Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology (1624 Views)

Photo: Based On This What Are Your Roots? / It Is Finally Here! An Animation Based On Pre-colonial African Kingdoms! / Creating Animation Based On Medieval/pre-colonial Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Kanoro: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2015
Here is a brief summary of the YouTube series itself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LKvgZRqRJ4

I have made a few posts on here as well as other websites before and unfortunately people usually just look the other way when they see posts like these. We need to come together and bring Africa to the same level of appreciation as Europe or Asia. We need to stop focusing so much on football and the latest music albums and focus more on bettering ourselves and our place on this Earth. I'm an American but I am one of the few who really truly appreciates his African roots and has knowledge of the richness that I come from. Anyway I digress. I'd really like some willing, wanting, and enthusiastic actors to help me with this animation. I'm not expecting Hollywood quality but I do want enthusiastic actors to partake in this animation. I can't pay anyone at the moment but if this series kicks off, it may be a possibility that I can in the future. All I ask from you is the following:

1. You are online daily.
2. You have a microphone with good quality. (no static or muffled feed)
3. You have decent and convincing acting. I don't expect it to be the best but at least enough for people to take it seriously.
4. You are able to speak in any African accent.

I can provide a sample script that you can practice and "audition" for me and I will also be sure to include you in the credits at the end of each episode.

If you are interested, please contact me at one of the following:

Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/HuminBehaviorz
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe8ECDU2IldN_rAAAXUvyUQ
Email: HuminBehaviorz@gmail.com
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Kanoro: 8:48am On Sep 13, 2015
This is depressing.... seriously? Nobody? sad If this was an anime based on medieval Japan, I'm sure people would be all over it. This is YOUR history people. Why not do your part to bring it out of the depths of ignorance?
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Salmoneus(m): 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
Kanoro:
This is depressing.... seriously? Nobody? sad If this was an anime based on medieval Japan, I'm sure people would be all over it. This is YOUR history people. Why not do your part to bring it out of the depths of ignorance?

This is really interesting, I am also working on similar, I'm an animator too...I've got some voice talents at my disposal so sign me up...
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Kanoro: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
Salmoneus:

This is really interesting, I am also working on similar, I'm an animator too...I've got some voice talents at my disposal so sign me up...

Awesome. were you the Raymond Okai who liked the facebook page?
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Salmoneus(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
Yes, that was me.
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Kanoro: 3:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
Salmoneus:
Yes, that was me.
Awesome. Just send me a message on Facebook and I'll give you a sample script to practice. If you'd like to do that and send me the files. Sort of like an "audition" type thing. I'm not too picky but I at least want a bit of a sample of what to expect. Thanks!
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by dejahvu(m): 8:56am On Sep 14, 2015
Ur post is not indepth of the project itself, I think you should let propective Cast & Crew members what the series is about and I mean the Synopsis/Storyline etc I think it would be more inciting but now im sorry to say it isnt even after going through the Youtube video. But I must say I commend u as its a nice initiative
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Kanoro: 11:54am On Sep 14, 2015
dejahvu:
Ur post is not indepth of the project itself, I think you should let propective Cast & Crew members what the series is about and I mean the Synopsis/Storyline etc I think it would be more inciting but now im sorry to say it isnt even after going through the Youtube video. But I must say I commend u as its a nice initiative

You're right and I did consider this but at the same time, I just don't want to any spoilers. I guess I can try hard to figure out a way to summarize things without completely giving it away.
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by dejahvu(m): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2015
U shld find a way to do that and I dont think a synopsis is a spoiler as majority of ur target audience are not on Nairaland
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Kanoro: 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2015
dejahvu:
U shld find a way to do that and I dont think a synopsis is a spoiler as majority of ur target audience are not on Nairaland
Definitely. I'll be sure to link it here when I do. Would you be interested in acting in it if the story sounds promising?
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by dejahvu(m): 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Nah I dont act, I stay behind d cameras
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Kanoro: 9:01pm On Sep 14, 2015
dejahvu:
Nah I dont act, I stay behind d cameras

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ckdtfo1_e8
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by CHARLOE(m): 10:20am On Sep 18, 2015
Nice 1 op, bin thinking along dis line also, as in telling our African story from African perspective. We have a very rich n diverse history n culture from ancient African civilizations DAT most African kids are sadly, unaware of. I commend ur effort n will luv to b a part of it. Am a fotografer n can mimic accents for fun, cheers n welcome.
Re: Full Blown Animation Series Based On African Kingdoms, History, And Mythology by Kanoro: 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
CHARLOE:
Nice 1 op, bin thinking along dis line also, as in telling our African story from African perspective. We have a very rich n diverse history n culture from ancient African civilizations DAT most African kids are sadly, unaware of. I commend ur effort n will luv to b a part of it. Am a fotografer n can mimic accents for fun, cheers n welcome.

Awesome! Just go ahead and contact me at one of the links provided in the OP, preferably Facebook. Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Loved Ones And Yourself A Hand Drawn Portrait Now!!! / Dcity creation... WB / I Have A SMALL Deal For Graphic Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.