Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? (6005 Views)

Boko Haram Didn't Kidnap Chibok Girls, APC Used Them Against GEJ - Labour Party / APC Kicked Against GEJ For Sacking Yakubu, Former NNPC Boss (Pic) / This Man Apologizes To Those Who Voted APC Because Of Him (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by M4gunners: 3:26am On Sep 15, 2015
christinie:
Tell them dear.
I got no pity for all the morons who voted good GEJ out. They will suffer and smile for four years.
Amen on behalf of those morons.
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by christinie(f): 5:30am On Sep 15, 2015
grin grin grin
M4gunners:
Amen on behalf of those morons.
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by christinie(f): 5:31am On Sep 15, 2015
Hissef. Oyibo! Oya supu.

Primary school drop out.

Who let the dogs out??!!!??
mikolo80:

loo hoo hoo ser
Hahahaha
don't worry I understand
na so agama lizard de congratulate hissef
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by jaybee3(m): 5:50am On Sep 15, 2015
So few thousands lost jobs and their respective families thrown into high degrees of bother as a direct result of the TSA policy.

We agree that it's one of the disadvantages of introducing such policy in tough economic climate but what about the advantages:

Millions more will hopefully feel the effect of good governance as well as provision of basic infrastructure due to the obvious resultant effect of closing avenues that govt departments have been using to siphon money.

It will force the banks to reduce their dependency of govt departments deposits and in turn ensure they become innovative on their business models which will hopefully strenghtne their ethics and best practices.

Excerpts from IMF paper => https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/wp/2010/wp10143.pdf
"
The primary objective of a TSA is to ensure effective aggregate control over government cash balances. The consolidation of cash resources through a TSA arrangement facilitates government cash management by minimizing borrowing costs.5 In the absence of a TSA, idle balances are maintained in several bank accounts.6 Effective aggregate control of cash is also a key element in monetary and budget management.

There are other objectives for setting up a TSA. They include: minimizing transaction costs during budget execution, notably by controlling the delay in the remittance of government revenues (both tax and nontax) by collecting banks, and making rapid payments of government expenses; facilitating reconciliation between banking and accounting data; efficient control and monitoring of funds allocated to various government agencies; and facilitating better coordination with the monetary policy implementation.
The benefits of a TSA flow from its objectives:

Allows complete and timely information on government cash resources. In countries with advanced payment and settlement systems and an Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) with adequate interfaces with the banking system, this information will be available in real time. As a minimum, complete updated balances should be available daily.

Improves appropriation control. The TSA ensures that the MoF has full control over budget allocations, and strengthens the authority of the budget appropriation. When separate bank accounts are maintained, the result is often a fragmented system, where funds provided for budgetary appropriations are augmented by additional cash resources that become available through various creative, often extrabudgetary, measures.

Improves operational control during budget execution. When the treasury has full information about cash resources, it can plan and implement budget execution in an efficient, transparent, and reliable manner. The existence of uncertainty regarding whether the treasury will have sufficient funds to finance programmed expenditures may lead to sub-optimal behavior by budget entities, such as exaggerating their estimates for cash needs or channeling expenditures through off-budget arrangements.

Enables efficient cash management. A TSA facilitates regular monitoring of government cash balances. It also enables higher quality cash outturn analysis to be undertaken (e.g., identifying causal factors of variances and distinguishing causal factors from random variations in cash balances).

Reduces bank fees and transaction costs. Reducing the number of bank accounts results in lower administrative cost for the government for maintaining these accounts, including the cost associated with bank reconciliation, and reduced banking fees.

Facilitates efficient payment mechanisms. A TSA ensures that there is no ambiguity regarding the volume or the location of the government funds, and makes it possible to monitor payment mechanisms precisely. It can result in substantially lower transaction costs because of economies of scale in processing payments. The establishment of a TSA is usually combined with elimination of the “float” in the banking and the payment systems, and the introduction of transparent fee and penalty structures for payment services. Many governments have achieved substantial reductions in their real cost of banking services by introducing a TSA.

Improves bank reconciliation and quality of fiscal data. A TSA allows for effective reconciliation between the government accounting systems and cash flow statements from the banking system. This reduces the risk of errors in reconciliation processes, and improves the timeliness and quality of the fiscal accounts.

Lowers liquidity reserve needs. A TSA reduces the volatility of cash flows through the treasury, thus allowing it to maintain a lower cash reserve/buffer to meet unexpected fiscal volatility."

1 Like

Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by mikolo80: 6:33am On Sep 15, 2015
christinie:
Hissef. Oyibo! Oya supu.

