Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra (2660 Views)

Buhari Not Coming Back, Stand In The Way Of Biafra & Be Destroyed - Nnamdi Kanu / Why The South Is Afraid Of Oil Discovery In The North / Rejoinder: Nigerians Dont Care If South East Leave Nigeria. SS Is the Issue. (2) (3) (4)

If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Spiff20(m): 9:59am On Sep 12, 2015
Then Port Harcourt should be capital being the most developed in the 2 regions, anything less than that? then they should make do with their tiny 5 states that's not up to Oyo state in size.

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Karlovich: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2015
*waiting to hear from the ilorinized enclave what they have to say*

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by sammyj: 10:10am On Sep 12, 2015
Story story the gods. However, let them go ahead and let's see how they can coexistence. Dead on arrival agenda of the wailers! !! grin grin
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by EasternLionn: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2015
You need Biafra more than Biafra needs you.

Quote me anywhere, even in land of spirits

BTW, we have trashed this issue of capital, the capital will be just for capital sake, because when each region is allowed a great deal of independence, do as you like, manage your resources, develop yourself while working closely with other clans or provinces, if them give you capital city, you go carry placards to reject am.

But I like your idea, Igweocha can even be Biafra's commercial capital. It has seaports and already can be developed more to suit modern civilization.
Igweocha fits more with the commercial capital and that is where things are run, because even capital city will be unattractive for anyone.
Regional independence will handle that, flex as you like, just pay your 50% to the central govt for stuffs like defence, security, foreign affairs etc.

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 12, 2015
Spiff20:
Then Port Harcourt should be capital being the most developed in the 2 regions, anything less than that? then they should make do with their tiny 5 states that's not up to Oyo state in size.

Of what good is the size of Oyo state when Ebonyi is 10x developed than it. By the way, the smallest state in size in SE; Anambra is almost 3x of Lagos...99% of yolobas don't this because they are terrible in geography.

16 Likes

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by SOUNDKING: 10:21am On Sep 12, 2015
new2020:

Of what good is the size of Oyo state when Ebonyi is 10x developed than it. By the way, the smallest state in size in SE; Anambra is almost 3x of Lagos...99% of yolobas don't this because they are terrible in geography.

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by mrvitalis(m): 10:27am On Sep 12, 2015
Am in total support of this. ... this will make the ijaws feel among and there should also be 100% true federalism.. .. Every region manage what u have and pay 30% to the centre.... .. Local government should also go
The center will only Carter for security, economy and foreign policy

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by EasternLionn: 10:37am On Sep 12, 2015
mrvitalis:
Am in total support of this. ... this will make the ijaws feel among and there should also be 100% true federalism.. .. Every region manage what u have and pay 30% to the centre.... .. Local government should also go
The center will only Carter for security, economy and foreign policy

Is that not what we are saying already?
In a sovereign Biafraland, you have full resource control, whether you want to drink the oil, you can, places like Aba and Nnewi will be preoccupied with massive industrialisation that no one will even remember that their states have oil.

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by lacasera14(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2015
I don't see a light at the end of this tunnel called Biafra Struggle. PMB has a lot on his plate already to be distracted by this struggle, infact the more they struggle they get arrested and reduce their chances of ever producing an igbo president and even appointments in Buhari cabinet. They should just chill.
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by PedroJP(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2015
Spiff20:

Who are agitating for Biafra ? Is it a State agitating for Biafra ? Is it a geopolitical zone agitating for Biafra ? Is it a tribe ? Pls what is SS ? Is SS a people ?

The fact remains that even if SS is allowed as a nation, Igbos there will equally have advantage as they will enjoy support from their brothers in SE. We have Biafra where we have said all we determine their course, and some gullible pple still prefer old ways and all we complain about in present Nigeria. Biafra won't listen to conditions from ignorant minds as it will be established on the strongholds of Justice and equity.

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by EasternLionn: 11:40am On Sep 12, 2015
lacasera14:
I don't see a light at the end of this tunnel called Biafra Struggle. PMB has a lot on his plate already to be distracted by this struggle, infact the more they struggle they get arrested and reduce their chances of ever producing an igbo president and even appointments in Buhari cabinet. They should just chill.

Who are you to tell me what I should do ?

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 12, 2015
lacasera14:

IGBOS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN PRESIDENCY OR POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS TO SURVIVE AND EXCEL!

You are free to rotate the presidency amongst yourselves using under-age voters and over-cooked voters population figures as usual.

