Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Is This An 8-Flats/4 Story Building? Just Curious - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This An 8-Flats/4 Story Building? Just Curious (973 Views)

8 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Construction In Awkunanaw Enugu / Building A Block Of 8 Flats Of 2 Bedrooms In Enugu. / Can 15 Million Naira Finish A Block Of 8 Flats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This An 8-Flats/4 Story Building? Just Curious by promise72(m): 6:38am On Apr 08, 2009
I ran across this flat in the travel section picture of Lagos. It looks like 8 flat building to me. I hope i am not mistaking. Will love the imputs of the architects in the house to comment on this.

Will also love more designs like this. Will like to see that layout of this building or similar please

Thanks a lot.

Re: Is This An 8-Flats/4 Story Building? Just Curious by jazzsoul: 5:24pm On Apr 08, 2009
Where will the residents of this complex park their cars? I have observed that parking garages are an after thought for most Nigerian home designs. The lands tend to be just big enough for the building without regard for adequate parking or landscapping.
Re: Is This An 8-Flats/4 Story Building? Just Curious by promise72(m): 3:21am On Apr 09, 2009
jazzsoul:

Where will the residents of this complex park their cars? I have observed that parking garages are an after thought for most Nigerian home designs. The lands tend to be just big enough for the building without regard for adequate parking or landscapping.

If this is a 8 flats of 3BR, that will mean a potential of at least 8cars up to 16cars (if 2 cars/flat). Thats a lot of cars without adequate parking. What i think can be done is make the bottom floor open with only pillars (like some office complex here in the US. ) That will be for parking and can actually give the building an "open" or "roomier" feel to it.

Still waiting for the architects in the house.
Re: Is This An 8-Flats/4 Story Building? Just Curious by oladcity(m): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2009
If you take a very good look at the structure, you will see that there is good parking space for atleast 10 vehicles there
Re: Is This An 8-Flats/4 Story Building? Just Curious by grandstar(m): 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2009
Town planners here are not doing their jobs!

Many properties here do not have enough parking. You see skyscrapers with insufficient outdoor parking and virtually no indoor or underground parking! Its scandalous.

Instead of a parking space, what youn have are bribes to officials who should really know better! Its scandalous.

Many estate surveyors like myself are stressed when out clients like a building but complain of guess what?

The building probably has 8 flats.

I know an architect down here who can help you.

You can reach me on 08033472004 if you are interested

(1) (Reply)

Thinking Of Relocating To Ikorodu / 3 Nos Of 2bedrm Flat Aprtment In Mende Maryland, For Letting / Poly Nekede, Owerri Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.