Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388214 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tolajay: 9:09am On Aug 10, 2017
Read previous pages of this thread. It's been treated severally.

emmaversity:
pls guys how do I resolve the issue of W-8BEN tax information.

pls share your experience...

thanks for your anticipated responses
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
stagger:

There is no hope. That account will be locked by Upwork in due course.
why do you say so? I mean for what reason?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
Sammeyd:
PAYPAL FUND NEEDED (BIG/SMALL)

Fiverr / Upwork withdrawal services available.

I promise u good rate if you bring huge deal before 12pm 11/08/2017

Instant payment!

Paypal checkout service also available

Contact my siggy.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by suneepet1: 10:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Is anyone willing to exchange reviews with me on fiverr or you want reviews yourself. Contact me or whatsapp on 080 6523 7543
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Abiodun4038: 12:29am On Aug 11, 2017
I can't believe my account just got suspended on upwork. Please guys! any way out?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by hiremyminivan: 3:50am On Aug 11, 2017
Abiodun4038:
I can't believe my account just got suspended on upwork. Please guys! any way out?

Any reason given?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Abiodun4038: 7:20am On Aug 11, 2017
hiremyminivan:

Any reason given?
They said because I haven't been getting jobs. I will only had one last three months ago and the guy wants to hire me again.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by topsquino(m): 9:33am On Aug 11, 2017
Dear Estimable Writer/Blogger:

Thank you for taking your time to read this project description. This particular project is about reviewing products. If you are interested, kindly read the information below.

PROJECT DESCRIPTION:

This is to notify you that we've another long-term project for writers who are proficient in the following categories: Phones & Tablets, Computer & Accessories, Beauty Products, and Baby Kids and Toys. Our primary aim is to help buyers make informed decisions regarding the items in those categories which can be found on Jumia, Konga, and other popular online stores in Nigeria. So, we need Nigerian writers who are very proficient in reviewing products in these categories.

REWARD

N1,800/500words
Your name will be published along with these articles.

REQUIREMENTS:

1) If you don't have a stable internet connection or laptop, this project is not for you.
2) If you don't understand the rules of grammar (punctuation marks, tenses etc), this project is not for you.
3) If you have not written articles before, this project is not for you.
4) If you are not a creative writer, this project is not for you.
5) If you are not passionate about writing, this project is not for you.
6) If you are not okay with the price, this project is not for you.
7) If you are looking for somebody to train you on writing, this project is not for you.

NOTE: We need high-quality articles. Don't waste your time if you cannot do this. We will not pay you for poorly written content.

HOW TO GET STARTED:

1) Send samples of your articles to topsquino (at) gmail (dot) com NOTE: change the (at) to @ and dot to . and remove the spaces as well.
2) If we are okay with your samples, we will request you to write a 300-word article test on SATURDAY. We DON'T pay for TEST
3) If we are okay with your test, we will start outsourcing our articles to you on MONDAY.

Regards

Topsquino
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2017
samtobi:
Hi Guys,

how has it been? I hope your Upwork journey is a breeze

There is an Update from Upwork currently. They are about to close the accounts of Freelancers who have not been active on the platform. What I mean by that is they are set to deactivate the account of freelancers who have not been able to secure any contract in the last 30 days.

The reason for this, according to them, is to reduce the stiff competition on the platform. If you have been on the platform and have not been active, then it is time to buckle up and get some contract rolling before they lay a siege on it.

For those who have not been gaining access to the platform, accept my sympathy because Upwork is not going to take back their words. They are bent on reducing the number of freelancers to the number of available jobs.

I urge all writers, especially inspiring ones to follow Bamidele, the owner of writers in Charge dot com. The young man has a lot of tips on how you can get good clients off Upwork or other freelancing sites.

As a writer, I also urge you to embrace the kdp platform. You can write books on that platform and make good money. I know of a web designer who left his freelancing work and started writing and selling his book on Kdp, and he is a millionaire now. Yes, you read that right. He has made up to a million from that platform.

So, if a web designer can excel on Kdp, then a writer has no limit on how much she can earn.

Notwithstanding, you also have to do your research.

Apart from freelancing, there is a bunch of opportunities opened for writers. So, don't depend on one source of income alone. Spread your wings and look for greener pastures elsewhere.

Thanks

This isn't true. Upwork aren't deactivating dormant accounts rather they're making them less visible. What that means is that when clients search for freelancers, those that've been inactive in the span of a month do not appear in the client's search. Even then, you can write to CC to have your account re-allowed in searches. Deactivating accounts for being inactive in just a month would be very stupid.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
keishik:
This isn't true. Upwork aren't deactivating dormant accounts rather they're making them less visible. What that means is that when clients search for freelancers, those that've been inactive in the span of a month do not appear in the client's search. Even then, you can write to CC to have your account re-allowed in searches. Deactivating accounts for being inactive in just a month would be very stupid.

