Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police (33902 Views)

Akwa Ibom State Under Governor Udom Emmanuel - Projects And Pix / Governor Udom Emmanuel Builds House Just 4 Months In Govt - Sahara Reporters / EXPOSED: Akwa Ibom Gov. Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates NPF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by NwaJesusteete(m): 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
Boscojugunu:
SaharaReporters has learned that the official driver for the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel, has been brazenly impersonating a Nigerian Police Force officer by wearing a full police uniform and with the knowledge of Governor Emmanuel. This highly criminal and fraudulent act has continued with impunity for a long time, according to sources
Sources close to the Akwa Ibom State Governor told SaharaReporters that the driver, Mr. Bassey Edet Bassey, who hails from Cross Rivers State had worked with the Governor since he was a senior management staff with Zenith Bank Plc. On further checks, it was learned that his employer, Zenith Bank, usually detailed Mr. Bassey to serve the Governor whenever he visited Akwa Ibom State.

Udom Emmanuel, who had served Zenith Bank Plc in different capacities at various times, including as Executive Director and General Manager, left the bank in 2013 and took an appointment as the Secretary to the Akwa Ibom State Government under former Governor Godswill Akpabio. While leaving the bank, he took a along with him some other staff of the bank who had worked closely with him, including his present official driver, Bassey Edet Bassey.

A source close to the Governor however told SaharaReporters that the governor had asked all those wishing to work with him to resign from the bank. However, we learnt that unlike his colleagues who had also left the bank to work with the Governor, Mr. Bassey refused to formally resign and continued to receive salary and other fringe benefits from Zenith Bank.

Further investigation by SaharaReporters revealed that all those who left the bank to work with the Governor had been officially recruited into the Akwa Ibom State civil service on the orders of the Governor. Based on this arrangement, the Governor's driver, Mr. Bassey, was originally posted to the Office of the Secretary to the State Government as a clerical officer. However, he continued to serve the Governor as a driver contrary to his official work schedule.
As if that was not enough, SaharaReporters learnt from sources that Mr. Bassey, has been impersonating the Nigerian Police Force by wearing complete police uniform to work. One of the sources that spoke with SaharaReporters expressed dismay over the matter and wondered why the Governor should be indulging the criminality of his official driver.

"We have been wondering why someone who is not a police man should be dressing as one simply because he drives the Governor but no one has been able to raise an eyebrow on the issue for fear of being victimized by the Governor. He started by using the rank of a Corporal but later promoted himself to a Sergeant.”

"Some days he will put on the Mopol camouflage and even the blue beret which is only meant for officers in the Special Protection Unit, a squad that protects some VIPs. He has been doing this despite the fact that his name is on the Civilian Drivers List in the Government House. But because he is the Governor's favorite nobody dares to question him,” according to a source within the Akwa Ibom State Government House in Uyo told SaharaReporters.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/09/12/exposed-akwa-ibom-gov-udom-emmanuels-official-driver-impersonates-nigeria-police-defrauds
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Gboliwe: 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
A source close to the Governor however told SaharaReporters that the governor had asked all those wishing to work with him to resign from the bank. However, we learnt that unlike his colleagues who had also left the bank to work with the Governor, Mr. Bassey refused to formally resign and continued to receive salary and other fringe benefits from Zenith Bank.
SaharaReporters, doing what they know best to do.

See lie na. Zenith pay you when you are not working with them and for over 12months? Una know how to tear heavy lie! Their incompetence isn't to the extent of having ghost workers.

6 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Nicepoker(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by aspirebig: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
Many Senior bankers are Spy Police. Even some guys in other corporate bodies, they attend some courses and they drive vehicles with Spy Police plate numbers.

That may or may not be the case of the man in this news.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Nicepoker(m): 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"Take heart in advance, the ban is going to be 'cool'", Quote me anywhere.
MEANING WHAT
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
rooftech:
that guy is a spy police normally you recruit them And train them for 2-4 weeks,
. Spy police don't wear police uniform

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by NwaJesusteete(m): 1:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=NwaJesusteete post=37966968][/quote

waitooo bayo u mean one person na banker, police officer and a driver at d same time? Muhammad pls don't ask me i don tire, emeka this one no concern u abi? Hahaa make una de there na u never c anything.
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by ndcide(m): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
Sahara reporters should tell us about the impunity going on in APC controlled states.

