Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,979 members, 7,810,717 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? (6257 Views)

Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling / Women Protest Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest; Demand His Release - Vanguard / Russian President, Putin Reacts To Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest; Calls For His Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 6:43am On Oct 20, 2015
Something has been baffling me since the day we all learnt Nnamdi Kanu was arrested,
Which is; was Nnamdi Kanu really arrested? What is the proof? Evidence? Apart from the tweet from Biafra tweet? Did the DSS say anything, did Nigeria Security official say anything? Look Below, pictures and quotes.

The Deputy Director of Radio Biafra, Uche Mefor, alongside other members of the group, in a marathon broadcast on the pirate radio, alleged that Kanu was arrested in Lagos by the security operatives, as he flew into Nigeria from his base in the UK.
The group in a tweet on Sunday, via its Twitter handle, confirmed the arrest.

Source: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/breaking-radio-biafra-director-nnamdi-kanu-reportedly-arrested/

The same news was published by:
1. www.dailypost.ng/2015/10/18/dss-reportedly-arrests-radio-biafra-director-nnamdi-kanu-in-lagos/
2. www.newsrescue.com/breaking-nnamdi-kanu-of-radio-biafra-reportedly-arrested/#axzz3p5CkNDGg
3. www.bellanaija.com/2015/10/19/radio-biafra-director-nnamdi-kanu-reportedly-arrested/
4. www.punchng.com/news/radio-biafra-continues-broadcast-despite-kanus-arrest/

Though that of PUNCH is slightly different, it only indicated that the radio was still operating. But every other one only ent ahead to confirm that Nnamdi was arrested and their only source was the 'TWEET' from radio biafra. Nothing from DSS still, then yesterday ...

He was granted bail, the only group that released the information is/was still the 'radio biafra' stating that he was:

granted bail in the sum of N2 million or with surety of N2 million with a civil servant of grade level 16.

My question goes thus; was this man really arrested? Apart from their tweet what else can we use verify this claim, because to me it is only a one-sided report.

Picture of the tweet attached below.

2 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 6:46am On Oct 20, 2015
You can call me all unprintable name, still doesn't change the fact that I believe it is all lies... To garner the attention of the FG since they have been doing that lately to no avail.

2 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by SirBlack999(m): 6:46am On Oct 20, 2015
Ask DSS.

4 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by Trut(m): 6:47am On Oct 20, 2015
undecided
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 6:48am On Oct 20, 2015
SirBlack999:
Ask DSS.
Since you know how to, why not help me out.

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by vayne(m): 6:55am On Oct 20, 2015
SirBlack999:
Ask DSS.
1000 likes, ask dss.

8 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 6:56am On Oct 20, 2015
Trut:
undecided
Something you know sire?
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 6:56am On Oct 20, 2015
This is the latest activity on DSS twitter page, nothing of sort was mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 20, 2015
Only you Op and FTC...nawa guy.
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 20, 2015
Yes, for your question, go to DSS office and confirm and stop thinking from your shit hole.

6 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 20, 2015
This shit is getting interesting
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by vayne(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2015
So the same media that made you guys so happy over his arrest is all of a sudden no longer reliable?

Also below are our accredited media outlet to name a few carrying the news of his arrest

Punch:http://www.punchng.com/news/radio-biafra-continues-broadcast-despite-kanus-arrest/

Vanguard:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/breaking-radio-biafra-director-nnamdi-kanu-reportedly-arrested/

6 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by emamos: 7:03am On Oct 20, 2015
if you ask me,na who i go ask?
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2015
vayne:
So the same media that made you guys so happy over his arrest is all of a sudden no longer reliable?

For once, I never believed he was arrested, and it all boils down to common sense, and we being the viewer/judge, it is expected we hear 2 sides of the story not what played out days ago and still playing.

2 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by vayne(m): 7:07am On Oct 20, 2015
tobex23:

For once, I never believed he was arrested, and it all boils down to common sense, and we being the viewer/judge, it is expected we hear 2 sides of the story not what played out days ago and still playing.
Why were you rejoicing after the arrest?
Why didn't you speak out after you heard of his arrest that you didn't believe?
Why now?

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:11am On Oct 20, 2015
obum88:
Only you Op and FTC...nawa guy.

It goes to show how it baffles me.
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:18am On Oct 20, 2015
vayne:

Why were you rejoicing after the arrest?
Why didn't you speak out after you heard of his arrest that you didn't believe?
Why now?

