Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388714 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Zdoh(m): 5:57pm On Feb 17, 2018
ZIDOHEXCHANGE®

BUYING AND SELLING

**PAYONEER**

**PAYPAL**

**SKRILL**

**BITCOIN**

**NETELLER**

INSTANT exchange to
payment guarantee.

Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer and iwriter withdrawal services available @attractive rate

Call/Whatsapp....08088759163
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Fuhrerfran6(m): 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2018
Bevima:

Come to my WhatsApp
scam....please nobody should deal with this guy...check the exchange thread...he just scammed someone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Subudu(m): 9:02am On Feb 18, 2018
I need a writer to write an ebook of 2,000 words. I pay ₦1 per word. If you are available, contact me on whatsapp 07087845559
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 18, 2018
Has anyone ever paid premium fee for upworks am thinking of, so my profile can be activated. need some extra foreign cash and portfolio.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by matt2000: 11:08am On Feb 18, 2018
pls. brothers which skills do I need 2 learn b4 I get started ?

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by chloride6: 11:39am On Feb 18, 2018
pcguru1:
Has anyone ever paid premium fee for upworks am thinking of, so my profile can be activated. need some extra foreign cash and portfolio.

Just read this thread, you don't need anything else.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by teamb: 8:36am On Feb 19, 2018
NOW BUYING FIVERR FUND /PAYPAL@YOUR RATE....... INSTANT FUNDING

https:///send?phone=2348095451718

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by oylam(m): 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
I'm in need of writers ASAP.
Kindly contact me at timichoisaac@gmail.com
Abeg now.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Subudu(m): 10:37pm On Feb 22, 2018
oylam:
I'm in need of writers ASAP.
Kindly contact me at timichoisaac@gmail.com
Abeg now.

Please, help me with your grammarly login. I can pay you. I just need to use it to edit one job and you can change your password afterwards. Please!!!
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 11:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
Subudu:

Please, help me with your grammarly login. I can pay you. I just need to use it to edit one job and you can change your password afterwards. Please!!!

Can't you pay for your own subscription?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Subudu(m): 12:15am On Feb 23, 2018
stagger:

Can't you pay for your own subscription?
Even though I can afford $129 to pay for one year, but there is still no harm in trying to get something cheaper.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Jiteshell(f): 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2018
So I'm about to set up local bank transfer, I have a question though. On Upwork, I only have my first and last name but on my bank account I have first, middle and last. How should I set this up? Will adding a middle name to the bank account bit affect my account?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by benebaby77: 9:34pm On Feb 25, 2018
Jiteshell:
So I'm about to set up local bank transfer, I have a question though. On Upwork, I only have my first and last name but on my bank account I have first, middle and last. How should I set this up? Will adding a middle name to the bank account bit affect my account?

It won't
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by justi4jesu(f): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2018
Bring all Paypal Withdrawals & BITCOIN
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Durosure(m): 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2018
Avoid unnecessary Transaction Charges, use our paypal invoice Payment options to receive money from clients today and save yourself another 2O% TRANSACTION CHARGE
Whatsapp me for more information on this deals...

BRING ALL YOUR PAYONEER, FIVERR PAYPAL WITHDRAWAL, ITUNES & AMAZON gift cards AND BTC we buy at good rates. rate

Am available for fiverr Paypal Withdrawal

$100 - $499usd i change AT #3**/usd

$500 - $5000 i change @ #330/usd

PAYONEER FUNDs - 50 at @ 345/usd

I buy iTunes gift card from 10usd @250/usd...
Ebay checkouts available, payment on taobao and other Chinese websites are also available.
RMB is also available at 5*/rmb Bulk buyer.

Call/Whatsapp...0..7..0.. 6..0..7..2 ..7..6..7..2.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by bamblow(m): 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2018
Anyone who has a link to a telegram or whatsapp upwork group here? Please drop it
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 4:21am On Mar 01, 2018
Gys, is it possible for a Nigerian Upwork account to get accepted? I have tried repeatedly changing my skills, but they are still rejecting my application. I want to know if I should give up entirely or if there is a chance of getting accepted.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 4:31am On Mar 01, 2018
daveo1:
Hey, I am David...

This is a personal opinion, but I think Nigerians are facing so many challenges in the online space, most of which we have decided to amplify by ourselves and our actions.

I also think we (freelancers) are being chased up and down by administrators of these sites because we have chosen to do things the easy way, which is as a result of our smart nature as Nigerians.

I think it is possible to open an upwork account with Nigerian details and get accepted (even if it might be hellish to do so), but as Nigerians, we hardly want to attempt it over and over again till we get it right, when we can get an easier version with some of the steps listed on this thread.

I am a graphics designer (a very good one at that), but I have been rejected by upwork about two times over, because maybe I was not through with my approach, but going through the few pages of this thread, I lkke to assume that it is very possible to be accepted into upwork with entire Nigerian details.

If there is anyone that has had success at this, signify, and give us your working methods so Nigerians would have a clean alternative to getting approved on that platform, and clear some of this bad air hovering around the Nigerian tag name on the internet.

