Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (389117 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
GodMode:

You trying to get info from me and I'm trying to know how much info you already have.
I shall not yield, neither will you so let's call it a day.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pocoapoco88: 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
ebukasoso:

My Friendf Your Fiverr Profile Reads That You Are From United States And Not Nigeria
busted
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by GodMode: 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
charix:

I shall not yield, neither will you so let's call it a day.

You didn't even bother to check my profile.. Cos in my signature you'll see an affiliate link to one of the few skills I know of...

Since I have told you this, I'll have to delete my signature soon cos its a paid software and I haven't used it to earn yet...
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by pocoapoco88: 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
charix:

Not only that, the slave drivers're opening different accounts they use in backing each others' claims saying they did the same and're now successful. Thank you for pointing out the obvious, it's probably one person with multiple spam accounts.
wen i smell an info marketer here,i'll yell d hell out of dem bt d ones i've bin seeing so far seems like doers of dia word

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by slimmykisses(f): 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
What skill do I require for a start?

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
pocoapoco88:
wen i smell an info marketer here,i'll yell d hell out of dem bt d ones i've bin seeing so far seems like doers of dia word
8 pages in and I'm still yet to see.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by GodMode: 11:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
slimmykisses:
What skill do I require for a start?

What skills do u already have
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
Peterwins:
To acquire some relevant skills, visit www.udacity.com co-founded by:

Sebastian Thrun (born May 14, 1967) is an educator, programmer, robotics developer and computer scientist from Germany. He is CEO and cofounder of Udacity, an institution he cofounded with David Stavens and Mike Sokolsky. He was a Google VP and Fellow, and a Professor of Computer Science at Stanford University.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Thrun

Don't let money be the ultimate motivating factor before you decide to acquire relevant skills especially if and/or when you hear (listen to) tales by moonlight.

I posted about Elance and Odesk some years back on this site in 2013 ( https://www.nairaland.com/1378158/global-freelance-jobs ) without mentioning mouth-watering sums. Until you mention huge figures people generally would not listen to you or take you serious.

Once again people interested in acquiring some tech skills should simply visit www.udacity.com
Best comment so far.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by BrightEye(m): 11:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
victor101:

HERE, I HAVE SUMMARIZED HOW YOU GET PAID

You bid for job---> get awarded---> Client fund the job on Escrow ---> You finish the job ---> The client reviews what you've done --->You request for release/approval) of payment ---- The cash gets to your profile(after some days of verification) ----> You initiate withdrawal to your method of payment(Payoneer)

Hmmmm

This guy really melts my heart with the way he presented all his posts. Softly.... cool and nice.

Victor, you sound like someone with the knowlegde of G.M. You will understand what that means if u are truely into it. wink

Remain blessed!

5 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by GodMode: 11:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
charix:

Sebastian Thrun (born May 14, 1967) is an
educator, programmer, robotics developer and
computer scientist from Germany. He is CEO and cofounder of Udacity, an institution he cofounded with David Stavens and Mike Sokolsky.

He was a Google VP and Fellow, and a Professor of
Computer Science at Stanford University.
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Sebastian_Thrun
Don't let money be the ultimate motivating factor
before you decide to acquire relevant skills
especially if and/or when you hear (listen to) tales
by moonlight.
Best comment so far.

That person is not a Nigeriangringrin and he obviously had and has things going smoothly for him..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Bishop(m): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2015
i will be glad to hear from you concerning this project,kindly keep me informed at owiatf@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by vivaobi: 12:12am On Sep 19, 2015
Very nice one @ victor but the fact is that I still don't get this whole thing. It's all strange, now my question is this, how can someone that has never done this start?

what are those needed things apart from the laptop stuff? no vex o

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 12:15am On Sep 19, 2015
GodMode:

That person is not a Nigeriangringrin and he obviously had and has things going smoothly for him..
True. One can learn skills from the site eitherway that's why I vote it the best comment.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 12:22am On Sep 19, 2015
vivaobi:
Very nice one @ victor but the fact is that I still don't get this whole thing. It's all strange, now my question is this, how can someone that has never done this start?

