Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves (35815 Views)

Terrorists Are All Over The Place, We Must Be More Watchful, Buhari Warns Read / See Nigerian Igbo Claim Boko Haram / Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mtcheww! Shekau's video will say the truth!
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by ndcide(m): 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
It will be foolish for bokoharam to continue. Why will they be fighting the FG?

Besides, this systemic approach to end bokoharam is not necessary. They should just sound the bugle and tell bokoharam our man is in power, let's stop.

That's all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by kessler53(m): 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
psucc:
I don't know if someone is seeing the recent 'successes' recorded from the same angle as I do: Is it that the Boko Haram fighters had flee their camps? why do the army invade a territory without wounding or killing even a single member of the sect?

I reserve my comment?
it seems as if there is politics in this boko issue,i.e I totally agree with what u say,it is a one side information.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by porka: 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2015
Okobaba1:

Stop sounding like a clueless mugu! If buhari had any hand in all this do u tink Jonathan wudnt hav exposed him?

Moreover, a former NSA revealed that the sponsors of Boko haram are in PDP and after that the Man was killed because he knew so many secrets and som1 was afraid dt if he was not murdered he cud spill d whole truth.

If dis is a plan dat means GEJ connived with buhari.

[size=13pt]Buhari: Military Offensive against Boko Haram, Anti-north, Articles

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari

By John Shiklam in Kaduna
Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) National Leader, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has criticised the declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States and the subsequent military offensive against the Boko Haram Islamic sect.
Buhari, who featured on the “Guest of the Week,” a Hausa programme of the Kaduna-based Liberty Radio, yesterday said the federal government’s action was a gross injustice against the north.

According to him, unlike the special treatment the federal government gave to the Niger Delta militants, the Boko Haram members were being killed and their houses demolished.
He said he was not in support of the declaration of state of emergency in the three north-eastern states because President Goodluck Jonathan had failed from the outset in addressing the security situation in the country.

Besides, Buhari added that the security challenges facing the country started in the Niger Delta region where he alleged that politicians desperate to retain their positions as governors recruited youths and armed them to enable them win elections by force.
According to Buhari, who fielded questions in Hausa language before the English version of the programme, “What is responsible for the security situation in the country was caused by the activities of Niger Delta militants.

“Every Nigerian that is familiar with what happened knows this. The Niger Delta militants started it all. What happened is that the governors of the Niger Delta region at that time wanted to win their elections, so they recruited the youths and gave them guns and bullets and used them against their opponents to win elections by force.
“After the elections were over, they asked the boys to return the guns, the boys refused to return the guns. Because of that, the allowance that was being given to the youths by the governors during that time was stopped.

“The youths resorted to kidnapping oil workers and were collecting dollars as ransom. Now a boy of 18 to 20 years was getting about $500 in a week, why will he go to school and spend 20 years to study and then come back and get employed by government to be paid N100,000 a month; that is if he is lucky to get employment?

“So kidnapping became very rampant in the south-south and the south-east. They kidnapped people and were collecting money.
“How did Boko Haram start? We know that their leader, Mohammed Yusuf, started his militancy and the police couldn’t control them and the army was invited. He was arrested by soldiers and handed over to the police.

“The appropriate thing to do, according to the law, was for the police to carry out investigations and charge him to court for prosecution, but they killed him, his in-law was killed, they went and demolished their houses.
“Because of that, his supporters resorted to what they are doing today.
“You see in the case of the Niger Delta militants, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua sent an airplane to bring them, he sat down with them and discussed with them, they were cajoled, and they were given money and granted amnesty.
“They were trained in some skills and were given employment, but the ones in the north are being killed and their houses demolished. They are different issues, what brought this? It is injustice.”

Buhari also explained why he joined politics after his release from detention by former military president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, saying that his close associates and those who knew him very well convinced him to join partisan politics.

He said those who knew him, knew that he took on positions of responsibility without begging anyone for appointments.
“I was a military governor in a state that has been divided into six states today; I was minister of petroleum for four years and six months. I was a military head of state. But because these people know how I live my life, they were not coming to beg me for money. They were coming to ask me to comment on issues that affected the nation,” he added.

He said further that the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 also shaped his attitude to politics.
“When I joined partisan politics in April 2002, in my ward in Daura, (Katsina State), they kept on coming. And then one significant thing at the global level happened, the Soviet Union collapsed.
“Out of the Soviet Union, there are now about 18 or 19 republics and that conclusively proved to me as an individual that the multi-party system is the best form of democracy, but with the big caveat that elections must be free and fair. That is how I arrived in CPC today, but first from APP to ANPP to CPC," he said.