Thanks for the enlightenment...

[url]
keishik:

[/url]
keishik:

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by emmaversity(m): 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bemagnify: 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2017
2 Fiverr reviews urgently needed,,

contact on signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Neduzze5(m): 5:19am On Aug 12, 2017
Abiodun4038:

They said because I haven't been getting jobs. I will only had one last three months ago and the guy wants to hire me again.

They did the same to me. Luckily, they allowed me withdraw the money I had there sha.

Planning on closing the account and opening a new one later on.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
victor101:
I have an irresistible opportunity for someone who is hardworking. I would like to partner with a great Upworker, who can maximize my Upwork account (Nigeria ofcourse) about 93% JS Score. If you can twerk the account to whatever niche you feel we can maximize profit, place bids and win contracts.

Qualities I seek:
-You should be a voracious Upwork Proposal composer/bidder (Please no copy and paste proposals)
-You can think on your feet
-You have a 6th sense, to know when an opportunity is lurking
-You have ample time for this task
- Great work ethic and hardworking.
- You must know which niche sells/or is profitable: I'm not looking for a novice, but prefer an Upworker who have an Upwork profile in good standing.
- Please if you're not sincere, don't apply. This is a partnership that will be ultimately built on TRUST. I'll sure know one if I converse with you. Try me!

Kindly be in touch explaining how you can maximize this opportunity and explain your strategy(ies). I can't wait to share ideas with you. aprofessor@naij.com.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by nullboss: 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
twosquare:
Akiika.
What do you offer on upwork
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by twosquare(m): 9:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
keishik:
Actually, you are wrong. And emmaversity, don't take that information... Like samtobi said, they have, and I have people who have been affected by this. That it hasn't reached your side does not mean it's not happening. @Abiodun4038, they will eventually close your account because most appeal falls through.... Find another freelancing website or online business.

5 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 14, 2017
PAYPAL FUND NEEDED (BIG/SMALL)

Fiverr / Upwork withdrawal services available.

Instant payment is guaranteed. Let's deal.

Contact my siggy.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 9:23am On Aug 14, 2017
twosquare:
Actually, you are wrong. And emmaversity, don't take that information... Like samtobi said, they have, and I have people who have been affected by this. That it hasn't reached your side does not mean it's not happening. @Abiodun4038, they will eventually close your account because most appeal falls through.... Find another freelancing website or online business.
I don't know what you're on about but like I said, Upwork aren't shutting down accounts for being inactive in the span of a month. Believe what you like.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by twosquare(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2017
keishik:

I don't know what you're on about but like I said, Upwork aren't shutting down accounts for being inactive in the span of a month. Believe what you like.
I REPEAT, THEY ARE CLOSING ACCOUNTS... First is to put them account on hold, then if your appeal falls through, there's a permanent ban on it because you are inactive or not getting jobs. I'm not saying they will within a month, but they can. They do as they please.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 11:09am On Aug 14, 2017
twosquare:
I REPEAT, THEY ARE CLOSING ACCOUNTS... First is to put them account on hold, then if your appeal falls through, there's a permanent ban on it because you are inactive or not getting jobs. I'm not saying they will within a month, but they can. They do as they please.
You're actually not saying anything new. Everyone knows Upwork can shut accounts - they've being doing that for quite some time. I only made a post because someone said there was a supposedly new mandate to shut accounts for being inactive after 30 days. I thought that was an erroneous interpretation and attached a mail to prove it. If you want to say someone's "wrong" and continue saying so, perhaps you should have a reason for doing so.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by twosquare(m): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2017
keishik:
You're actually not saying anything new. Everyone knows Upwork can shut accounts - they've being doing that for quite some time. I only made a post because someone said there was a supposedly new mandate to shut accounts for being inactive after 30 days. I thought that was an erroneous interpretation and attached a mail to prove it. If you want to say someone's "wrong" and continue saying so, perhaps you should have a reason for doing so.
check samtobi's comment again....and read what you wrote. This was his comment at the bolded What I mean by that is they are set to deactivate the account of freelancers who have not been able to secure any contract in the last 30 days.

The reason for this, according to them, is to reduce the stiff competition on the platform. If you have been on the platform and have not been active, then it is time to buckle up and get some contract rolling before they lay a siege on it.

What you attached is just for September; I'm talking about what has been happening for 2 months plus now...and will still continue....
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 2:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
twosquare:
check samtobi's comment again....and read what you wrote. This was his comment at the bolded What I mean by that is they are set to deactivate the account of freelancers who have not been able to secure any contract in the last 30 days.

