Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. - Business (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. (388221 Views)

7 Must-have Qualities If You Want To Succeed In Any Online Business / 7 Ultimate Ways To Succeed In Your Online Business!!!!! / Withdraw From Fiverr, Paypal, Upwork, Freelancer, Elance, With Confidence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
Exoticstan:
There's one thing I've learnt about freelancing, and from top freelancers like Stagger. They will come for you whether you are from Nigeria or from Kuvukiland as long as you know your stuff really well. So using the US as your nationality merely gives you transient advantages.

Between September 25th and October 10th, I received 26 invitations to job of which I rejected about a dozen which I was either not interested in or didn't match my skills. Western clients will always come for you when you have a lot of 5 star reviews, 100% Job Success Score and rapid response rate. And yes, they even give bonuses too.

So keep a really appealing profile, do aneat job, and watch them come for you. Be successful!!!

Truly!

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tonyx4x44(m): 9:36am On Oct 16, 2016
Exoticstan:
There's one thing I've learnt about freelancing, and from top freelancers like Stagger. They will come for you whether you are from Nigeria or from Kuvukiland as long as you know your stuff really well. So using the US as your nationality merely gives you transient advantages.

Between September 25th and October 10th, I received 26 invitations to job of which I rejected about a dozen which I was either not interested in or didn't match my skills. Western clients will always come for you when you have a lot of 5 star reviews, 100% Job Success Score and rapid response rate. And yes, they even give bonuses too.

So keep a really appealing profile, do aneat job, and watch them come for you. Be successful!!!

Very true. I never had used the Canadian account I opened. Flying my Nigerian flag like kilode

cool

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by completey(f): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
kentochi:
long time ma
Welcome back sir. it has really been a long time. How is life generally?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by completey(f): 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
double post
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kentochi(m): 4:26pm On Oct 16, 2016
completey:

Welcome back sir. it has really been a long time. How is life generally?
we are good dear you still hear from our scammer Lagtech
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 5:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
samtobi:
Victor 101, I'd like to thank you for opening this thread. You made us know about Upwork. GOD BLESS YOU!. You have contributed in curbing unemployment in Nigeria through your selfless attitude. I know there are some people in this thread who have stock up a lot of info that would have been a blessing to all, but they will want to kip it to themselves. But you were not like that. You introduce a platform that has changed so many lives. I'm a serving corper: I know what I'm saying. I'd have been among the wagon that'd have been waiting for white colar jobs, but that ain't happening. So, Victor, and Venzal keep up the good work!
#Dope comment Eva... Victor is from Zion...they are live changer..I follow this threads from the beginning had a fight with stagger but today here we are enjoying Upwork...Dude this thread is a live changer and I am a living testimony....#Big up Victor...#Big up all dedicated up workers in the house...

2 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by tbliss22(m): 6:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
3RNEST:

#Dope comment Eva... Victor is from Zion...they are live changer..I follow this threads from the beginning had a fight with stagger but today here we are enjoying Upwork...Dude this thread is a live changer and I am a living testimony....#Big up Victor...#Big up all dedicated up workers in the house...

I know I will share my own testimony soon on upwork, fiverr has been my domain but for upwork I have been bidding like seriously but no offer yet.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by completey(f): 10:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
kentochi:

we are good dear you still hear from our scammer Lagtech

Not at all. Except for an email he sent a couple of months ago, saying he' ll send some laptops for people to pick from Jimmy as compensation.

I ignored the message cause I know it was a false hope as usual. Since then there has been no news.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by kentochi(m): 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
completey:

Not at all. Except for an email he sent a couple of months ago, saying he' ll send some laptops for people to pick from Jimmy as compensation.

I ignored the message cause I know it was a false hope as usual. Since then there has been no news.
he may be in jail now who knows
i lost your contact will like to chat with you on phone.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by completey(f): 11:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
kentochi:
he may be in jail now who knows i lost your contact will like to chat with you on phone.
check my signature.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by ibroxworl1(m): 1:05am On Oct 17, 2016
Wazzaowner:
If u on Upwork with a US userid if u dont wanna waste ur tyme after earning a lot of money u wl end up losing everything. Cos dis new US tax verification is unbreakable.. Its better u leave d account in peace and open another..

