Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,663 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. (1848 Views)

Oritsefemi Ft. Lil Kesh – Ireti (audio) / Vector Replies M.I For Dissing Nigerian Rappers In His Song (video) / Nigerian Rappers In Nigeria Should Be Scared Of This Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by ndnuray(m): 8:56pm On Sep 12, 2015

Lil Kesh has called out Nigerian rappers, imploring them to make music in their own languages, languages that the common man can understand.

The Shoki and Gbese singer says that he does music not just for the English speakers but also for those who do not speak English.

He said,

Put your culture into your rap then your fans will definitely listen to you. If you are an Igbo guy and you know you can put your Igbo dialect in to your rap, do it for your Igbo people. I am not doing hip-hop for those that understand English alone; there are some people in Osun state, Abeokuta and Ibadan that don’t really understand English to a certain point.

Well, we certainly agree with him, rappers like Olamide, Illbliss and Phyno have definitely created a niche for themselves as rappers who connect with the people in their own languages.

DO YOU AGREE WITH LIL’ KESH?

SOURCE:http://www.that1960chick.com/2015/09/12/lil-kesh-calls-nigerian-rappers-who-dont-rap-in-their-local-dialect/
Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by Behira(f): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2015
No i mean Yes

1 Like

Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by oluwaKStar(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2015
so yoruba rappers must rsp in igbo too now??if you follow that mentality...dont tell other people the type of music they should do abeg,music is done b personal preference
Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by dulux07(m): 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
Lol. Its good to rap in ur local dialect, but bad to sing trash in ur local dialect.. this guy sings trash in yoruba. :-
Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by rawpadgin(m): 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
Is he even a rapper

personally I hate dude that raps only in their local dialect

thats why i nor dey feel phino well
Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2015
Rubbish statement from rubbish singer calling himself a rapper

Last time I checked english is our lingua franca so if they are people that does not understand english, how dat one tey concern my making of music Na me say make dey no go school? I believe by now ever average youth in nigeria should understand english well, the only people I see that does not understand english are old people, and shey na old people wan dey hear hip-hop, nig.ga muther.f.uker bla bla bla
Abegi! To me na excuse to coverup for being a whack rapper and not being able to speak english well. Cos they are also people who do not understand any local dialect E.G ME!!!

Oya tell me

MI no be english en dey use??
Vector ko
Ice prince
Jesse jagz
Eva
Yung6ix

Not even rappers self

Tuface
Psquare
Even dbanj uses more of english

Name them

To me using local dialect only hinders you to a particular region.....

Like olamide is not bigger than phyno in the east
And phyno is not bigger than olamide in the west
But english rules
That is why MI is bigger than both, both in the east and west.

It is not about what language you use, but the kind of music you make, if you make better music, people would listen.

1 Like

Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by softvio(m): 11:02pm On Sep 12, 2015
runzlord:

Last time I checked english is our lingua franca so if they are people that does not understand english, how dat one tey concern my making of music Na me say make dey no go school? I believe by now ever average youth in nigeria should understand english well, the only people I see that does not understand english are old people, and shey na old people wan dey hear hip-hop, nig.ga muther.f.uker bla bla bla
Abegi! To me na excuse to coverup for being a whack rapper and not being able to speak english well. Cos they are also people who do not understand any local dialect E.G ME!!!

Oya tell me

Vector ko
Ice prince
Jesse jagz
Eva
Yung6ix

Not even rappers self

Tuface
Psquare

Name them

But english rules

It is not about what language you use, but the kind of music you make, if you make better music, people would listen.

Bros thank You! The Singer think singing a lil bit fast is rapping.does he know the structures of rap?..am not bashing local rappers oo(lol) but you need to spit sense..just like Dagrin did

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by ndnuray(m): 7:09am On Sep 13, 2015
point..
runzlord:

Oya tell me

Vector ko
Ice prince
Jesse jagz
Eva
Yung6ix

Not even rappers self

Tuface
Psquare

Name them

But english rules

Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by Dekatron01(m): 2:28am On Sep 14, 2015
dulux07:
Lol. Its good to rap in ur local dialect, but bad to sing trash in ur local dialect.. this guy sings trash in yoruba. :-

one hennesy for u

or customized moet. With my student life savings!! grin

this guy lack sense in his raps. I thank God for his beats maker, else people would stone him

3 Likes

Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 14, 2015
dulux07:
that ladi song with pyhno tho.trash.good it got banned

1 Like

Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 14, 2015
I have written many Songs which am been motivated by something or people I live or stay with sometimes I used vernacular because I want to show how versatile or good I am and if you are a rapper you will know that rappers are known for changing mission but mostly I used English coz to me it's a waste after going to school and am not using English in my songs
It's better to use English than to use your dialect coz many will find it hard to listen to what they can't understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lil Kesh Calls Nigerian Rappers Who Don’t Rap In Their Local Dialect. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2015
I have written many Songs which am been motivated by something or people I live or stay with sometimes I used vernacular because I want to show how versatile or good I am and if you are a rapper you will know that rappers are known for changing mission but mostly I used English coz to me it's a waste after going to school and am not using English in my songs
It's better to use English than to use your dialect coz many will find it hard to listen to what they can't understand

Click to download my songs which I used my dialect on http://www.datafilehost.com/d/f92c1041
. . . . And. . . . . On
Click to download my second track which I used English Tru out on
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/18a38f55

(1) (Reply)

Download Mp3: Kizz Daniel Ft. Davido – One Ticket (prod Major Bangz) / Download--- Stuck With U-- Ariana Grande Ft Justin Bieber / Naija Afro Hip Hop Blowing Big In Oversea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.