What you attached is just for September; I'm talking about what has been happening for 2 months plus now...and will still continue....

There's really no need for this back and forth. I'm going to paste Samtobi's comment again and urge you to pay attention to the tenses. He was clearly talking about some new policy supposed to come into effect soon. Your pride in maintaining your line of argument instead of owning up to misinterpreting both his comment and my response is totally needless.

samtobi:
Hi Guys,

how has it been? I hope your Upwork journey is a breeze

There is an Update from Upwork currently. They are about to close the accounts of Freelancers who have not been active on the platform. What I mean by that is they are set to deactivate the account of freelancers who have not been able to secure any contract in the last 30 days.

For those who have not been gaining access to the platform, accept my sympathy because Upwork is not going to take back their words. They are bent on reducing the number of freelancers to the number of available jobs.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by twosquare(m): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2017
keishik:

There's really no need for this back and forth. I'm going to paste Samtobi's comment again and urge you to pay attention to the tenses. He was clearly talking about some new policy supposed to come into effect soon. Your pride in maintaining your line of argument instead of owning up to misinterpreting both his comment and my response is totally needless.

You should know he just got a hold of it....there is no pride here bro....people on this thread have discussed this like 4, 5 pages away. you are saying nothing new.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 2:50pm On Aug 14, 2017
We BUY and SELL

√Paypal

√Skrill

√Bitcoin

√Neteller

√Payoneer

Fiverr,Upwork,iwriter and freelancer withdrawal services also available

.....instant payment and express funding guarantee.

Contact on the signature bellow
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 5:50am On Aug 15, 2017
Bring your PAYONEER FUNDS, Fiverr Withdrawals, BITCOIN with instant funding of Naira etc.

Minimum $100 and above..............................

Contact on my Signature. Tested and Trusted for years... wink wink
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Clone2020(m): 6:22am On Aug 15, 2017
Fiverr, Upwork, Elance and all PayPal withdrawals; @ Juicy Rates

Only withdrawing $100 and above

Confirmed best PayPal rate, don't let anyone cheat you!

My contact in signature
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by wman(m): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
Keishik, Samtobi is right.

Upwork sent me a mail this morning saying they have suspended my account indefinitely.

Less than 2 weeks ago, they sent me that mail about accounts not going to be visible in search results etc. Nothing about account suspension.

Now they've suspended my account.

I have at least 2 active contracts but they haven't given me any job in the last three months.

I have completed at least 7 contracts.

I thought I was immune to their suspension.

They said I have bid for many jobs without getting any which isn't true.

My 60 connects go to waste monthly.

One of my gigs made frontpage on Fiverr, so I have been very busy with Fiverr for the last 2 months. Hence, I hardly bid on Upwork.

I have only bid about two times in recent months.

Guys, what can I do to succesfully appeal my suspension?

Abeg, help a brother.

I get future plans for that account.

4 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by oladipupo2234: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2017
pcguru1:

Upwork is now shit all 10 dollars job for what

Am currently a content writer on Fiver, working for a friend who has an account with Fiver and Upwork. Although am just three months old into freelancing business; however, I have always been a content writer for the past two years. After working for this short period, which was very challenging and considering the low return I get, I had to stop working with the guy (Friend) last week. If you don't mind, we can rub minds together to build on your account and command good reward. am available for chat on 07033973947
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
oladipupo2234:

Am currently a content writer on Fiver, working for a friend who has an account with Fiver and Upwork. Although am just three months old into freelancing business; however, I have always been a content writer for the past two years. After working for this short period, which was very challenging and considering the low return I get, I had to stop working with the guy (Friend) last week. If you don't mind, we can rub minds together to build on your account and command good reward. am available for chat on 07033973947

My role on Up work is Software Engineering I only have one client and its only him I get jobs from we just use up works to do the payments
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Fingerprinter(m): 9:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
oladipupo2234:

I write on fiverr. And I am always overwhelmed with work. I reject lots of orders because I don't like accepting orders that I won't complete due to time constraints. We could work together to make small cash if you wish. Reach me on 07087845559 (please whatsapp only)
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by youngtrace: 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2017
Hello guys . I've read few pages of this thread and I must admit it's going to be I adventurous and interesting. pls I need someone to teach (guide) me. Whasapp me on +2347064774565. thanks
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 11:21am On Aug 16, 2017
pcguru1:

My role on Up work is Software Engineering I only have one client and its only him I get jobs from we just use up works to do the payments
That's the secret about upwork one geniue client! U Don blow.. .

You keep bidding until u find that client, but don't ask your client for payments outside upwork them go hammer ur account, speaking from experience!!

Still waiting for my new account to be approved like seriously upwork is getting tight everyday....but we go survive no matter what...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.