Yea, apart from that, you should have a skill(s) you are exceptional in. This should answer your question.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jonaboy: 12:22am On Sep 19, 2015
charix:

8 pages in and I'm still yet to see.
People have mentioned skills like article writing, logo design, android app development etc and you are still asking for skills. Did you read the thread from the beginning or you are just interested in making negative criticism? If you want to know more about skills you need to earn on these sites it is very simple, visits the sites and see the kind of projects that have been posted and identify the skills that you can offer conveniently and start placing bids on those projects. But don't expect to start winning bids immediately you join the sites. It took me about 3 weeks after i registered with freelancer before i won my first job and the orders have continued to flow, if i had given up during my first week of registering i would not have won my first project. So you need to persevere to win your first project and then execute it well to get a positive review so that you can win more projects. And to those still doubting, keep doubting while those that have taken action continue making the $$$$$$. Shalom.

9 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 19, 2015
jonaboy:
Thank you. Finally gotten the information I needed. Time to exit the thread.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 12:26am On Sep 19, 2015
vivaobi:

@vivaobi read the thread from the beginning
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jonaboy: 12:28am On Sep 19, 2015
charix:

Thank you. Finally gotten the information I needed. Time to exit the thread.
Please put it into practical use and come back here to give your own testimony in some weeks time. Wish you the very best in your freelancing career.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 19, 2015
jonaboy:

Please put it into practical use and come back here to give your own testimony in some weeks time. Wish you the very best in your freelancing career.
I only came here for information, nothing else. I have a few friends into freelancing but indulging in it would kill free time I use for more entertaining exploits.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Blackkie: 12:42am On Sep 19, 2015
@victor101
Nice job!
I sent you an e-mail kindly respond. Thank you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coretechng1(m): 5:30am On Sep 19, 2015
pocoapoco88:
guys i seriously nid a cheaper,reliable bt sufficient data plan.used 2 use mtn 2gb(2k) bt it barely last upto a week,wud hav gone 4 glo 4.5gb for 2.5k bt d ntwork is bullshit;if it manages 2 open a page ,u'll hav 2 wait til internity 4 it 2 open anoda 1.
Use a router and you will be fine.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by coretechng1(m): 5:58am On Sep 19, 2015
stagger:

I will be contacting you and others who have sent me messages in due course. Presently we are very full. This set is being trained with a grant I got from a foreign foundation so you can only imagine the rush we had for the few spaces available. I am working on getting a N4million grant from another foreign foundation. By October I will know the outcome of my application. I am hopeful it will be approved so that appropriate scholarship can be given to those who need to learn some cool skills so that you won't have to pay for the training.

So keep up with the prayers.
Stagger I suspect/sensed you are Winners member.Your brothers are here,please help them.Never mind what others are saying.Follow Papa-ignore critics.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by OkoyeA1(m): 6:18am On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/4901-best-app-makers-creators.html
What's the link for...I am a newbie on this thread, help a brother out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by DikSin(m): 6:25am On Sep 19, 2015
stagger:

Matthew chapter 13 verse 10 - 15

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”

11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him.

13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:

‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,
And seeing you will see and not perceive;

15 For the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
And their eyes they have closed,
Lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should[a] heal them.’

16 [b]But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear;

17 for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

The words of Jesus Christ Himself. Treasure is only revealed to those who have eyes that see, ears that hear and brains that understand!

Bros I've watching you from page zero of this thread up to this point.

Pls pastor bro. Staggar or whatever... Why not be positive instead of being a negative influence on here
That's why I hate people who worship @ LFC sad they're too problematic. Because you quote that passage doesn't mean you're better than an infidel, you hear So, GE_RARA_HERE for REAL man. Stingy poisonous fellow like you are.

Damn!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by shiffynaani(m): 6:28am On Sep 19, 2015
aje33:
I started working on upwork last august and I've earned close to $700, just from a single contract which is still on-going.

check my profile

Freelancer name : Ayodeji Aje.