We know they are all out for PDP, as usual. Abeg make we hear word.

Even nairaland.com is towing the line of Sahara reporters by amplifying this.

However I condem the wrong act if it's true. But this may not be entirely true as Sahara reporters is an engine oiled by falsehood.

Besides the chairman of zenith bank would rather close the bank than pay ghost workers.

2 Likes

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by RonJeremy: 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
APC Reporter must be desperate for news to make such irrelevant an issue.....
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by aylagos(m): 1:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"Can anything good come from sahara?" Quote me anywhere.
tell me one good that has come from nta,ait and others, so tell us why u love to support what the man ?
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by just2help: 1:50pm On Sep 13, 2015
naptu2:

Supernumerary police (aka SPY police). http://www.ptsikeja.com/spyhistory.html

Police training school ikeja website? are you kidding me? which 5 yr old played with his computer like that?

i get your point bro but i could not just overlook that design!!
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by arsenal33: 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"Sahara reporter is a media for the APC, by the APC and of the APC, they are proudly sponsored and powered by tinubu." Quote me anywhere.
Is the article true or false?
Stop being stupid
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Raymie(m): 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2015
This driver has most likely undergone SPY training by the NPF and may be allowed to put on the uniform. Is it that there is no more news to report that SR goes this low? So they know, many 'policemen' drivers and ordelies of top level executives and politicians are private hires who have undergone spy training.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by reuben79: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"Sahara reporter is a media for the APC, by the APC and of the APC, they are proudly sponsored and powered by tinubu." Quote me anywhere.
but dude"dis is d fact and gud evidence.is nt all news are politilize ok
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by kenoz(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
undecided
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Swaggzkid: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
SaharaReporters or whatsoever their name is, We know you for your propagandas since 20BC

You people think you can mess around with everything and everybody, I want to let you people know that you guys so call accusations on the executive governor, the official driver and State government of Akwa ibom state and also the citizens are all false.

Let us know where you get all these informations from. This is conspiracy and you all know it can't be hidden any longer. Which you know, Tinubu and other Apc pro-dulllards are using stolen money to buy your reputation making you feudal to beast from the northern wing of Sahara desert.

Bleep you sharareports
Bleep your news
Bleep Apc
Remember 99days are for the thieves, so keep flexing muscles, your days are counting in this country.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by aylagos(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
arafone:
A civilian is impersonating and parading himself as a policeman and u are talking about APC. What does dis have to do with APC or PDP ?
I guess that question is not for me cos u quoted the wrong person, pls check again
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by militarypie: 1:57pm On Sep 13, 2015
In a Zoo,everything inside is an animal,reasoning o,action o etc. Even those who think they are humans because of their habitat (Zoo) they are easily affected to behave as zoolanders.

My point:
Think before you act if you're human.
SR have sold us so many un investigated lies, the gullible keep swallowing line,hook and sinker. Its time to slap your brain,wake it from slumber so you can REASON

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Abdulhakeem7(m): 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
what has reporting dis particular news got to do with d APC and Tinubu?u dis guy sef u no dey reason along d news b4 commenting. so wen something is wrong now saharareporters must nt report it? . Chai!educated illiterate. Wawa kwai ka ke.
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Abdulhakeem7(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
can any reasonable comment come from OZAOEKPE?

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by naptu2: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
just2help:

Police training school ikeja website? are you kidding me? which 5 yr old played with his computer like that?

i get your point bro but i could not just overlook that design!!

Many police forces around the world have auxiliary policemen (civilians who have been deputised/appointed to perform some police tasks). These auxiliary policemen are kind of like the reserve force of the police.

Organisations in Nigeria such as banks, oil companies, universities, etc that need police protection for their facilities/workers and organisations that want their security guards and drivers to have some police skills can apply to the Inspector General of Police or the Commissioner of police.