I need to make some freelance money too...

Help a brother. My pidgin tight die, aspa edo boy wey I be... Lol just help. Let's be clean with this approach.

No matter how they try to position it, setting the bar incredibly high for Nigerians is bare-faced discrimination. Not just discrimination based on nationality but also racial discrimination. I wonder why a company would look at the mass of the largest collection of black people in the world (170 million strong), and decide that no good can come out of the country.

Bloody racists!!! They have no right!!! As if their success as white people wasn't because they enslaved black people and exploited our resources through colonialism. Useless people.

I'll probably send this to their support team so they'll know how racists they are!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 4:34am On Mar 01, 2018
victor101:

Hey! stop this rubbish you're doing. Don't post such on this thread again!!
So, they guy is scam sad sad sad And I was thinking of using his services.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 4:35am On Mar 01, 2018
emmdam:
Upwork Profile Not Approved After Multiple Attempts? I Can Help to Set Up an Approved Upwork Profile of Any Country and for Any Category & Skills Within 48 Hours.

To get started, kindly message me via emmdamlaw @ g m a i l . c o m OR

WhatsApp Only > > > +2 3 4 7 0 3 8 4 0 7 0 4 2

Don’t miss out on this golden opportunity that can change your story of struggle to a success story for lifetime!

And if you want that massive income from premium clients, Act now!

You are required to pay the service fee which is available in my signature and non-negotiable after you receive a confirmation email of profile approval from Upwork in order to claim the full ownership of your Upwork account (PAYMENT AFTER COMPLETE SERVICE DELIVERY).

Service Bonus: FREE Premium tips to succeed on Upwork beyond your imagination and prompt response to FREE mentorship.

TOS apply

#SayNoToUnemploymentWithTheSkillsYouHaveGotToOffer

#BePartOfUpworkSuccessStories

Bro, they said you're a scammer... can you defend yourself??
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello Fam, has anyone withdrawn money via Payoneer lately? I learnt they've been deactivating the "send money" function for some users. Would anyone know if Upwork users were affected? Secondly has anyone used the Paypal Upwork withdrawal in Nigeria? I'm thinking of channelling my funds through it for my next withdrawal. Any downsides besides the obvious marginally lower exchange rate?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2018
olyrayy:

No matter how they try to position it, setting the bar incredibly high for Nigerians is bare-faced discrimination. Not just discrimination based on nationality but also racial discrimination. I wonder why a company would look at the mass of the largest collection of black people in the world (170 million strong), and decide that no good can come out of the country.

Bloody racists!!! They have no right!!! As if their success as white people wasn't because they enslaved black people and exploited our resources through colonialism. Useless people.

I'll probably send this to their support team so they'll know how racists they are!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

Methinks you're being paranoid. I don't think anyone has singled out Nigerians to be discriminated against but rather, the site is wisely trying to manage the population of freelancers it has to make the site a reasonable workplace for both lancers and clients. I for one registered with my full Nigerian details about a year ago and got approved with zero fuss. But times have changed and there has to be a workable balance. I have a friend who's a Chartered Accountant living in Canada that tried to register and got rejected. You just have to look at Freelancer.com to understand what I mean. Within two minutes of making a job post on Freelancer, you'd have at the very least, 50 (I'm not exaggerating) applications from mostly Indians and Pakistani's. It's not just the overwhelming number of applications but the fact that 97% of the applications will come from India and Pakistan and it's stifling talent from lesser populated regions. I bet if Upwork were to be left open, we'd stand no chance against the Indians and Pakistanis who are undoubtedly skilled in various fields. Quora is currently facing similar problems with Indians and Indian topics overwhelmingly dominating discussions as a result of what can best be described as patriotic Upvotes. I believe the need to strike a balance between the number of job seekers and ensuring a healthy spread of applicants is what's behind Upwork's now more frequent rejections. If you can't find your way in, you just need to find a way to deal with it. This chant of racism is becoming stale.

7 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2018
keishik:

Methinks you're being paranoid. I don't think anyone has singled out Nigerians to be discriminated against but rather, the site is wisely trying to manage the population of freelancers it has to make the site a reasonable workplace for both lancers and clients. I for one registered with my full Nigerian details about a year ago and got approved with zero fuss. But times have changed and there has to be a workable balance. I have a friend who's a Chartered Accountant living in Canada that tried to register and got rejected. You just have to look at Freelancer.com to understand what I mean. Within two minutes of making a job post on Freelancer, you'd have at the very least, 50 (I'm not exaggerating) applications from mostly Indians and Pakistani's. It's not just the overwhelming number of applications but the fact that 97% of the applications will come from India and Pakistan and it's stifling talent from lesser populated regions. I bet if Upwork were to be left open, we'd stand no chance against the Indians and Pakistanis who are undoubtedly skilled in various fields. Quora is currently facing similar problems with Indians and Indian topics overwhelmingly dominating discussions as a result of what can best be described as patriotic Upvotes. I believe the need to strike a balance between the number of job seekers and ensuring a healthy spread of applicants is what's behind Upwork's now more frequent rejections. If you can't find your way in, you just need to find a way to deal with it. This chant of racism is becoming stale.
My allegations of discrimination might be unfounded, I'll try registering with a foreign profile using the same account details to see if they are truly discriminating against Nigerians. I'll get back to you with my findings. Discrimination means that human beings are not being treated equally.

