Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police (33885 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters / EXPOSED: Akwa Ibom Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates NPF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Boscojugunu(m): 11:28am On Sep 13, 2015
SaharaReporters has learned that the official driver for the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, has been brazenly impersonating a Nigerian Police Force officer by wearing a full police uniform and with the knowledge of Governor Emmanuel. This highly criminal and fraudulent act has continued with impunity for a long time, according to sources
Sources close to the Akwa Ibom State Governor told SaharaReporters that the driver, Mr. Bassey Edet Bassey, who hails from Cross Rivers State had worked with the Governor since he was a senior management staff with Zenith Bank Plc. On further checks, it was learned that his employer, Zenith Bank, usually detailed Mr. Bassey to serve the Governor whenever he visited Akwa Ibom State.

Udom Emmanuel, who had served Zenith Bank Plc in different capacities at various times, including as Executive Director and General Manager, left the bank in 2013 and took an appointment as the Secretary to the Akwa Ibom State Government under former Governor Godswill Akpabio. While leaving the bank, he took a along with him some other staff of the bank who had worked closely with him, including his present official driver, Bassey Edet Bassey.

A source close to the Governor however told SaharaReporters that the governor had asked all those wishing to work with him to resign from the bank. However, we learnt that unlike his colleagues who had also left the bank to work with the Governor, Mr. Bassey refused to formally resign and continued to receive salary and other fringe benefits from Zenith Bank.

Further investigation by SaharaReporters revealed that all those who left the bank to work with the Governor had been officially recruited into the Akwa Ibom State civil service on the orders of the Governor. Based on this arrangement, the Governor's driver, Mr. Bassey, was originally posted to the Office of the Secretary to the State Government as a clerical officer. However, he continued to serve the Governor as a driver contrary to his official work schedule.
As if that was not enough, SaharaReporters learnt from sources that Mr. Bassey, has been impersonating the Nigerian Police Force by wearing complete police uniform to work. One of the sources that spoke with SaharaReporters expressed dismay over the matter and wondered why the Governor should be indulging the criminality of his official driver.

"We have been wondering why someone who is not a police man should be dressing as one simply because he drives the Governor but no one has been able to raise an eyebrow on the issue for fear of being victimized by the Governor. He started by using the rank of a Corporal but later promoted himself to a Sergeant.”

"Some days he will put on the Mopol camouflage and even the blue beret which is only meant for officers in the Special Protection Unit, a squad that protects some VIPs. He has been doing this despite the fact that his name is on the Civilian Drivers List in the Government House. But because he is the Governor's favorite nobody dares to question him,” according to a source within the Akwa Ibom State Government House in Uyo told SaharaReporters.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/12/exposed-akwa-ibom-gov-udom-emmanuels-official-driver-impersonates-nigeria-police-defrauds

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by INTROVERT(f): 11:29am On Sep 13, 2015
angry

He must have watched 'Let's be cops' once too often.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by ricsman(m): 11:36am On Sep 13, 2015
I c
the IGP Solomon Arase most hear this.

this should be investigated..... its bad.

some guys are talking of spy police. but I think one should be a police officer bf becoming a spy police officer.

from zenith bank to civil service when did him join the spying

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by madridguy(m): 11:36am On Sep 13, 2015
Let him face the music.
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2015
"Sahara reporter is a media for the APC, by the APC and of the APC, they are proudly sponsored and powered by tinubu." Quote me anywhere.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Boscojugunu(m): 11:39am On Sep 13, 2015
Thanks to sahara reporters

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by aylagos(m): 11:55am On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"Sahara reporter is a media for the APC, by the APC and of the APC, they are proudly sponsored and powered by tinubu." Quote me anywhere.
check the topic and try to read before you comment, and read this comment of yours if there is Common sense in it. What is bad is bad I don't know why your likes love to support bad and criminal habits especially from your region. Think again.

102 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2015
aylagos:
check the topic and try to read before you comment, and read ths comment of yours if there is Common sense in it.
"Can anything good come from sahara?" Quote me anywhere.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by hola106(m): 12:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nobody s abov d law

2 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
lalasticlala, kindly act fast...we cannot allow this level of impunity.

To think he carries a gun is even scary...now this confirms the DSS speculation that there is a lot fishy in that Govt.House....A LOT

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by rooftech: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
poster have you heard of spy police before,

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by emmanuel596(m): 12:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
soe:
lalasticlala, kindly act fast...we cannot allow this level of impunity.

To think he carries a gun is even scary...now this confirms the DSS speculation that there is a lot fishy in that Govt.House....A LOT
Must everything any1 wants to say starts with lalasticlala WTF...who is even dis(lalasticlala) nd Wat does he or she does for a living....yeye dey smell

9 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
emmanuel596:

Must everything any1 wants to say starts with lalasticlala WTF...who is even dis(lalasticlala) nd Wat does he or she does for a living....yeye dey smell
Do you have to insult a mod, lalasticlala is a super mod and that could earn you a long ban. For your information, a super mod is an admin. It is very easy to understand the role of an admin in an active website like this where we have breaking news, contemporary issues and debates, business adverts and crucial information dissemination...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by poiZon: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2015
dis their sources no dey eeva get names?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
emmanuel596:

"Take heart in advance, the ban is going to be 'cool'", Quote me anywhere.

8 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by dave2meek(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
A source close to the governor, Sahara reporters their source no dey ever get name.

14 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Segadem(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
ok
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
is it true?

Need anything from Jumia?
Contact me now!
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by DaBullIT(m): 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Worefa meeen

People say shyt to hurt people

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by NinaArsenal(f): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by BiggerBangs: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
smiley

HAPPY SUNDAY !!

BiggerBangs
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by rooftech: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
that guy is a spy police normally you recruit them And train them for 2-4 weeks,

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by freshness2020: 1:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
None of my business.
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by IamGabby: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
He wants t be like them.......Anyways,he is the govns fav.he thinks he can do watever he likes.SMH
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Dindondin(m): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
weed of Akwa Ibom
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by ricsman(m): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
rooftech:
poster have you heard of spy police before,
did u read d post?

from zenith bank to civil service
when did him join the spying
I think one should be a police officer bf being a police spy
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Dindondin(m): 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"Take heart in advance, the ban is going to be 'coo'", Quote me anywhere.
stfu.
the boy only said his mind.
If Lalasticlalast is dumb than you, he should ban him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Damseluc(f): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

must we make every topic a political issue?

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Firefire(m): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
I presume the guy is a SPY Police

2 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Frydae: 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
KOMOLOP CHOLOP KOMOLOP! Eyen akwaibom! I Love akwaibom!

3 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Ayomax(m): 1:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
watin my eyes no go see for this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Orji Uzor Kalu In Court Today Over Fraud(photos) / Obituary Of IPOB Member Killed In Abia During Army Invasion (Graphic Photos) / IPOB Announces 5th, 6th May 2022 As Another Sit At Home Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.