Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra (810 Views)

IPOB Members Wear Black Cloths Today, Remove Biafra From Cars / Idol Worshiping Faithfuls Are The Ones Delaying Biafra From Materialising - Kanu / View Of BIAFRA From An EDO Perceptive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by Earthkumy(m): 10:38am On Sep 13, 2015
Police Clampdown: Scores Arrested in Aba For Listening To Radio Biafra It is shocking news to hear that listeners of radio Biafra are being arrested and put in police custody. There has been previous call by the Inspector General of Nigeria Police to their men nationwide to arrest Members of the indigenous people of Biafra IPOB. It is also clear that the imminent arrests being made have no bearing according to both the Nigerian laws and international laws of liberty, of information, of association and rights to life. Clearly these laws have been infringed. There have been calls from various parts of the country clamoring against the dictatorial tendencies of the current Buhari-led federal government of Nigeria. Before now, there have been clear calls against the radio station as propagating threats to life, inciting violence and integrity and unity of the Nigerian state. No doubt there has been an allegation against the indigenous people’s, but the government should imbibe the principle of rule of law, of a democratic process to clamp down on the indigenous people of Biafra since the executive cannot play the role of the jury. Furthermore, our correspondent went an extra mile to augment the authenticity of this news. A cyclist (also known as Keke driver) who simply identified himself as Uche, confirmed the report as true. According to him, “the police are on the look out for keke Operators who tune into Radio Biafra, if they hear Radio Biafra in your Keke, they will arrest you and impound your keke. Before you come out you will spend like N10, 000 or more”. There was also a call placed across to the (PRO of the Nigerian police force) Aba Central Police station, to confirm this news, proved abortive, as the time of filing this report as his phone was switched off. Here comes a call on the Government of Buhari to prove the notions of dictatorial tendencies wrong by following the democratic process rather than the African barbaric process of killings and illegal arrest of innocent citizens. It is also clear that this radio station has a physical address that can be approached and sued for libel or whatever charges. Headquarters: 16 Calle Peru, 01012 Victoria Spain +34945565994 UK OFFICE: 30 sandlings Close, Pilkington Road, London SE 15 3SY UK UK Tel: +447831308376 or +442081339976 as obtained from a letter of the body indigenous people of Biafra on www.thebiafraherald.co Chuks writes from Aba
Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by Change2015(m): 10:40am On Sep 13, 2015
Please try using sensible English to make the headline! Haba, maka why?
Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by legendboy(m): 10:41am On Sep 13, 2015
I want to experience war in nigeria soon

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by shamack: 10:42am On Sep 13, 2015
Funny stuffs***** funny ppl just to feel their impact
Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by dejavski(m): 10:43am On Sep 13, 2015
Have they lost their minds angry on what moral ground should you arrest them?

Infact someone should give me their frequency make I listen abeg

Mind you am a SWner
Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by Asito(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2015
legendboy:
father, forgive him for he knows not what he is saying angry
Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by vinkod007: 10:45am On Sep 13, 2015
legendboy:

I rebuke you IJN
Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 13, 2015
You mean radio BIAFRA still air Nigeria?
Nigeria = 0 IT
Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by cybertyrant(m): 11:12am On Sep 13, 2015
dejavski:
Have they lost their minds angry on what moral ground should you arrest them?

Infact someone should give me their frequency make I listen abeg

Mind you am a SWner
89.1 Fm in lagos only

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Arresting Biafra’s From Listening To Radio Biafra by orunto27: 11:44am On Sep 13, 2015
There is no biafra in the Nigerian Dictionary. So both the hearers and the transmitters of the word, with the exception of media reports such as this, are guilty of sedition. It's rebellious propaganda carried too far. Please let their elders intervene before Nigerian Government starts arresting them as well.

(1) (Reply)

Is This A Record In Nairaland? / Nigerians Decry Witch Hunt Of Volkswagen CEO, Martin Winterkorn By Pius Adesanmi / Is It Lack Of Trust That CS Presented The List Instead Of SA On NASS? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.