The organisations would nominate their staff and also state the nature of the facility/person that is to be protected and why they want police protection. The nominated employees would then undergo a 3 months course at the Police Training School, Ikeja (paid for by their organisation).

Supernumerary policemen are paid by their organisation and they are enrolled in the supernumerary police programme from month to month. They would need to give a month's notice before resigning from the supernumerary police programme.

The officers have the powers, privileges and immunities of a police officer within the area he is appointed. They are thus permitted to wear police uniforms.
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Moneyab(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
ikennaoma:
@ O.P most top banks train there drivers as spy police. If I am mistaking sm1 that works with any top nigeria bank should confirm that
you are right. That driver most likely is spy police
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by SpotlezDonald25(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
emmanuel596:

Must everything any1 wants to say starts with lalasticlala WTF...who is even dis(lalasticlala) nd Wat does he or she does for a living....yeye dey smell

RIP English cheesy
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by okpor2(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Y is dis strange to u pple.Be aware that d Nigeria police train bank drivers nd issue them wit police I'd nd uniform.That's y u see bank drivers on police uniform.my wory here is dat d youngman should not be using d uniform as he is no longer an employee of d bank.but d story saysd bank is still payin him is salary.then that makes him still an employee nd can still wear d uniform.Another thing I know is dat d bank drivers don't hv ranks.xo I wonder where he got his own.aniway d gov must hv had cause to interactwit senior police officers xo y was he not challenged?
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by olu1759(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

let's call a spade a spade,does the source of the news matter when he's guilty of the offence.
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by JayZeus(f): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
rooftech]that guy is a spy police normally you recruit them And train them for 2-4 weeks,[/quote]
Please tell them
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by christinie(f): 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
APC so jealous of PDP for winning in the 3 major oil states in the country.
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by christinie(f): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tell the APC mofos.
JayZeus:
rooftech]that guy is a spy police normally you recruit them And train them for 2-4 weeks,
Please tell them
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by engrshakespeare: 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Mumu, u always like talking trash and wanting the trash quoted.
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by Calebosko(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"Take heart in advance, the ban is going to be 'cool'", Quote me anywhere.
lolz,u got me lol
Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by speedyGonzales: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

this is quite true, living in the UK missed Nigeria, so decided to read/find Nigerian news online... this was while GEJ was still president... in-fact I was scared for my Nigeria with all the constant bad news i read from they... especially about my state Akwa Ibom... I thought Akpabio was the greatest evil in the world, till I recently visited Nigeria and Akwa Ibom, and the place was absolutely beautiful from what it was under Victor Attah and I was really Fu-ck-en shocked. for me they are like Fox news in the USA, everything you read there must be taken with a truck load of salt.

1 Like

Re: Udom Emmanuel's Official Driver Impersonates The Nigeria Police by speedyGonzales: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

this is quite true, living in the UK missed Nigeria, so decided to find and read Nigerian news online... this was while GEJ was still president... in-fact I was scared for my Nigeria with all the constant bad news i read from they... especially about my state Akwa Ibom... I thought Akpabio was the greatest evil in the world, till I recently visited Nigeria and Akwa Ibom, and the place was absolutely beautiful from what it was under Victor Attah and I was really Fu-ck-en shocked. for me the are like Fox news in the USA, everything you read there must be taken with a truck load of salt.

Also, I will want to inform Nigerians (well, because many Nigerians don't know about this because of the constant media blasting of the "PDP" states mostly in the oil rich region) that are close enough to Akwa Ibom that the state offers free education at secondary and primary levels for every Nigerian human, that is a burden lifted for people who can't afford to sent their children to school/ also it is a crime not to send your children to school. so please I don't care if your blood cells has APC or PDP written on it, can't afford or knows people who can use this knowledge to help their families ease some of the burdens, please tell them about it... by helping all Nigerians grow, we can build better Nigeria...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obituary Of IPOB Member Killed In Abia During Army Invasion (Graphic Photos) / CBN Data Proves Amaechi Lied Against Johnathan On ECA / Edo 2020: Philip Shaibu Dumps APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.