Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! (6072 Views)

JAMAL'S Special Abuja: This Small Joint Probably Sells The Best Shawarma / I Was Served Groundnuts, Garden Egg, Coke, Sweet At A Wedding Today Pics / Who Sells The Best Shawarma In Benin City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! by LEGSTRONG(m): 1:48am On Feb 01, 2016
On friday the 29th of January I walked into The Best Shawarma on Randle avenue ,Surulere outlet to purchase the Shawarma snack.
My wife introduced me to eating Shawarma while we were courting. She would always want me to get her the snack from the Shawarma outlet on Akerele street.
Years later I discovered " the Best Shawarma" and I tell you I fell in love with their recipe and once in a while would pop in to buy the snack on my way from work.
On that day I walked in and ordered for 3 pieces of Chicken + 2Hotdog Sharwarma which is number 6 on their menu I ordered it with special specification ( 2 with Little pepper and 1 Normal pepper). I was asked to wait in their diner as usual and pay when it is ready.
Within 8 minutes I was called upon to pick my sizzling hot Sharwama I could wait to get home and relish the snack.
As I got home I handed one to my wife and pounced on one myself.
Halfway into the Snack I noticed there was no chicken Just cabbage and I could only see one hot-dog that I had bitten to half. I felt maybe I had eaten the entire other hotdog and crumbs of chicken usually there. It was very tasty so I continued but to suit my curiosity I quickly asked my wife how many Hot dog she had and if she had chicken she answered that she had 1 Hot dog and a small piece and No chicken just the usual Shawarma paste and cabbage.
I felt very bad and to confirm we opened the last Shawarma and on it was exactly the same: NO CHICKEN , AND 1 FULL HOT DOG AND A SMALL PIECE was served for CHICKEN AND 2PIECE HOT DOG SHARWARMA and the price of 1k each.

The next day i went by there to make the complaint and demanded to speak with the most senior person on duty. While there I noticed the small pieces of Hot dog placed along with the full size ones on the heating place from where they are portioned.

The manager on duty said that could not have happened but that I should not be offended that it will not happen again. To me that was a very stupid and selfish way to palliate an aggrieved customer who trusted a service provider to provide value for money. As it was clear that it is the practice on a daily basis and unsuspecting customers are being deceived and Scammed.

PLEASE BEWARE OF BEST SHAWARMA , Only GOD knows how else they are cutting corners to make a kill !!!
Re: Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 01, 2016
Listen ehn, next time, buy the ingredients and do it yourself. Season the chicken to ur taste, put as many chicken pieces as you please, put as many Satis sausage as you please not the cheap one these guys use, and then place it in a sandwich maker or wrap it in foil and put in the oven.

If you want something done properly, DIY.
Re: Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! by matrix199(m): 5:08am On Feb 01, 2016
Since you and your wife failed to realise the health risk of eating too much of these stuff, the eatery took it upon itself to limit your rations. They did you a favour.

#eatresponsibly#

BTW, what does your wife weigh?

3 Likes

Re: Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! by Nobody: 5:56am On Feb 01, 2016
Don't mind the poster above me, eat whatever suits your lifestyle, abeg. Just pardon them this once,and if repeated...you can always get a mouth watering Shawarma at Shoprite or Leisure mall... still at Surulere.
Re: Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! by nikkyshyne(f): 10:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Well, I have never experienced such. Still had my delicious shawarma from them yesterday. You prolly was unlucky. One of those things. 'Best shawarma" serves the best shawarma in Lagos as far as I am concerned. No vex biko.

1 Like

Re: Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! by Remi(m): 11:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
nikkyshyne:
Well, I have never experienced such. Still had my delicious shawarma from them yesterday. You prolly was unlucky. One of those things. 'Best shawarma" serves the best shawarma in Lagos as far as I am concerned. No vex biko.

I have to agree with nikkyshyne, the reviews on our restaurant review site (ofadaa.com) also suggests Best Shawarma in Surulere is one of the best Shawarma joints in Lagos. Hope it works out well next time

1 Like

Re: Beware !!!!! I Was Scammed By "Best Shawarma" Randle Surulere !!! by udysweet(f): 5:21pm On Feb 06, 2016
Akerele? Please were on Akerele is it located? I know one at Ogunlana drive before you get to bus corner(am not a sharwarma fan but fell in love with theirs)I think it has Southern in its names. The fact dat I get to have enof pepper added jus incase I want to get nauseous(I be bush woman pardon me,lol)and I prefer d chicken own wit double sausages.
@Matrix199,dat was a sarcastic comment coming from you. Der are beta ways u can drive home ur point mbok(my two cents tho)since ur a health proffessional and prolly trying to mak dem knw d implication. Cheating is Cheating abeg!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Carton Of Turkey, Price Pls / Hw Much Is A Bag Of Garri, Beans, Semo, Elubo, Rice & Veg Oil(25kg) In 9ja Now? / Teach Me How To Prepare Okpa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.