suffer such an unjust treatment by palace authorities.

They added that many residents have been invited to the palace and summarily tried for one offence or the other.

“Our people are under siege by the gross and jungle justice of the palace authorities but nobody was ready to speak out before now.

“We are just courageous enough to invite you people (journalists) to Isa town and see things for yourselves. We have decided to tell the whole world what we are passing through at Isa district. To let the whole world khow we are being subjected to a jungle justice system by the palace authorities”, the locals complained.

A resident of the town, Alhaji Sani Dallatu, also accused the younger brother of the District Head, Alhaji Aliyu Sarkin-Yamma, for “sponsoring an attack on him”.

This, he alleged, led to the destruction of his vehicle and the damage of some windows of his house.

Another victim, Alhaji Umar Kwambe, an Education Officer of Bargaja area in Isa Local Government Education Authority, said he lost N1 million to hoodlums allegedly “sponsored” to attack him by the District Head.

The stolen money, according to the victim, was meant for the payment of the August 2015 salaries of 53 primary school teachers whose salaries ranged from N10,000 to N60,000.

They called on the state governor, Rt. Hon Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, and His Eminence, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, to come to their aid, as a matter of urgeny.

When contacted, the District Head, Alhaji Nasiru Malami Ahmed, could not be reached for comment, as palace guards confirmed that he was away for other engagements.

However, reacting on behalf of the District Head, Alhaji Aliyu Sarkin-Yamma, who is his younger brother and Village Head of Tsabre area, described the the allegations as “unfounded”.

The Village Head explained that all disputes lodged at the palace are handled in accordance with the dictates of Shari’ah Law.

He said both himself and his brother are running the affairs of the people with the absolute fear of God, saying, “we are only dispensing justice in accordance with Shari’ah Law and we are not afraid of any probe in this direction.”

The Divisional Police Officer in the area, Mr Ilyasu Tanko, a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), confirmed the receipt of the complaints of attacks from Kwambe and Dallatu, adding that the police is appropriately investigating the matter.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/65-year-old-woman-gets-twelve-strokes-over-witchcraft-allegation-in-sokoto/
[/quote]
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Rawzy(m): 10:24pm On Sep 11, 2015
Human being treating fellow like animal What a culture
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by babaarewa(m): 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
That services her right. You may not understand.
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
Primitive country indeed! Shame on all of you for refusing to move forward.
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Chuckd123(m): 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
nikkiking:
I suggest the palace be set on fire for inflicting injury to an elderly woman, people do believe nonsense story angry

Where's the evidence she's a witchcraft .
Are you really serious about your question? "where's the evidence she's a ""witchcraft""? Like seriously?
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Chuckd123(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2015
babaarewa:
That services her right. You may not understand.
Services her right? What's wrong with spellings today?
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2015
This is madness!!! That society needs a big change for the better! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by obiak4(m): 6:55am On Sep 12, 2015
DoTheNeedfoul:
I dont know if to say it is a shame that we still do things like this in Africa in this 21st century angry. However,flipping through the pages of history,one will discover that similar things and worse was done in Europe till some over 2 centuries ago.
One can safely say that this is just a phase in our development/civilization in Africa embarassed. We are many years behind the 21st century civilization.
but the last time i checked this witches and wizards failed GEJ during the election so what the fuzz about them
yea in THEN WITCHES WERE PLACED ON STAKES AND BURNT OR BRANDED AND SENT OUT OF THE COMMUNITY
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Me2You225(f): 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
U have not seen anything yet ,4 my maternal home side once u get old people start calling u a witch ,especially if your children are not very rich. there was this woman I know while growing I used to go to her house wenever I come to visit my grand ma ; to my greatest surprise I came back one day , and one of the girls was busy telling me that the woman was a witch , cos I told her I want to go and see her ( the old woman) she warned me not to go but trust me na I went , on getting there even d elderly ones in that compound was telling not to inside her room even one of her sons that was still in the village ( Mind you this woman this woman was the only one who took care of her children wen her husband dead while they were still small) his wife dear not go to see her mother in-law infact she was the one that started it she said she came out to ease herself one day and saw the woman wearing white and white at mind night doing incarnation. I went inside the old womans room and spent some time with her ( they employed someone to take care of her until her death. she died last year with one other man they were calling a wizard in that same compound . my dear this compound am talking about nothing good comes out if aspect for one family that 5 of their kids are mad ( females) the males are they one progressing because they don't support evil. let me tell something about my grand ma she dose not believe in evil she is the only woman in my village that go for meetings that involves any gender cos she calls a spade a spade without minding who you are she held many positions when she was younger , she was the first woman to attend school in that village .her husband died while dragging his land from a man he claimed that the land was now his cos it was beside his house and also was on the main road (1999) .HE MAN EVEN ASKED MY GRAND MA WAS SHE CAN DO SINCE HE HAD KILLED HER HUSBAND> ,This was how my grand ma decided to drag the land with the man and today the land is ours. my grand ma have received so many awards and envy now griped in that was how they planned to kidnap early this year but there plans failed cos God intervened (my grand ma wakes up by 4am- 7 am for morning prayers I always tell her not to wake me up until wenever am ready to wake up and pray this didn't go to well with us but at a time she had no choice than to accept ) my grand share everything of hers with the needy . one day my grand ma was in her farm one day, and two woman from this compound that don't like golden age were discussing one now said " leave that woman she is a witch " not knowing that my grand ma was there ,gaze wat my gran ma did . to be continued
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Me2You225(f): 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2015
pls comment continue if you want me to continue with the story of my grand ma
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Ndipe(m): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
It's always the old ones or the young ones who are easily branded witches and wizards in Nigeria.
Re: 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto by Catherine29: 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
Flogging a 65yrs old woman...who does that? Things are happening in this country. People in authority work on this issue. This is inhuman

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Pastor John Obayemi Still The RCCG General Overseer In Nigeria? / DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over Unguided Rant / Ladies Please Save Us The Distraction In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.