Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,341 members, 7,864,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:08 PM

I ’m In Nigeria, I Was Never Arrested Or Detained In Saudi Arabia – Sen. Barata - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I ’m In Nigeria, I Was Never Arrested Or Detained In Saudi Arabia – Sen. Barata (520 Views)

Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? / "I Was Never Arrested By EFCC"- Akpabio / Senator Hassan Barata Detained In Saudi Arabia After False Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I ’m In Nigeria, I Was Never Arrested Or Detained In Saudi Arabia – Sen. Barata by ganye1: 10:47am On Sep 12, 2015
I ’m In Nigeria, I Was Never Arrested Or Detained In Saudi Arabia – Senator Barata A former Senator representing Adamawa South, Hassan Ahmad Barata on Friday denied a viral news report that he had been detained in Saudi Arabia for making false claims. The former senator said since completing his tenure in the 7th Senate in June, he has not traveled outside the country and denied the reported claim that he has dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) after failing to clinch the party’s governorship ticket. Barata, a former Chairman of the Senate Committee on Culture and Tourism, cleared the air on his purported arrest and detention in Saudi Arabia in an exclusive interview with The Nation newspaper. He said: “I have been in Nigeria; I don’t know anything about anybody’s arrest in Saudi Arabia. I am not in detention in Saudi Arabia. I am here in the country. “Since I left office, I have not traveled anywhere; I have not gone to Saudi Arabia and I have not even traveled to Cameroon. “I had been receiving calls from many Nigerians but I have told them that if I am in detention in Saudi Arabia, I could not have been talking to them. “I am under pressure to sue for libel but this newspaper belongs to us, I cannot go to court against my boss whom I respect so much”. Responding to a question, Barata said: “Since 1999, I had been in the National Assembly. I would rather be a Senator than being a staff of an embassy. Which one do you think is more honourable? “The story is somehow because as I am talking to you, I traveled with the Governor of Adamawa State from Yola to Kaduna for a meeting of some governors. “If I don’t belong to APC, I won’t be able to travel with him. I have not defected to any party”. He also denied the report that he was still official or diplomatic passport. Barata added: “I have never been using official or diplomatic passport because I want my passport to be rich. I prefer to be using my green passport. “It is such a mischief. I have surrendered everything in my position. This is not my first time in the National Assembly”.
Re: I ’m In Nigeria, I Was Never Arrested Or Detained In Saudi Arabia – Sen. Barata by Abugab(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2015
Who is lying and who is saying the truth?
Nigeria, a country where lies and denials is officially accepted as a means of communicating by ex govt or in-govt officials.
The mantra is: always tell the people what they want to hear no matter the lies or truth being told.
Re: I ’m In Nigeria, I Was Never Arrested Or Detained In Saudi Arabia – Sen. Barata by macolino(m): 11:00am On Sep 12, 2015
Since APC took over,lying has increased to 80%..which way naija.
Re: I ’m In Nigeria, I Was Never Arrested Or Detained In Saudi Arabia – Sen. Barata by GOATandYAMtheory: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2015
Naija media

(1) (Reply)

CBN To Monitor States That Received Bailout Funds / External Reserves Fall To $30.794bn, Inflation Inches To 9.3% / Buhari Says Boko Haram Demands Release Of Its Bomb Maker In Exchange For Chibok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.