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
Kaakulator:
[b][size=25pt]A steady rise of artificial intelligence could give human societies time to adapt to the impact of the technological change. But humanity might face huge problems if an incredibly smart AI such as Skynet suddenly appeared tomorrow. That’s why several AI researchers have begun looking to history for times when a technology suddenly improved by huge leaps and bounds. They’re also willing to pay anyone between $50 and $500 for strong historical examples of such abrupt technological change.

The “research bounties” on offer come from the AI Impacts project, an initiative founded by researchers from the Machine Intelligence Research Institute in Berkeley and the University of California, Berkeley. They’re hoping to find strong historical examples of “discontinuous technological progress” in which a technology underwent a sudden jump in improvement. A large discontinuity involves more than 100 years of progress at once. A moderate discontinuity might mean more than 10 years of progress at once. So far, the researchers have listed two examples of large discontinuities: the development of nuclear weapons during World War II and improvements in high temperature superconductors starting in 1986.

Early nuclear weapons represented a jump of about 6,000 years of past progress in a single step. Today’s AI technology remains well below human levels of intelligence, but a similarly large discontinuity could quickly turn the tables. Such a leap for AI would almost certainly have huge implications for humanity, regardless of whether or not it went rogue like Skynet or had more beneficial impacts. The AI Impacts project has received funding for its research from Elon Musk, a Silicon Valley pioneer who has openly warned about the potential dangers of AI. (The Boston-based Future of Life Institute chose the AI projects that received Musk’s funding.)

AI Impacts has offered two categories of “research bounties.” The first category involves finding examples of discontinuous technological progress and pays out anywhere between $50 and $500.

To assess discontinuity, we’ve been using “number of years worth of progress at past rates”, as measured by any relevant metric of technological progress. For example, the discovery of nuclear weapons was equal to about 6,000 years worth of previous progress in the relative effectiveness of explosives. However, we are also interested in examples that seem intuitively discontinuous, even if they don’t exactly fit the criteria of being a large number of year’s progress in one go.

Any interested person can email a paragraph that describes their example and includes sources to back up their claims. Sources would ideally have “at least one time series of success on a particular metric,” such as the amount of energy released per unit mass of explosive in the case of comparing nuclear weapons with past explosives.

The second category of research bounties pays out $20 to $100 for examples of a person acting to prevent a risk that was at least 15 years away. This category only requires you to submit one sentence that includes a link or citation supporting the claim. Anyone serious about submitting good examples will want to read the full criteria at the AI Impacts blog. Submissions for both categories can be emailed to katja@intelligence.org.

AI Impacts hopes that studying historical examples of discontinuous technological progress will provide insight into whether AI technology might also undergo a sudden leap in improvement. That’s certainly no easy task, but it may still prove easier than trying to predict the full consequences of AI suddenly becoming the equal or superior of human intelligence. Many U.S. leaders naively predicted that the atomic bomb would eliminate the need for much conventional warfare after World War II; a mistaken assumption that cost the U.S. military dearly during the first hot conflict of the Cold War.

Do you think the AI will undergo a sudden leap in technological progress and take humanity by surprise?

CATEGORIZED UNDER: TECHNOLOGY, TOP POSTS, UNCATEGORIZED[/size][/b]
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
Kaakulator:
[b][size=25pt]A steady rise of artificial intelligence could give human societies time to adapt to the impact of the technological change. But humanity might face huge problems if an incredibly smart AI such as Skynet suddenly appeared tomorrow. That’s why several AI researchers have begun looking to history for times when a technology suddenly improved by huge leaps and bounds. They’re also willing to pay anyone between $50 and $500 for strong historical examples of such abrupt technological change.

The “research bounties” on offer come from the AI Impacts project, an initiative founded by researchers from the Machine Intelligence Research Institute in Berkeley and the University of California, Berkeley. They’re hoping to find strong historical examples of “discontinuous technological progress” in which a technology underwent a sudden jump in improvement. A large discontinuity involves more than 100 years of progress at once. A moderate discontinuity might mean more than 10 years of progress at once. So far, the researchers have listed two examples of large discontinuities: the development of nuclear weapons during World War II and improvements in high temperature superconductors starting in 1986.

Early nuclear weapons represented a jump of about 6,000 years of past progress in a single step. Today’s AI technology remains well below human levels of intelligence, but a similarly large discontinuity could quickly turn the tables. Such a leap for AI would almost certainly have huge implications for humanity, regardless of whether or not it went rogue like Skynet or had more beneficial impacts. The AI Impacts project has received funding for its research from Elon Musk, a Silicon Valley pioneer who has openly warned about the potential dangers of AI. (The Boston-based Future of Life Institute chose the AI projects that received Musk’s funding.)