Regardless of a person's country of origin or his skin color, if he is rejected because of his country of origin, discounting the skill he has to offer, then it's discrimination.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2018
keishik:
Hello Fam, has anyone withdrawn money via Payoneer lately? I learnt they've been deactivating the "send money" function for some users. Would anyone know if Upwork users were affected? Secondly has anyone used the Paypal Upwork withdrawal in Nigeria? I'm thinking of channelling my funds through it for my next withdrawal. Any downsides besides the obvious marginally lower exchange rate?
If you use Payoneer, try using Sendvalu.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by keishik: 4:18am On Mar 02, 2018
olyrayy:

If you use Payoneer, try using Sendvalu.
Just hearing about this for the first time and I just checked out their site, looks good. What are their rates and how do they operate? Do I get to receive via my local bank account or some other means? How about time lag? Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 6:32am On Mar 02, 2018
keishik:

Just hearing about this for the first time and I just checked out their site, looks good. What are their rates and how do they operate? Do I get to receive via my local bank account or some other means? How about time lag? Thanks.
You can use your Mastercard to pay, even PayPal. But, your first transaction might be delayed for about 3 days because you will have to provide some identification documents. If you are stuck at any point, you can contact support. You will also receive the money in your local bank account.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Seylad2009(m): 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2018
Check my profile if you need Grammarly Premium Account.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stagger: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2018
olyrayy:

Forget this stuff you are talking. What is more racist than going to get work in Nigeria and being told "you are not an indigene of this place so you cannot be employed here?"

Or being told you cannot gain admission to a university because you are not an indigene? Or going to the National Emergency Management Agency headquarters and the official language in that place is Hausa? In a federal parastatal that is to respect Federal Character?

There is no racism you will experience elsewhere that is worse than the INDIGENOUS RACISM as practiced right here in Nigeria. So stop whining about Upwork and their people. There was a time Nigerians were not even allowed to register a profile there, talk less of getting it approved.

Racism is everywhere. It is here in Naija and every other place. Deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by olyrayy(m): 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2018
stagger:

Forget this stuff you are talking. What is more racist than going to get work in Nigeria and being told "you are not an indigene of this place so you cannot be employed here?"

Or being told you cannot gain admission to a university because you are not an indigene? Or going to the National Emergency Management Agency headquarters and the official language in that place is Hausa? In a federal parastatal that is to respect Federal Character?

There is no racism you will experience elsewhere that is worse than the INDIGENOUS RACISM as practiced right here in Nigeria. So stop whining about Upwork and their people. There was a time Nigerians were not even allowed to register a profile there, talk less of getting it approved.

Racism is everywhere. It is here in Naija and every other place. Deal with it.
I think it's easier for you "insiders" to easily scoff at an outsider's lament about discrimination. After all, you're already enjoying the proceeds. The fact that there is discrimination everywhere doesn't negate the fact that it is morally unjustifiable.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by sammirano: 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2018
daveo1:
Hey, I am David...

This is a personal opinion, but I think Nigerians are facing so many challenges in the online space, most of which we have decided to amplify by ourselves and our actions.

I also think we (freelancers) are being chased up and down by administrators of these sites because we have chosen to do things the easy way, which is as a result of our smart nature as Nigerians.

I think it is possible to open an upwork account with Nigerian details and get accepted (even if it might be hellish to do so), but as Nigerians, we hardly want to attempt it over and over again till we get it right, when we can get an easier version with some of the steps listed on this thread.

I am a graphics designer (a very good one at that), but I have been rejected by upwork about two times over, because maybe I was not through with my approach, but going through the few pages of this thread, I lkke to assume that it is very possible to be accepted into upwork with entire Nigerian details.

If there is anyone that has had success at this, signify, and give us your working methods so Nigerians would have a clean alternative to getting approved on that platform, and clear some of this bad air hovering around the Nigerian tag name on the internet.

I need to make some freelance money too...

Help a brother. My pidgin tight die, aspa edo boy wey I be... Lol just help. Let's be clean with this approach.

I actually have both Nigerian and US account activated on upwork.
This is the secret of upwork I am giving freely, because I have also learn alot on this platform.
Upwork requires genuinty, starting from your IP location, to ur description, let your description be perfect with no Grammer error or wotever. Fill all required fileds appropriately.
Take the test even while waiting apporoval; it shows you are serious.
Don't forget your profile pix give it the best.

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by stlarry001(m): 4:46am On Mar 03, 2018
Jiteshell:

It is possible, mine is like that too

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.