You can get EIN for free from elfqrin dot com.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 2:18am On Oct 17, 2016
tbliss22:

I know I will share my own testimony soon on upwork, fiverr has been my domain but for upwork I have been bidding like seriously but no offer yet.
Upwork is hardwork no doubt...and not $5 thinqz like fiverr...

Your proposal format brings u client with a mind blowing profile....
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by SRK1(m): 8:06am On Oct 17, 2016
Hello.

I need someone to order my Fiverr gig and leave a 5-star review. I will pay you the Naira equivalent of $5 and at a good rate. I could also introduce you to some very profitable investments.

Thank you.

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by frankmoney(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2016
Following
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by jennii(f): 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2016
Exoticstan:

Yeah but how do you even prove the quality of work you're capable of doing if no one has given you a chance. I've been on Upwork since July and I haven't even got one job yet. Although I've received 2 invitations but I had to decline cos they were not my skill set. While I started getting jobs on truelancer almost immediately after I registered. I wish I know what I'm doing wrong on Upwork.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2016
jennii:

Yeah but how do you even prove the quality of work you're capable of doing if no one has given you a chance. I've been on Upwork since July and I haven't even got one job yet. Although I've received 2 invitations but I had to decline cos they were not my skill set. While I started getting jobs on truelancer almost immediately after I registered. I wish I know what I'm doing wrong on Upwork.
Upwork you work for order
Truelancer na order go dey find u...
but sincerely I think your skill work for you..
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Exoticstan(m): 10:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
jennii:

Please note, be it a consolation or something, that even the most successful of freelancers can at times be without jobs for one reason or another. This is most common when they niche down really well. In comparing Upwork to Truelancer, you need to understand that the latter has mostly Indian freelancers who are on par with Nigerians especially in written English. However, Upwork is poised to be a more "professional" platform. That's why things are tougher there.

I suggest you hunt for very little jobs, even if the pay is ridiculously low. For instance, had you done one or two $2 jobs since July, by now you should have a Job Success Score and some positive reviews which are common with small paying jobs. Use the search function to filter these peanut jobs. I'm hopeful you will find some stingy Indians who would want to take advantage of you.

5 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by TruthMustBeTold: 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
Hello, are you an avid writer? I mean can you write unique blog articles of 400 words every weekday(Mon-Fri) for a top blog in Canada? at a near native English level? If so then read on,,blog posts are on android and you will be given specific website to source your content from. Plagiarism isn't allowed as the client has already given me access to his copyscape account already. Blog posts are in two phases. The first 200 words blog post will be delivered in d morning while d second 200 words blog posts will be delivered in the afternoon US time. This is a long term job and the pay is $60. Send me a pm and i will reply u immediately. Thanks.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by hometutorslagos: 12:27am On Oct 18, 2016
Hello, are you an avid writer? I mean can you write uique blog articles of 400 words every weekday(Mon-Fri) for a top blog in Canada? at a near native English level? If so then read on,,blog posts are on android and you will be given specific website to source your content from. Plagiarism isn't allowed as the client has already given me access to his copyscape account already. Blog posts are in two phases.
Hello, I sent a pm already. amancyn @ yahoo dot co dot uk. Kindly ignore the spaces.
Hope to hear from you.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by hometutorslagos: 12:28am On Oct 18, 2016
TruthMustBeTold:
Hello, are you an avid writer? I mean can you write unique blog articles of 400 words every weekday(Mon-Fri) for a top blog in Canada? at a near native English level? If so then read on,,blog posts are on android and you will be given specific website to source your content from. Plagiarism isn't allowed as the client has already given me access to his copyscape account already. Blog posts are in two phases. The first 200 words blog post will be delivered in d morning while d second 200 words blog posts will be delivered in the afternoon US time. This is a long term job and the pay is $60. Send me a pm and i will reply u immediately. Thanks.
amancyn @ yahoo dot co dot uk
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by adedolapo4(m): 7:32am On Oct 18, 2016
TruthMustBeTold:

Already sent you a pm.
*modified*
TruthMustBeTold
Please here's my address: 1oguade@gmail.com
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by hometutorslagos: 11:13am On Oct 18, 2016
TruthMustBeTold:
Hello, I got your message. You need to follow back for easy communication
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by delishpot: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
I stumbled on this group yesterday and it re kindled my hope because I applied for 2 jobs so far and did not get called.
I just resolved to keep faith and not give up and today I got a message asking if I was still interested. So we exchanged messages and glad to say I got the job. All things been equal, I will make a tidy sum at the end of the project. At least for a starter.