AI Impacts has offered two categories of “research bounties.” The first category involves finding examples of discontinuous technological progress and pays out anywhere between $50 and $500.

To assess discontinuity, we’ve been using “number of years worth of progress at past rates”, as measured by any relevant metric of technological progress. For example, the discovery of nuclear weapons was equal to about 6,000 years worth of previous progress in the relative effectiveness of explosives. However, we are also interested in examples that seem intuitively discontinuous, even if they don’t exactly fit the criteria of being a large number of year’s progress in one go.

Any interested person can email a paragraph that describes their example and includes sources to back up their claims. Sources would ideally have “at least one time series of success on a particular metric,” such as the amount of energy released per unit mass of explosive in the case of comparing nuclear weapons with past explosives.

The second category of research bounties pays out $20 to $100 for examples of a person acting to prevent a risk that was at least 15 years away. This category only requires you to submit one sentence that includes a link or citation supporting the claim. Anyone serious about submitting good examples will want to read the full criteria at the AI Impacts blog. Submissions for both categories can be emailed to katja@intelligence.org.

AI Impacts hopes that studying historical examples of discontinuous technological progress will provide insight into whether AI technology might also undergo a sudden leap in improvement. That’s certainly no easy task, but it may still prove easier than trying to predict the full consequences of AI suddenly becoming the equal or superior of human intelligence. Many U.S. leaders naively predicted that the atomic bomb would eliminate the need for much conventional warfare after World War II; a mistaken assumption that cost the U.S. military dearly during the first hot conflict of the Colcd War.

Do you think the AI will undergo a sudden leap in technological progress and take humanity by surprise?

CATEGORIZED UNDER: TECHNOLOGY, TOP POSTS, UNCATEGORIZED[/size][/b]
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by lincolnj88: 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
grin i repeat only igbos are biafran ...we dnt need d urhobos , ijaws and itsekiri, isoko ... But be rest assured biafra will collect the 9 igbo speaking local government from delta, the igbo lga in river state.... U can stick to ur nigeria or form ur niger delta republic..... Mind u biafra has more oil wells in its territory dan d rest of niger delta, more power plants and its nevver aland locked country
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by ikechu1278: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2015
I'm completely against other minorities joining Biafra. Umu SE listen to me, please please stop including the minorities. I'm Igbo from SS and I am loudly telling you people , including the is going to be a disaster. If you ppl know tribes in SS, you wouldn't even be thinking of it, in reality they'll drag Una down. It shuld be igboland of SE and SS alone. Everybody else can go answer their papa name

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by erikcantona: 12:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
lincolnj88:
grin i repeat only igbos are biafran ...we dnt need d urhobos , ijaws and itsekiri, isoko ... But be rest assured biafra will collect the 9 igbo speaking local government from delta, the igbo lga in river state.... U can stick to ur nigeria or form ur niger delta republic..... Mind u biafra has more oil wells in its territory dan d rest of niger delta, more power plants and its nevver aland locked country
yoruba people have now registered with new moniker to claim IGBo hahahah. This people wnt sieze to amuze me!!bijaw kallabari ogoni all are more biafran then IGBOs am from OBUMA in degeme lga of rivers am a pure biafran!!isee iseeee !! Get behind us you agents of. Divide and rule

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by erikcantona: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2015
ikechu1278:
I'm completely against other minorities joining Biafra. Umu SE listen to me, please please stop including the minorities. I'm Igbo from SS and I am loudly telling you people , including the is going to be a disaster. If you ppl know tribes in SS, you wouldn't even be thinking of it, in reality they'll drag Una down. It shuld be igboland of SE and SS alone. Everybody else can go answer their papa name
biafra is not by force if they want they can join or stay with nigerisa nobody is forcing them a woman from akwaibom called radiobiafra and was singing for Us it was so emotional

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by erikcantona: 12:41pm On Sep 12, 2015
ikechu1278:
they are biafrans by birth but a refferendum will be conducted for them to decide but am sure many of Dem crave for biafra as one woman called biafra from akwaibom and was singing a very touching song with there language and praizing director with full assurance that his community wnts biafra as soon as. Posible desam wit some part of edo state some part realy want biafra

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by ikechu1278: 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
erikcantona:
they are biafrans by birth but a refferendum will be conducted for them to decide but am sure many of Dem crave for biafra as one woman called biafra from akwaibom and was singing a very touching song with there language and praizing director with full assurance that his community wnts biafra as soon as. Posible desam wit some part of edo state some part realy want biafra

Dude best believe those other minorities people fight over the dumbest thing especially land. It's suicidal to include them in biafra. They'll drag it down. As for Edo, only igbanke is included in Biafra which I support.

