Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom (94896 Views)

45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Photos From Virgin Ceremony In Ogu, Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by kennyman2000(m): 2:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
Hmmm..
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by adesegun121(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Oga ooo
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by doublewisdom: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Firefire:
stupid custom and barbaric tradition.
I understand how you feel given that where you come from, girls lose their virginity to their fathers at age 3.

1 Like

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by baba11(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
This is a child's play when it's compared to that of the Swaziland..

In the land where corruption in sexual prowess is the mother of the day,this kind of program needs to be supported wholly grin
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by free2ryhme: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
angry

Onila come as see ooo the real deal

Not those false claims you post on every thread on this forum and the ones you open
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Swaggzkid: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
grin
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Abiriba1stson: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obina dance
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Demmzy15(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
Yeebhoe people grin

1 Like

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Plus234(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2015
why cover the breast, the OP dey mad
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by absoluteSuccess: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
O BOY.
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by guydangerous(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nonsense tradition and custom undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by NwaJesusteete(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
Sorry, these are kids. So I have masked their breasts. I hear the virgin dance is called Obina Dance of Abiriba Iri Ndi (new yam) festival. Please if you have ever witnessed it, let's read your experience.

It is an annual dance by the maidens of Amanta in Ameke community of Abiriba Kingdom, called Nmaku Eziali maidens. These maidens are also believed to be Virgins, pure and undefiled by any man. They are the only ones allowed to perform this sacred dance and any maiden who is not a virgin from this clan dare not participate in the dance. Although I cannot categorically tell you the repercussion if such happens.

They also say the dance period is the time that the young girls who are now ripe enough for marriage show off their beautiful figures and dancing prowess to young men from Amanta and other prospective husbands from other communities making up the Abiriba Kingdom.

There is usually great excitement heralding this dance especially to the young men who sees it as an opportunity to get their brides, as some of them will tie palm fronds on the legs of their desired brides. That is called # Igbai Omu# in the traditional Abiriba language, signifying that the maiden had been taken and other suitors should steer clear and the young man (men) will now take up the marriage proceedings from there.

The dance usually starts as early as 6 a.m at the Obina Dance Square in Amanta with the Nmaku Eziali Maidens leading the troupe, looking beautiful in their # okara akpuru ikpakpa# a type of wrapper designed with corn seeds, with their beads on their waists and nzu (local chalk)designing their bodies.

Civilisation and the embrace of Christianity has reportedly changed so many aspects of this dance as in the olden days, the maidens used to dance stark naked showing off their erect and pointed breasts ! Supriseeeeeeed? Though you can still see some of the maidens showing off their breasts while their womanhood is perfectly covered. The dance is called OBINA NDE AMANTA.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/09/photos-from-nude-annual-virgin-dance.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by sammaking(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
OP look before you leap.
Are you calling those girls with wrapper on their breast Virgin? in Nigeria?
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by ifeanyiokolo: 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
coolHmmmmmmmmmmmm make I no talk
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by NwaJesusteete(m): 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=NwaJesusteete post=37968116][/quote]

oh disappointed c rush men hoping to c the type of naked dance we watch here in America, when will Africa grow ? An event of this nature should be real for once at least u c mature virgin teenagers in a complete unclad. Waiting patiently for African development in 3D
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by 69MissedCalls(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2015
where are those ones that look like mercy Johnson? all this wans are small and ugly
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
donholy28:
still looking for d unclad girls
Joins you in looking for them....
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by ak47mann(m): 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
Abiriba? shocked shocked The one I know or another?

My dad owe me lotta answers cheesy..
babes You are from Ohafia the same local govt with abiriba yeah cool
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by domopps(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
So Introvert and Lady F actually hails from this Village and yet they didn't dance this virgin dance! Does that mean they came 2 this world defiled? grin

Pls flirtykaren if you see Twaci and Sinaj kindly tell them av missed them!

Cheeeeeeers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Godmother(f): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
I'm sure this tradition was formulated by some randy elders in the paste cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by refreshrate: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
ORACLE1975:
for those who need virgin wife here come many all u have to do with till they finish school.

Guy leave that tin!

shooo shocked shocked shocked so this kain thing dey ground india dey shout festival of colours new orleans dey shout mardi gras and yeye mexico cinco de mayo?

Is it yearly or what?

shet i don fvck up.

Who be minist...oh i been don forget we no get minister for tourism
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by millionaireman: 2:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
I saw the boobs live. You decided to cover them here. What then is the essence of your post here?
Are we in Saudi?

1 Like

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by mekybabe1: 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
No be una dey disvirgin them? tongue grin grin grin
kokoA:
Na only 1 virgin dey d community? And na small girl sef.. smh.. Naija girls don spoil finish. Go to swaziland and see the number of matured virgins that dance during their virgin festival.
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by iheanyi40(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
bia op, u don c finish cum mask am bah undecided tho say na small gals sha but u f ucked up angry
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by seedorfg(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
nothing unclad here o, all i see are underage girls dancing @ Ogbeni Op
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by refreshrate: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
69MissedCalls:
where are those ones that look like mercy Johnson? all this wans are small and ugly

crase man grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Tosyn007(m): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
Doesn't unclad mean naked These ain't even close to nudity
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
ak47mann:
babes You are from Ohafia the same local govt with abiriba yeah cool
Yeah, reasons why I was shocked at the tradition.. Never heard of it before, not as if I have asked wink wink.. I'll engage my dad later this evening.. He will explain berra...

1 Like

Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by gurunlocker: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
doing this in 2015?.
not for those that their kpetus is wide like well
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by Gabbitto: 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
PLs which state is this thing happening?
Re: Photos From An Unclad Annual Virgin Dance That Holds In Abiriba Kingdom by ExInferis(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
savages.

And they call us uncivilized illiterates.

Thank God for Islam!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Old pictures(1800-1980) / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.