1. Because, I thought of how the reckless, and rude man would be kept quiet.
2. I waited for response from Nigeria security operatives to speak on the issue, apparently, they didn't. after the arrest, after the bailing... It doesn't add up.
3. I don't have issue with you getting your biafra at all, infact I would be glad, I would only miss my sane igbo friends, but if the way you want to achieve it is fraudulent, we have no choice that 'check' your thinking ability.

5 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by ckmayoca: 7:20am On Oct 20, 2015
If a govt wanna deal with a bone in there throat with no allegation to rope him with, they kidnap and detain u to see the tension it will bring. If no tension then the detainee is gonna be gone for a long time most expecially a dual citizen.
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by vayne(m): 7:20am On Oct 20, 2015
tobex23:

1. Because, I thought of how the reckless, and rude man would be kept quiet.
2. I waited for response from Nigeria security operatives to speak on the issue, apparently, they didn't. after the arrest, after the bailing... It doesn't add up.
3. I don't have issue with you getting your biafra at all, infact I would be glad, I would only miss my sane igbo friends, but if the way you want to achieve it is fraudulent, we have no choice that 'check' your thinking ability.
Ok,why now?

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2015
ckmayoca:
If a govt wanna deal with a bone in there throat with no allegation to rope him with, they kidnap and detain u to see the tension it will bring. If no tension then the detainee is gonna be gone for a long time most expecially a dual citizen.

Hmm, this is making sense, but still a guess/assumption, a mere premise..
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by Codedb2: 7:25am On Oct 20, 2015
tobex23:
You can call me all unprintable name, still doesn't change the fact that I believe it is all lies... To garner the attention of the FG since they have been doing that lately to no avail.
He was invited for a dinner with Aisha in Aso rock
Even Davido was there with them.
Ewu

6 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2015
vayne:

Ok,why now?

If I get any substantial info from DSS, then I promise to pull this thread down, "in shame" and would likely apologise.
But until then, the arrest was only made by Nnamdi Kanu to gain attention by force.
To your question, it doesn't add up.

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:28am On Oct 20, 2015
Codedb2:

He was invited for a dinner with Aisha in Aso rock
Even Davido was there with them.
Ewu

I already welcomed all name calling so you would only look sane if you help yourself by making me look stupid and not insult me like I rightly predicted.
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by ckmayoca: 7:30am On Oct 20, 2015
tobex23:

Hmm, this is making sense, but still a guess/assumption, a mere premise..

Agreed an assumption but why didn't the DSS or presidency say nothing over the weekend? If it was propaganda frm the other party they debunks it within 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by vayne(m): 7:32am On Oct 20, 2015
tobex23:

If I get any substantial info from DSS, then I promise to pull this thread down, "in shame" and would likely apologise.
But until then, the arrest was only made by Nnamdi Kanu to gain attention by force.
To your question, it doesn't add up.
Ok,why haven't dss disputed the "lie"
That he was arrested?
Why are they silent for over 4days?

7 Likes

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by vayne(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2015
ckmayoca:

Agreed an assumption but why didn't the DSS or presidency say nothing over the weekend? If it was propaganda frm the other party they debunks it within 24hrs.
My brother help me ask am o...so the dss can't openly come out and say it's a lie,we didn't arrest him?
And more importantly,why he chose to doubt NOW instead of immediately he heard of the arrest

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:37am On Oct 20, 2015
ckmayoca:

Example of when they debunked a news please, screenshot would be very welcome.

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:39am On Oct 20, 2015
vayne:

My brother help me ask am o...so the dss can't openly come out and say it's a lie,we didn't arrest him?
And more importantly,why he chose to doubt NOW instead of immediately he heard of the arrest

Bro, can we see an instance where they debunked a news?
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:41am On Oct 20, 2015
vayne:

Ok,why haven't dss disputed the "lie"
That he was arrested?
Why are they silent for over 4days?

Because they don't see the need to?
They probably don't want to give the required attention the seekers are looking for?
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 20, 2015
lip service from another op. even when the reality keeps hitting the ground.
Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:41am On Oct 20, 2015
Apart from vanguard, lol, whose sourse was thru radio Biafra, no reliable paper actually reported the issue.

I trust sahara...dem go be the first to knw..

Let the albino keep decieveing his sheep...

E concern u?

1 Like

Re: Matters Arising: On Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest, Was He Really Arrested? Or Hogwash? by tobex23(m): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2015
Demburrows:
lip service from another op. even when the reality keeps hitting the ground.

Reality in your dreams?
Let's get another reliable news website that published the news apart from Vanguard... Huh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Launches Special Desk For Persons With Disability / BREAKING NOW: Tinubu To React As Deloitte Denies Him In A Fresh Letter / Are All Nigerian Leaders Corrupt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.