Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,586 members, 7,820,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. (1934 Views)

Adeleke’s Family Rejects Aregbesola’s Inquest Into Senator’s Death / Workers' Day: Osun Workers Slam Aregbesola Over Half Salary / Labour Rejects Aregbsola’s Half Salaries - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by ziccoit: 3:41am On Sep 12, 2015
Labour unions in Osun State under the aegis of Osun State Joint Public Service Negotiating Council have warned Governor Rauf Aregbesola against paying workers half salaries for the month of March 2015.

The JNC said the plan to pay them half of their salaries for the month of March was a violation of the Memorandum of Understanding signed by both parties before the workers suspended their strike. A copy of the communiqué was made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Friday.

The letter which was signed by the Chairman, Nigeria Labour Congress, Mr. Jacob Adekomi; Chairman, Nigeria Union of Teachers, Mr. Wakeel Amudah and others urged Aregbesola to direct the Accountant General of the state and the Accountant of the Ministry of Local Government not to release the half salaries.

The workers said they would decide on the next line of action to take should the governor refuse to rescind the decision to pay them half salaries.

The communiqué read, “It was on record that bailout of N34.988bn was released to this state on Thursday 3rd of September, 2015 according to the Central Bank of Nigeria’s Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele and instead of the government fulfilling her own side of the deal by carrying out section 3(f) of the MoU signed with the labour on the 13th and 29th July respectively, reverse was the case.

“The information released through the Head of Service on the payment of outstanding salaries on Wednesday was completely opposite the spirit of the existing MoU which had generated palpable tension among the workers and the entire people of Osun State.

“That government should effect immediate implementation of the MoU signed on Monday 13th July, 2015. That labour movements in the state reject in its entirety the payment of half salaries as announced by the Head of Service on Wednesday 9th, September, 2015 and should not be paid into workers’ accounts.”

The Council of Academic Staff Unions of Osun State Owned Tertiary Institutions has also told lecturers at the two state polytechnics and those in the two colleges of education to ignore the directive of the state government to come out for fresh workers’ verification exercise.

The statement was signed by the CASUOSTI Chairman, Lasisi Jimoh; Secretary, Olusegun Lana; Chairman, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics, Iree, Dotun Omisore; ASUP Chairman, Esa Oke, Adesola Akande; COEASU Ila-Orangun Chairman, Segun Onifade and COEASU Ilesa Chairman, Oladele Ojo.

The lecturers said the fresh verification was nothing but another ploy to further delay payment of outstanding salaries despite the fact that the government had received its share of the bailout.

http://www.punchng.com/news/labour-rejects-aregbsolas-half-salaries/
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by fromnigeria(m): 3:43am On Sep 12, 2015
In as much as i have some pity for the those Servants, they should also understand that times are hard, even for Government.

And half is better than none. Also Servant no get choice most times. cool
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by ziccoit: 3:55am On Sep 12, 2015
People of Osun state need to rise up against this wickedness. 18k minimum wage with heavy taxation and now you want to half the leftover after series of deductions. By implication, a worker hitherto collecting 40k is expected to get 20k while responsibilities do not reduce by half.

Aregbesola was the first governor to say GEJ was the reason for inability to pay salary. Now GEJ is gone and my president has released the bailout for that purpose why is he diverting the fund?

This is unwilliness to pay not inability which is criminal and Aregbesola deserved to be stoned. Did he get half bailout? No!

We the change agents on this forum need to disown this governor and his heartless stance. He has no reason to continue to be on that seat if he could not guarantee the welfare of his people.

CHANGE! Aregbe.

4 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by lekejob(m): 3:55am On Sep 12, 2015
why half?
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by 5starmilitant: 4:02am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:
In as much as i have some pity for the those Servants, they should also understand that times are hard, even for Government.

Bros shun that thing wey u dey talk o, na so you dey support bad thing? You and I know he wants to pay them half becos he has fixed deposited some of the money in the bank. That guy should do the needful by paying them their entitlements jor.
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 12, 2015
Half salary! For the month of MARCH!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by bewla(m): 4:03am On Sep 12, 2015
much i do for noting
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by themaskedman: 4:11am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:

This is very wicked coming from you and I can't believe you said it. There's no reason why Aregbesola mustn't pay the workers their full salary after all the bail out money he received is for that. Why punish workers for your incompetence at management of state resources?
Times are hard yet top govt officials still live in stupendous opulence, times are hard yet Aregbesola, his family and aides live on three square meals a day while poor civil servants can't even find a meal a day to take. Did the workers make a mistake working for the state?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by menix(m): 4:21am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:

Guy u wicked pass ur monitoring spirit.
If u parents were civil servant in same state will u utter the above..

to the topic;

After releasing the bail out fund, hez still trying to short change this workers and somebody will say that dude knows what he is doing.
APC cancerous governors.