Buhari lamented that God has blessed Nigeria with human and natural resources, but “we have failed to organise ourselves”, stressing that one of the problems bedevilling the country is bad leadership.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-military-offensive-against-boko-haram-anti-north/149256/[/size]
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by Hardeybohwarley(m): 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
photo of the fleeing bokos or adonbilivit
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by EasternLionn: 8:58pm On Sep 13, 2015
Okobaba1:

u see ur life? If an ordinary citizen can threaten the President of a country what shd we tag such a sitting President?

Quote me on top of your Mother. Eastern Mumu.

Get away from here.
Slave.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by Joevics(m): 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
ExInferis:

Just because Niger Deltans have no shame doesnt mean all of us are the same.

u are an idiot, what has niger delta gat to do with that, why generalize the issue, Aboki nama.
Bubu is in charge if he likes he should spend all the revenue on the north, one thing is dat nothing lasts for ever.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by hajhud: 9:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
slimthugchimee:
who do ypu think is surrendering
Abeg help me ask am.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by transient123(m): 9:46pm On Sep 13, 2015
Iykestix:
Among both of u who is actually surrenderin

Grammar of hatred. "among both of u".

Don't worry change will deliver you soon.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by bakila: 10:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
kcynho:
[size=18pt]thats what we continue to hear & see on daily headlines,the next minute goes a BOMB BLAST,then u start wondering whoose actually winning the war ,SMH[/size]
In case you are not in the country and lack access to news. Boko Haram were sacking towns and villages and our soldiers were running from Borno, they ran past the house of the CDS which was overran by Book Boys. They were stealing girls and killing boys and girls
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by blaqoracle: 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
ademega:
enemies won't like this news

just check them out and ignore them
you mean igbo.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by Rick9(m): 11:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
God Bless Nigeria

God bless Nigeria Army

God bless Buhari for reforming the army

God bless Buratai for this operation

God bless our heroes on the battlefield sometimes I wished I was part of the operation.

God bless the good citizens of Nigeria that voted for Buhari/Osibanjo,

God bless the good citizens of Nigeria that removed that cancer called PDP

God bless us all.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by Rexnegro(m): 12:29am On Sep 14, 2015
psucc:
I don't know if someone is seeing the recent 'successes' recorded from the same angle as I do: Is it that the Boko Haram fighters had flee their camps? why do the army invade a territory without wounding or killing even a single member of the sect?

I reserve my comment?
Also see it from dis angle too dat their leader shekua is perceived to be dead and the heat is hotter now on them Dan before hence they chose to run away from their camps since NM is more serious now dealing with them from all fronts ...tanx to a serious minded and military know how presido in charge now.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by hugafella(m): 12:42am On Sep 14, 2015
omoelesa:
Am your master,i hold the key to your chain.U need freedom from we, your master.

but your name says youre a slave from that part of the country that worships their lords above...
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by nationwide1(m): 1:57am On Sep 14, 2015
psucc:

I reserve my comment?
My brother, I've been wondering too.

Aerial bombardment without a single casualty is unheard of in any military operation.

The other day, they said the army has finished with bokoharam and the following two days, IDP camp in Yola was bombed.

Time will tell.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by totorimi: 3:21am On Sep 14, 2015
It is expected, Boko wouldn't just disappear just like that without raising some international questions. By December they would all disappear trust me on this, but let's watch and see if any meaningful arrest would be made is another thing.
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by Olukat(m): 4:51am On Sep 14, 2015
ademega:
enemies won't like this news

just check them out and ignore them

Who are the enemies?
We knew the end was near.
Just sad your like minds had to kill so much innocent souls to get power. angry angry
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by ademega(m): 6:07am On Sep 14, 2015
Olukat:

Who are the enemies?
We knew the end was near.
Just sad your like minds had to kill so much innocent souls to get power. angry angry

bros I no mention anybody z name oh. enemies can easily identify themselves oh
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by thundafire: 7:38am On Sep 14, 2015
dats GEJ legacy continued by dy daura of dy north yet dy will say in 3 months it was wiped out but 4got dat GEJ had wiped dm out b4 stepping down nd APC go make noise with dier blind followers anyway posterity will judge 4 GEJ
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by tswitch: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2015
A not too smart ploy to grant the blood sucking killers amnesty.

Can someone help tell the certificateless normad that we can see through the charade.

Keep on deceiving yourselves, surrender ko surrender ni!
Re: Nigerian Troops Claim Boko Haram Terrorists Are Surrendering In Droves by newspapers: 4:14am On Oct 15, 2015
What will a nigeria without Boko Haram looks like? - http://www.newscabal.com/2015/10/15/a-nigeria-without-book-haram/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole And Iara Celebrate Independence Day With Kids / Who Is The Real Jagaban In South East Politics? / Presidency Replies Northern Elders Forum: 'You Are A General Without Troops'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.