Primary school drop out.

Who let the dogs out??!!!??
Aaahhg quick somebody get the doctor. 500mg of tranquilizer. lunatic on the loose. muttering gibberish
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by ckmayoca: 6:34am On Sep 15, 2015
Trut:

My dear, I don't have pity for anyone who lost his or her job. They all voted for CHANGE.

If GEJ had been voted him, people will still loose there job since he already made move to sell some sectors (privatisation) so don't feel good some ppl won't be able to feed thier wives n kids.
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by ckmayoca: 6:35am On Sep 15, 2015
Trut:

My dear, I don't have pity for anyone who lost his or her job. They all voted for CHANGE.

If GEJ had been voted him, people will still loos.e there job since he already made move to sell some sectors (privatisation) so don't feel good some ppl won't be able to feed thier wives n kids.
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by Blackfire(m): 6:49am On Sep 15, 2015
mikolo80:

how by losing
see don't deceive yourself
he couldn't rig cos his governors were bad candidates compared to tinubu performers.

Perfoming govnors like aregbe,fayemi,ajumobi.
Can u bet with your life that APC didnt rig the election? Imagine a boko haram ravaged states having millions of votes, compare to south.

where.

In nigeria,in your street... Even our saviour buhari attest to that last month(the refineries and other goodnews we are seeing)..

losing due to being afraid of world court and genocide is not a trait to be admired.he lost woefully. even after rigging.

Hahahaha,yes he lost in every state. And please what was the final result difference?.
He may ve lost the election but he has won my heart.. Baba iyabo can never accept defeat, our saviour buhari will ask for blood.
I wish buhari goodluck.

Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by erunz(m): 6:54am On Sep 15, 2015
wirinet:
No wonder your people excel in fictional literature, you just sit down an imagine stories without recourse to reality. Why not tell us how many bankers lost their job under Jonathan's reign?

see the links below;

https://www.nairaland.com/356403/zenith-bank-downsizes-600-employees
https://www.nairaland.com/1536315/massive-sack-union-bank
http://www.businessjournalng.com/first-bank-may-sack-2740-over-branch-downsizing/
https://www.nairaland.com/857072/access-bank-sacks-1500-intercontinental
https://www.nairaland.com/998989/unity-bank-retires-500-workers

These are just a tip of the iceberg as the number of bank workers sacked or retrenched in the last 6 years is huge.

You were not concerned about the tens of thousands of bankers that have lost their jobs within the last 6 years, why are you suddenly concerned now?
It earlier you stop mentioning Jonathan the better for you. We are still talking abt bank workers, about 60,000 construction workers lose their jobs in less than for months to this administration
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/60000-construction-workers-lose-jobs-in-4-months/ . APC promise change, but the particular change is regressive
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by Trut(m): 7:18am On Sep 15, 2015
jaybee3:
So few thousands lost jobs and their respective families thrown into high degrees of bother as a direct result of the TSA policy.

We agree that it's one of the disadvantages of introducing such policy in tough economic climate but what about the advantages:

Millions more will hopefully feel the effect of good governance as well as provision of basic infrastructure due to the obvious resultant effect of closing avenues that govt departments have been using to siphon money.

It will force the banks to reduce their dependency of govt departments deposits and in turn ensure they become innovative on their business models which will hopefully strenghtne their ethics and best practices.

Excerpts from IMF paper => https://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/wp/2010/wp10143.pdf
"
The primary objective of a TSA is to ensure effective aggregate control over government cash balances. The consolidation of cash resources through a TSA arrangement facilitates government cash management by minimizing borrowing costs.5 In the absence of a TSA, idle balances are maintained in several bank accounts.6 Effective aggregate control of cash is also a key element in monetary and budget management.

There are other objectives for setting up a TSA. They include: minimizing transaction costs during budget execution, notably by controlling the delay in the remittance of government revenues (both tax and nontax) by collecting banks, and making rapid payments of government expenses; facilitating reconciliation between banking and accounting data; efficient control and monitoring of funds allocated to various government agencies; and facilitating better coordination with the monetary policy implementation.
The benefits of a TSA flow from its objectives:

Allows complete and timely information on government cash resources. In countries with advanced payment and settlement systems and an Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) with adequate interfaces with the banking system, this information will be available in real time. As a minimum, complete updated balances should be available daily.

Improves appropriation control. The TSA ensures that the MoF has full control over budget allocations, and strengthens the authority of the budget appropriation. When separate bank accounts are maintained, the result is often a fragmented system, where funds provided for budgetary appropriations are augmented by additional cash resources that become available through various creative, often extrabudgetary, measures.

