Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,863 members, 7,851,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:34 AM

Tottenham Agrees To Release Striker Emmanuel Adebayor From Contract - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tottenham Agrees To Release Striker Emmanuel Adebayor From Contract (444 Views)

Emmanuel Adebayor Shows Off His Garage With Exotic Cars / Emmanuel Adebayor's N8m Can-Am Bike & Cars In His Compound (Photos) / Super Eagles Striker Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates Her Mum On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tottenham Agrees To Release Striker Emmanuel Adebayor From Contract by babawalexy(m): 11:08am On Sep 13, 2015
Tottenham have confirmed they have released striker Emmanuel Adebayor from his contract at the club by mutual consent.

The 31 year-old almost joined Aston Villa in the summer transfer window and that move could now be revived.

A statement on Spurs' official website on Sunday morning said:

"We can confirm that we have reached a mutual agreement with Emmanuel Adebayor which will see him released from his contract with the club.
"We wish Emmanuel well for the future."

Adebayor was told he had no future at Spurs by manager Mauricio Pochettino and was not included in the Argentine's 25-man Premier League squad. He had also not been allocated a squad number at White Hart Lane and had refused to go on international duty with Togo.

"I would not hesitate. If he had the desire to want to come and play football again, I would have taken him in a heartbeat," Sherwood said.
"We still have to respect his decision, whatever he makes. It's his - I can't influence it.
"Am I disappointed? I'm disappointed for him because he's not going to play. He's too good a talent - I've seen that first hand - to not play any football, but unfortunately I don't think there's any window open for him now.
"If he wanted to play in Qatar he would have gone there a long time ago. It's hard to say. I was going to say he's not in it for the money but, genuinely, he wants to play at the top level. It's not financial. It's easy to say that when you're on his money, but he would genuinely play for nothing. It's not his fault he's not part of their plans."

source: http://www.babawalexy9ja.com/2015/09/tottenham-agrees-to-release-striker.html
Re: Tottenham Agrees To Release Striker Emmanuel Adebayor From Contract by kurupt1: 4:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
embarassedThe family has struck spiritually and its manifesting physically

(1) (Reply)

*must Read* Jose Mourinho Goes Spiritual*photos Inset* / Sir Alex Ferguson: Man United Were Right Hiring Moyes / Nigeria Bashes Host Chile 5-1 To Cruise Into The Last 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.