Thanks to all the guidance I got from here.

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by victor101(m): 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Is about time we start collecting tithes/donations/or remittances on this thread, I'm of the thought we could donate this funds to any orphanage home. Who's with me on this? We should give to the less privilege. So we can have a committee, who will oversee the process. I don't need to be part of the committee. We just need sincere and like-minds. I'll be glad to hear all your thoughts..

Shalom!
Victor.
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Tolzeal(m): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
victor101:
Is about time we start collecting tithes/donations/or remittances on this thread, I'm of the thought we should donate this funds to any orphanage home. Who's with me on this? I feel we should give to the less privilege. So we can have a committee, who will oversee the process. I don't need to be part of the committee. I just need sincere and like-minds. I'll be glad to hear all your thoughts..

Shalom!
Victor.

I think this a great idea... we hardly pay Tax on money earned online.

It will serve as a means of giving back to the community.
I accept bro
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by teejaypee: 5:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tolzeal:

I think this a great idea... we hardly pay Tax on money earned online.

It will serve as a means of giving back to the community.
I accept bro
I think the best thing is to teach serious ones how to fish and not always giving them fish, lotta people want to make money with their skills but the resources are not available...

victor101, that is a nice idea you've got smiley
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Tolzeal(m): 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2016
teejaypee:

I think the best thing is to teach serious ones how to fish and not always giving them fish, lotta people want to make money with their skills but the resources are not available...

victor101, that is a nice idea you've got smiley

The resources are here... it's been set for people to follow..

The problem is 90% will read and won't take action .... 6 % will try and only 4% will be hitting it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by teejaypee: 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tolzeal:

The resources are here... it's been set for people to follow..

The problem is 90% will read and won't take action .... 6 % will try and only 4% will be hitting it...
what about those who have neither smartphone nor PC?
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
SRK1:
Hello.

I need someone to order my Fiverr gig and leave a 5-star review. I will pay you the Naira equivalent of $5 and at a good rate. I could also introduce you to some very profitable investments.

Thank you.

am interested
Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 8:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
victor101:
Is about time we start collecting tithes/donations/or remittances on this thread, I'm of the thought we could donate this funds to any orphanage home. Who's with me on this? We should give to the less privilege. So we can have a committee, who will oversee the process. I don't need to be part of the committee. We just need sincere and like-minds. I'll be glad to hear all your thoughts..

Shalom!
Victor.
You need to head the team, create a donation thread and we will back you up...We have a skrill/PayPal account specially for the donation..when its okay u withdraw to Naira then find an orphanage home to give it to them come back to thread and post picture of the event on the thread...#DONATION bring open doors..who's with me??

1 Like

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by Exoticstan(m): 12:28am On Oct 19, 2016
3RNEST:

You need to head the team, create a donation thread and we will back you up...We have a skrill/PayPal account specially for the donation..when its okay u withdraw to Naira then find an orphanage home to give it to them come back to thread and post picture of the event on the thread...#DONATION bring open doors..who's with me??
I'm feeling this. But not necessarily or only orphanages. Giving back to our world can be done in several ways. I believe investment in youths will prove even more meaningful. As a university student myself, I know what it will mean to coach new student freelancers. That's more than giving them money.

3 Likes

Re: Elance.com, Upwork.com And Other Freelancing Site: How To Succeed Guide. by 3RNEST(m): 7:39am On Oct 19, 2016
Exoticstan:
I'm feeling this. But not necessarily or only orphanages. Giving back to our world can be done in several ways. I believe investment in youths will prove even more meaningful. As a university student myself, I know what it will mean to coach new student freelancers. That's more than giving them money.
True talk but u refuse to coach me lolzz

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (190) (Reply)

Youwin Business Competition 2013 / Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.