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Duru1(m): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
Spiff20:

Igwe Ocha is Igbo land and it is not negotiable whether it will be included in the Republic of Igbo land or even Biafra. Please you can take your south-south crap and shove it for all I care.

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
lincolnj88:
ikechu1278:

erikcantona:
yoruba people have now registered with new moniker to claim IGBo hahahah. This people wnt sieze to amuze me!!bijaw kallabari ogoni all are more biafran then IGBOs am from OBUMA in degeme lga of rivers am a pure biafran!!isee iseeee !! Get behind us you agents of. Divide and rule
erikcantona:
biafra is not by force if they want they can join or stay with nigerisa nobody is forcing them a woman from akwaibom called radiobiafra and was singing for Us it was so emotional
erikcantona:

Duru1:

Igwe Ocha is Igbo land and it is not negotiable whether it will be included in the Republic of Igbo land or even Biafra. Please you can take your south-south crap and shove it for all I care.
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by erikcantona: 12:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
ikechu1278:

Dude best believe those other minorities people fight over the dumbest thing especially land. It's suicidal to include them in biafra. They'll drag it down. As for Edo, only igbanke is included in Biafra which I support.
igbankes only we dnt need binis @ all

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by emmysoftyou: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2015
Spiff20:
mr man you talk like condom(bomkom).

Ph is not the most developed.
Go to akwa ibom and see what they called most developed.

i only prefare rivers state becos the state has boundaries with akwa ibom,ijaws and igbos..

but to be sincere with you, you need us more than we need you boi..
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by lacasera14(m): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
EasternLionn:

Who are you to tell me what I should do ?
Lol, We shall see
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by lacasera14(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2015
lincolnj88:
you have any sea route to the Atlantic ocean? you might have oil Wells no doubt But Where are the deep seas for ocean liners and oil terminals. You are so locked in land bro stop giving yourself false hope.
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by lacasera14(m): 1:35pm On Sep 12, 2015
emmysoftyou:
mr man you talk like condom(bomkom).

Ph is not the most developed.
Go to akwa ibom and see what they called most developed.

i only prefare rivers state becos the state has boundaries with akwa ibom,ijaws and igbos..

but to be sincere with you, you need us more than we need you boi..
Dude you need to be shot for saying akwa ibom is more developed than rivers. You think development is all about Fine roads with mud houses by lining it's sides.
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by Curlieweed: 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
ikechu1278:

Thanks, bro. You seem to be living in my head. I'll rather support "one" Nigeria than Biafra with any non-Igbo ethnic group.

Some people are just preparing a recipe for disaster. What will be the difference between the new state and Nigeria? You will just have a smaller version of Nigeria. This is exactly what happened with South Sudan, yet some people want to subject our people to the same shame and failure.
Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by jimi4us: 1:45pm On Sep 12, 2015
[size=20pt]we south south are obviously leaving Nigeria. we cant be with tribes that have moslems.[/size]

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by ikechu1278: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2015
Curlieweed:

Thanks, bro. You seem to be living in my head. I'll rather support "one" Nigeria than Biafra with any non-Igbo ethnic group.

Some people are just preparing a recipe for disaster. What will be the difference between the new state and Nigeria? You will just have a smaller version of Nigeria. This is exactly what happened with South Sudan, yet some people want to subject our people to the same shame and failure.

Oh my God thank you. You're definitely in my head. I can't seem to understand how they cannot see they would create a mini Nigeria if non igbo are included. If doing so, then I rather support "one" niggeria then. All those that know my post knows how much I despise that niggeria zoo

Re: If South-south Is Going To Be Part Of Biafra by ikechu1278: 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2015
erikcantona:
igbankes only we dnt need binis @ all

They were never part of Biafra, both in past and present. That's why I cannot understand why they are the ones that cry the loudest when saying "we are not joining Biafra". You are not included. It's funny enough, the tribes not included in Biafra such as Edo, itsekiri and urhobo/isoko are the ones that constantly disturb us on NL how they don't want to be part of Biafra. Like the wtf? Attention seeking mofos all of am an em I noticed.

Photo: What Is Kano State Governor Ganduje Trying To Do Here? / Picture Of Kenneth Okonkwo Kneeling And Praising Jonathan In 2015 / Result Of Apc Presidential Primaries From Anambra State

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73