U need tips on how to bid.

I've personally discovered tips on how to get interviews from clients, how to bid for the right jobs, choose verified clients and many more which I will share freely on popular demand.

Its real. Upwork.com is the best.

as for freelancer.com, I discovered that there are lot of scammers there who will ask for security holds for them to start your contract, even tho many are making it there too. I recommend upwork

$700 in three weeks is not bad ooo..more than my monthly salary.

Cheers.
guy pls i want you to help me on how i can start my own too.pls help your broda.my email is shefiu1995@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by DikSin(m): 6:32am On Sep 19, 2015
coretechng1:
Stagger I suspect/sensed you are Winners member.Your brothers are here,please help them.Never mind what others are saying.Follow Papa-ignore critics.

Don't suspect anything that negative mind is a true image of LFC member... That's how they interpret the shiloh messages. You see them come "share testimonies" of how god (not God now) gave the breakthrough from nothing to something, but they'll NEVER share the part of HOW or WHAT they did to get there cheesy they left other bro/sis wondering believing God is kinda partial Useless bunch of mofos!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 6:35am On Sep 19, 2015
cozy7:
Thanks for ur contribution. No matter how many pple u help, don't expect equal amount (if any) of appreciation from them. Even Christ healed 10 lepers, but just one came back to say "thanks". I can assure u that your reward will come, not from d one u help, but from our creator above, u may hv forgotten abt d help, but God who doesn't sleep will never forget...little things we do either paves or closes ways for us.
I live in Lagos n would like to contact u, so u could personally guide me on making it online. Since graduation, I've got nothing tangible doing n would appreciate your professional guidance. Good bless u. I await your response. My mail is ddenofaustin@yahoo.com. GOD RULES,
you should embrace article writing for a start.

Online content writing should be different from what you know, but the basics is same.

Sign up at Upwork.com. Visit webmaster section here and read the tutorials for joomla and HTML. There is also one for eCommerce site using Envato to set up site like konga wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 6:38am On Sep 19, 2015
DikSin:

Don't suspect anything that negative mind is a true image of LFC member... That's how they interpret the shiloh messages. You see them come "share testimonies" of how god (not God now) gave the breakthrough from nothing to something, but they'll NEVER share the part of HOW or WHAT they did to get there cheesy they left other bro/sis wondering believing God is kinda partial Useless bunch of mofos!
The dude dropped the info but you were blind to see it!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by shiffynaani(m): 6:38am On Sep 19, 2015
G12:
Why do I have this feeling that most people on this thread are not willing to take action? Instead, they are trying to prove others wrong.

You guys should change your mindset. Abi na motivation writer una dey wait for to write epistles before una begin take action?

If Mr. A is making money online, what makes you think you can't if you learn how Mr. A is doing it?

"Everything in this country is going to kill you if you don't act on you own".
sir,pls help me. i'm ready to take on the challenge.
How can we talk better,sir
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 6:40am On Sep 19, 2015
shiffynaani:
guy pls i want you to help me on how i can start my own too.pls help your broda.my email is shefiu1995@gmail.com
sometime you see something and still ask question. He said it's upwork.com have you signed up yet?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by fxbot: 6:41am On Sep 19, 2015
DikSin:

Bros I've watching you from page zero of this thread up to this point.

Pls pastor bro. Staggar or whatever... Why not be positive instead of being a negative influence on here
That's why I hate people who worship @ LFC sad they're too problematic. Because you quote that passage doesn't mean you're better than an infidel, you hear So, GE_RARA_HERE for REAL man. Stingy poisonous fellow like you are.

Damn!
lol
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by shiffynaani(m): 6:48am On Sep 19, 2015
fxbot:
sometime you see something and still ask question. He said it's upwork.com have you signed up yet?
No,i haven't. I heard that 'skills' are required
can't one register without any skills but still making money on the site. Pls sir,enlighen me on it

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.