Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari (3376 Views)

No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki / President Buhari To Inaugurate His Cabinet On Wednesday By 10 AM / I Will Name My Cabinet This Month, Buhari Tells Ghana's President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by Freegift75: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has made known to
the public that he would name his cabinet the
1st of October 2015.

The President reportedly made this assurance
yesterday in Ghana, during a press conference with
Ghanaian President, John Mahama. The special
adviser to the President on Media & Publicity, Femi
Adesina, also confirmed the President’s assertions to
this relation.

During a press interview, the President said: “I
remember I said that my cabinet will be setup before
the 1 of October. You can now ask that question, if I
didn’t fulfill my words after the time period I gave.”

President Buhari went further to compliment his
efforts towards the fight against Boko Haram; saying
that the military has gained the upper hand since he
was sworn in to office.

“We have tried to focus firstly on winning the war
against insurgency by strategizing new tactics for the
military. We have reorganized and reequipped them
and they have made a visible progress ever since.
The military have evaded and regained major
strongholds of Boko Haram like the Sambisa forest.
Indigenes of various communities in the town are
gradually returning to their homes.”

President Buhari also obliged all public office holders
to publicize their assets, adding that it is a
constitutional obligation for leaders to make public
their assets.

He said: “Declaration of assets was part of the
requirements of Head of States during Murtala
Mohammed’s regime. Governors, secretaries,
ministers, and every official from the highest echelon
to the lowest cadre usually declare their assets.
I declared mine in 1975 as a governor. I also declared
my assets as a military Head of State, and I’ve once
again declared my assets now as the President of the
Federal Republic of Nigeria”

President Buhari was said to have visited President
Mahama of Ghana on the purpose of harmonizing
both countries for bilateral trade and economic
growth. President Mahama, however, assured that
trade relations between Nigeria and Ghana will soon
be revived to the benefit of both countries.

President Mahama also reaffirmed his support to help
address the security challenges and fight insurgency in
the country.
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by cozy7(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
Those are d words of a General, who who is fully equipped in d art of governance, a transparent leader who is taking his time to achieve his goals. I believe in d saying "it's better late than never". Previous dictators n looters who tagged themselves "democratic" rushed to appoint their cabinet, what did we get? So if Buhari decides to take almost d whole year (of 2015) to name his cabinet, then I say "WELL DONE SIR". To hell with those who call u "Baba-go-slow".

10 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 7:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
Oh please

5 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by baralatie(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
oh boy,the thing don't enter October ooooo

please oooooo

confirm. the source oooooo

8 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by jessejunior(m): 7:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
Na ur wahala

2 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by kossyablaze(m): 7:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
We r waitn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by laurel03(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2015
Sai Baba Sai Buhari
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by 5starmilitant: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2015
Buhari, take ur time and appoint the virgins you've been searching for..... If you like, don't appoint ministers. Your body odour alone is enough to carry the mastubating slaves to their promise land.....

Say barber.... grin grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by njideoby(f): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
Hmmm, The thing don dey shift small small. Now from September to October. Very soon it will be one year in office without a cabinet.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by bettercreature(m): 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is a distorted news! I read his speech he didnt say octomber ist

3 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by EdCure: 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2015
No more delays, Mr president! The country and economy is hurting. We need seasoned administrators to handle our sensitive ministries.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by CallPolice: 8:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
A source will be nice. thank you.
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by oganology33(m): 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
If u lyk name ur cabinet January 1st. Till den, Happy Dictatorship

8 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
Their cup of tea.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by anigbajumo(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2015
cozy7:
Those are d words of a General, who who is fully equipped in d art of governance, a transparent leader who is taking his time to achieve his goals. I believe in d saying "it's better late than never". Previous dictators n looters who tagged themselves "democratic" rushed to appoint their cabinet, what did we get? So if Buhari decides to take almost d whole year (of 2016) to name his cabinet, then I say "WELL DONE SIR". To hell with those who call u "Baba-go-slow".

Seconded

1 Like

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by baralatie(m): 8:31pm On Sep 11, 2015
cozy7:

So if Buhari decides to take almost d whole year (of 2016) to name his cabinet, .

pours a tank farm load of ice chilled water,
bros small,small
its only naira land!
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by dunkem21(m): 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
I hope his spokesmen will deny this ..
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by lacasera14(m): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
It's long overdue sef.
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by omowolewa: 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
Okay o. Long live the king!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by meforyou1(m): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2015
APC and lies.
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by porka: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2015
bettercreature:
This is a distorted news! I read his speech he didnt say octomber ist

[size=13pt]October in English language. [/size]

1 Like

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by gebest: 10:21pm On Sep 11, 2015
oct 1st again?
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by HyDee001(m): 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is junk journalism. The reporter, copy editor and chief editor of that newspaper deserves to be sacke.
What they quote Buhari saying is before 1st of October. How these guys twist it to on 1st of October is beyond me.
Are they trying to stir up unnecessary criticisms against Buhari? This is totally inappropriate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by omolami: 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2015
This man is a complete dullard. Why take Nigerians for a ride? In fact he lacks what it takes to rule or he must be confused. Nigerians are not cows,,, Mr Buhari, wake up why changing statements like a kid ,?;

1 Like

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by fistonati(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Patiently waiting, atleast fashola, amaechi, Barr. Shittu etal will know dia faith. BP dem don dey high. Que sera sera.
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by Markachi666(m): 12:40am On Sep 12, 2015

During a press interview, the President said: “I
remember I said that my cabinet will be setup before
the 1 of October. You can now ask that question, if I
didn’t fulfill my words after the time period I gave.”

Fingers crossed!
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by BabaNath(m): 3:35am On Sep 12, 2015
Baba time dey go abeg. Do fast
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by WailingWailer00(m): 3:37am On Sep 12, 2015
Who cares undecided

Continue willing till you die

WILLiam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 12, 2015
Hmm
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by Nobody: 4:22am On Sep 12, 2015
From September to October huh! Truly, Baba is a man of his words.

Incompetence and SUPER cluelessness at its peak!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by Willswise(m): 6:42am On Sep 12, 2015
I trust Him, it will not exceed September
But to think of it,
What's my own?
Re: I Will Name My Cabinet On Oct 1st - Buhari by Freegift75: 7:09am On Sep 12, 2015
omolami:
This man is a complete dullard. Why take Nigerians for a ride? In fact he lacks what it takes to rule or he must be confused. Nigerians are not cows,,, Mr Buhari, wake up why changing statements like a kid ,?;

You are a born and not trained bastard! Don't you have a father?

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Illegal Recruitment: Positions Allocated To Relatives Of PMB's Top Officials / Breaking!! Soyinka Publicly Tears His American Passport As Trump Inaugurated / Biafra Represented At Stockholms,sweden Marathon(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.