Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? (6066 Views)

9 Facts About Agbalumo (African-Star-Apple) / Five Unbelievable Nutrional & Health Benefits Of African Cherry (agbalumo) / What Is Agbalumo Called In English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:18am On Apr 08, 2009
Can I order them online? A store that sells it?

I'll do anything to taste the sweet juice of agabalumo again tongue
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Sissy3(f): 9:53am On Apr 08, 2009
what is agabalumo?

explain maybe i could have the answer tongue
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Badriyyah(f): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2009
Is it the native cherry?lol
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 08, 2009
~Sissy~:

what is agabalumo?

explain maybe i could have the answer tongue
Badriyyah:

Is it the native cherry?lol
LOL, I really dnt know. . . .it has no seed in it, usually sour tongue

Lemme find a pix wink
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Hauwa1: 5:09pm On Apr 08, 2009
those ones with green tops no sweet (pix). agbalu is only sweet during the raining season. sorry i don't think you can find it where you are.

i like udara too but sweet ones. i don't like my jaws going into frenzy.
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

those ones with green tops no sweet (pix). agbalu is only sweet during the raining season. sorry i don't think you can find it where you are.

i like udara too but sweet ones. i don't like my jaws going into frenzy.

For real?
That suks for me. . . .this was my cake back in the days.

What's Udara?
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2009
look for maggots and eat them

same thing
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

look for maggots and eat them

same thing
nawa o. . . those things are good sha. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Turns to gum after a long chew grin grin
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by tpia: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2009
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Badriyyah(f): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

nawa o. . . those things are good sha. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Turns to gum after a long chew grin grin

Ah, brings back memories, lol.
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by MrCrackles(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2009
Toyin you are so jobless nowadays, even your posts reeks of it! angry grin
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 08, 2009
MrCrackles:

Toyin you are so jobless nowadays, even your posts reeks of it! angry grin
Stalking is joblessness, just incase you don't know angry grin

Badriyyah:

Ah, brings back memories, lol.
abi o.

No mind TOH, she missed a whole childhood of eating agbalumo with the local kids cheesy cheesy
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Hauwa1: 9:21pm On Apr 08, 2009
but true they do have worms (tiny bitty little suckers) around the top. esp those without the little stalk (opening around the top)

does anyone of you know iyeye? am not sure if it the spelling. it is a sour, yellowish and not too round fruit, so small.
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

but true they do have worms (tiny bitty little suckers) around the top. esp those without the little stalk (opening around the top)

does anyone of you know iyeye? am not sure if it the spelling. it is a sour, yellowish and not too round fruit, so small.
Yea, they have the white stuff at the tip, but I've never witnessed any worm o.
Maybe because we buy them from those Hausa sellers in Lagos.

Iyeye? nope. . . .is it the one with the pink stuff and yellowish seed inside?
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by blacksta(m): 9:43pm On Apr 09, 2009
I remember when you chew it and it turns to chewing gum
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Badriyyah(f): 8:47am On Apr 11, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Iyeye? nope. . . .is it the one with the pink stuff and yellowish seed inside?

I remember a fruit that was pink inside, But had black skin. Gosh, I can't remember the name. I used to love it.
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 11, 2009
Badriyyah:

I remember a fruit that was pink inside, But had black skin. Gosh, I can't remember the name. I used to love it.
rotflmao. . . .I def wasn't talking abt that one. grin grin
Black skin ke? shocked shocked

I'm talking abt the one with the lemon color skin
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Badriyyah(f): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

rotflmao. . . .I def wasn't talking abt that one. grin grin
Black skin ke? shocked shocked

I'm talking abt the one with the lemon color skin

lol, The skin was hard, you had to break it off, and it was always bought in a large bunch, Damn, I can't remember but it was really nice.
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Agbele1(m): 12:56am On Apr 12, 2009
it can only be found in nigeria.
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by amebono13: 4:10am On Apr 15, 2009
the last time i checked, udara is the same thing as agbalumo

how i miss agbalumo sad
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by velmaN(f): 9:11am On May 01, 2009
does anyone of you know iyeye? am not sure if it the spelling. it is a sour, yellowish and not too round fruit, so small

I sure remember Iyeye, did not really like it though cos somtimes it is really sour. agbalumo was one good one especially if u lay ur hands on the sweet ones.
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 10:29am On May 02, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Can I order them online? A store that sells it?

I'll do anything to taste the sweet juice of agabalumo again tongue
Now that its obvious its not obtainable,why dont u start the biz?
Toyin &wild cherrries,Florida tongue . . . .methinks it wud be profitable.
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by FLGators1: 3:45am On May 03, 2009
@Ifyalways

And you'd be my store manager abi? grin grin
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by rec123: 10:31pm On May 06, 2009
i miss agbalumo also, we use to see who chew the skin and make it turn into gum first, whenever i go home to visit it not in season. im going to have to plan to go during the rainy season, lol
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by lukn4homes2wrck: 5:13am On Jan 06, 2015
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by CHPR: 1:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
YOU CAN GET IT IN GHANA cool
Re: Where Can One Get Agbalumo Out Of Nigeria? by Ladytemi(f): 10:47pm On Jan 07, 2015
I love it too but its not something that those of us outside of naija can get our hands on. Plan a trip home during the rainy season.

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Get Starch And Banga Soup / Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! / See The Beautiful Fruit I Discovered Today (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.