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by kaylechy(m): 4:37am On Sep 12, 2015
Half salary for the month of march? Aregbe is a pant...a red pant!
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by Godfullsam(m): 4:51am On Sep 12, 2015
wait o ! half salary for the of march of August

This governor get mind o shocked.
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by ziccoit: 5:13am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:

How old are you? We are talking of already impoverished public workers that are getting a monthly package which is not enough to take care of their family here. They are not servants. They are public workers and there is no crime in that. The criminal here is an employer of labour who is hell bent in short charging them.

From the news above, it is obvious Aregbe didn't discuss and agree half salary payment with the workers. Where is the democrazy in that? That is authoritarian and tyranny which should be abhored by all lovers of human right.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by Punstar: 5:47am On Sep 12, 2015
Doesn't the President nor the Presidency read newspapers or have a feel of what is happening in the country Will someone pls inform Buhari that Aregbese is, in his lack of common sense, is frustrating the aims of Mr President when he decided to give bailouts??

Won't the Presidency or the Fed Min of Finance or whatever monetary agency necessary/involvrd, monitor how the bailout is utilized? So that it serves the purpose it was disbursed, wch is to pay up workers salaries and arrears as soon as possible?

Why can an individual be so devilish and heartless like Aregbe( he needs to remember that he's just a man, a man like those he is punishing)

Why is the APC silent about Aregbes undemocratic dispensation of authority and power?

The news of Aregbes show of power Shame and his torment of the State's workforce makes headline daily and yet......nothing is done...yet no one seems to be concerned.

I pray God continues to "hold" Osun State civil servants

I strongly maintain, Democracy is just not an African thing

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 12, 2015
DIRTIEST GOVERNOR

2 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by DaBullIT(m): 5:55am On Sep 12, 2015
Before you conclude, ask yourself , what's the total amount of money required to pay all workers in Osun and how much is the bailout ?
ziccoit:
People of Osun state need to rise up against this wickedness. 18k minimum wage with heavy taxation and now you want to half the leftover after series of deductions. By implication, a worker hitherto collecting 40k is expected to get 20k while responsibilities do not reduce by half.

Aregbesola was the first governor to say GEJ was the reason for inability to pay salary. Now GEJ is gone and my president has released the bailout for that purpose why is he diverting the fund?

This is unwilliness to pay not inability which is criminal and Aregbesola deserved to be stoned. Did he get half bailout? No!

We the change agents on this forum need to disown this governor and his heartless stance. He has no reason to continue to be on that seat if he could not guarantee the welfare of his people.

CHANGE! Aregbe.
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by permsec: 6:05am On Sep 12, 2015
ziccoit:

CHANGE! Aregbe.
You are the true child of your father. Thumbs up!
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by godoluwa(m): 6:24am On Sep 12, 2015
RAUFU ADESOJI AREGBESOLA, GOD WILL DO UNTO YOU THE SAME WAY YOU DID TO OSUN STATE. BASTARD!!!
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by Pavore9: 6:29am On Sep 12, 2015
Was the bailout money not meant to offset the salaries owed the workers? Aregbesola is not even helping the negative perception of his person.
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by emmasege: 6:44am On Sep 12, 2015
I know someday, Rauf's jazz will expire on my people. When that Judge wrote a petition against the bastard to the state house of assembly and EFCC, what did the workers do to show solidarity with one of their own who had the gut to speak against the governor's insensitivity and financial recklessness when the labour leaders had been cowed and silenced? They kept quiet, thinking their O'Governor would clear all salaries as soon as he received the bail out. The sooner every well meaning worker and citizen of Osun carries a placard and stage a peaceful demonstration across the land against this heartless governor, the better for everyone.
And I hope our 'oga at the top' now realizes what sort of elements he has around him in the APC. He wanted to rescue the likes of Rauf out of their predicament, and 'stylishly' packaged a bail-out for all the states. I wonder why he didn't consider the judge's query (how the state's funds were spent in the last five years) before bailing him and other out. This is why his political foes will always read sentiments to his anti-graft crusade. AS AT TODAY, AREGBERASCAL IS ONE OF THE WORST GOVERNORS IN NIGERIA AND THE WORST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO MY DEAR STATE.
Eyin omo iya mi l'Osun, you called for it o; and don't let's forget that Yoruba adage "eni ba dake, t'ara re yo ba dake".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by ubongutioh(m): 7:03am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:

You have never worked before. All you do is eat from your parents, that is why you wrote that nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by Bishop4bella(m): 7:14am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:

Am sure you do not read the news in full and you don't know what's going on in state of Osun.
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by Blackfire(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2015
I support prophet AREgbese on this... Reasons.
1. During jonathan era,he said it was the president dealing with him because he is APC,progressive,did the state rise up to investigate, rather he was hailled.
2. Only one woman was bold enough in that state to ask for his resignation and probe... Now uncertainties becomes of her life and livelihood.
3. When he walk the street he is hailled, the state house of assembly see nothing wrong in him owing salaries for 5 months, the west sophistication,progressive are silent.
5. When others on this forum or other places try to point out this evils, they are termed waillers,jona e-warriors,igbos.

Now with this i support u my able, loving, caring,wonderful, progressive govnor.

Pls dont like or quote me
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by fromnigeria(m): 9:27am On Sep 12, 2015
Bishop4bella:

Am sure you do not read the news in full and you don't know what's going on in state of Osun.
Perhaps, but I did, also know we're having tougher times.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by fromnigeria(m): 9:28am On Sep 12, 2015
ubongutioh:
You have never worked before. All you do is eat from your parents, that is why you wrote that nonsense.
Parents ke?

I knew some will miscontrue my submission.
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by fromnigeria(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2015
ziccoit:

How old are you? We are talking of already impoverished public workers that are getting a monthly package which is not enough to take care of their family here. They are not servants. They are public workers and there is no crime in that. The criminal here is an employer of labour who is hell bent in short charging them.

From the news above, it is obvious Aregbe didn't discuss and agree half salary payment with the workers. Where is the democrazy in that? That is authoritarian and tyranny which should be abhored by all lovers of human right.

You call them public worker, some call them civil 'servants'.

Anyways, where are the Law makers in the state?

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by fromnigeria(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2015
menix:

Guy u wicked pass ur monitoring spirit.
If u parents were civil servant in same state will u utter the above..

to the topic;

After releasing the bail out fund, hez still trying to short change this workers and somebody will say that dude knows what he is doing.
APC cancerous governors.
cool Leave ApC out of this,

if a governor can hold a state ransom, it means the law maker dont exist or are clueless.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by fromnigeria(m): 9:38am On Sep 12, 2015
themaskedman:

This is very wicked coming from you and I can't believe you said it. There's no reason why Aregbesola mustn't pay the workers their full salary after all the bail out money he received is for that. Why punish workers for your incompetence at management of state resources?
Times are hard yet top govt officials still live in stupendous opulence, times are hard yet Aregbesola, his family and aides live on three square meals a day while poor civil servants can't even find a meal a day to take. Did the workers make a mistake working for the state?
You have a point,

but let me ask: Do you think he derives joy from this circumstance.

What if the money is not enough?

I still believe he has feelings.
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by fromnigeria(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2015
5starmilitant:

Bros shun that thing wey u dey talk o, na so you dey support bad thing? You and I know he wants to pay them half becos he has fixed deposited some of the money in the bank. That guy should do the needful by paying them their entitlements jor.
Yes sir

but fix depo for what na? At the expense of thousands of workers.
Can he be that heartless?
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by 5starmilitant: 10:17am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:

Yes sir

but fix depo for what na? At the expense of thousands of workers.
Can he be that heartless?

For his selfish interests of course...... The man is very heartless. Imagine since the month of march
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by themaskedman: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2015
fromnigeria:

You have a point,

but let me ask: Do you think he derives joy from this circumstance.

What if the money is not enough?

I still believe he has feelings.
You see we need to start from demanding from these governors owing workers' salaries what they did with state resources handed over to them. Time there was when Aregbesola told us that that the IGR of the state stands at N16 billion monthly and that he doesn't need the FG to pay workers' salaries. What me to him owing the workers'?
Re: Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. by fromnigeria(m): 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2015
themaskedman:

You see we need to start from demanding from these governors owing workers' salaries what they did with state resources handed over to them. Time there was when Aregbesola told us that that the IGR of the state stands at N16 billion monthly and that he doesn't need the FG to pay workers' salaries. What me to him owing the workers'?
I agree with you. We are too cool with our govt & leaders.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Scared Of Revisting $180M Halliburton Bribe Because Of OBJ,IBB,Abdusalami / Between Ijaws And Rivers Minorities By Ken Saro Wiwa / 500000 Teachers A Great Blessing Especially To Private School Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.