Improves operational control during budget execution. When the treasury has full information about cash resources, it can plan and implement budget execution in an efficient, transparent, and reliable manner. The existence of uncertainty regarding whether the treasury will have sufficient funds to finance programmed expenditures may lead to sub-optimal behavior by budget entities, such as exaggerating their estimates for cash needs or channeling expenditures through off-budget arrangements.

Enables efficient cash management. A TSA facilitates regular monitoring of government cash balances. It also enables higher quality cash outturn analysis to be undertaken (e.g., identifying causal factors of variances and distinguishing causal factors from random variations in cash balances).

Reduces bank fees and transaction costs. Reducing the number of bank accounts results in lower administrative cost for the government for maintaining these accounts, including the cost associated with bank reconciliation, and reduced banking fees.

Facilitates efficient payment mechanisms. A TSA ensures that there is no ambiguity regarding the volume or the location of the government funds, and makes it possible to monitor payment mechanisms precisely. It can result in substantially lower transaction costs because of economies of scale in processing payments. The establishment of a TSA is usually combined with elimination of the “float” in the banking and the payment systems, and the introduction of transparent fee and penalty structures for payment services. Many governments have achieved substantial reductions in their real cost of banking services by introducing a TSA.

Improves bank reconciliation and quality of fiscal data. A TSA allows for effective reconciliation between the government accounting systems and cash flow statements from the banking system. This reduces the risk of errors in reconciliation processes, and improves the timeliness and quality of the fiscal accounts.

Lowers liquidity reserve needs. A TSA reduces the volatility of cash flows through the treasury, thus allowing it to maintain a lower cash reserve/buffer to meet unexpected fiscal volatility."

Epistle grin
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by christinie(f): 8:46am On Sep 15, 2015
1st time in history: a mad man calling an ambulance for himself. Continue.
mikolo80:
Aaahhg quick somebody get the doctor. 500mg of tranquilizer. lunatic on the loose. muttering gibberish
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by mikolo80: 10:58pm On Sep 15, 2015
christinie:
last time in history: I'm a mad man calling an ambulance for myself.I shall Continue.
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by mikolo80: 11:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
[quote author=Blackfire post=38020454][/quote] off course they rigged. are you a learner.
if e easy why him no rig
even after sharing 2 trillion in 6 weeks
he still lost. cos you can't rig where you're very unpopular.
they are performing by gej standard (shows you how bad he was)
abegabegabeg make we hear word
refineries that did not work for 8 yrs somebody made it work in 2 months you're claiming it. you believe they would work if the doofus had won then you better move to bayelsa. the mumu is begging ppl to vote for his wife's candidate so that we won't laugh at him, pathetic.
he only one in east and south south due to tribalism. and the rigging no make sense but we still won.
too bad your heart not enough to give him victory
that's how winners roll
they never accept defeat
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by christinie(f): 3:21am On Sep 16, 2015
I spent about 3 hours yesterday at Zenith Bank because they had only one cashier issuing out money to their customers.

All the other cashiers had been sacked.

Welcome to change!!!
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by Truckpusher(m): 3:33am On Sep 16, 2015
grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by Trut(m): 3:48am On Sep 16, 2015
christinie:
I spent about 3 hours yesterday at Zenith Bank because they had only one cashier issuing out money to their customers.

All the other cashiers had been sacked.

Welcome to change!!!

That's the real CHANGE they demand for, so they should enjoy negative effects while it last grin
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by Blackfire(m): 5:11am On Sep 16, 2015
mikolo80:
off course they rigged. are you a learner.
if e easy why him no rig
even after sharing 2 trillion in 6 weeks
he still lost. cos you can't rig where you're very unpopular.
they are performing by gej standard (shows you how bad he was)
abegabegabeg make we hear word
refineries that did not work for 8 yrs somebody made it work in 2 months you're claiming it. you believe they would work if the doofus had won then you better move to bayelsa. the mumu is begging ppl to vote for his wife's candidate so that we won't laugh at him, pathetic.
he only one in east and south south due to tribalism. and the rigging no make sense but we still won.
too bad your heart not enough to give him victory
that's how winners roll
they never accept defeat

jona shared 6 trillion for election?eyin aye e tun tide.

If jona won down south beacause of tribalism.. So buhari won in the north because he can sing azonto? Again u mean to tell me jona only won in the south?.

About the refineries didnt u see our saviour buhari saying it on the news, that the credit should not be given to him? .

Finally i am a winner.. Why? Any decision buhari take will affect me and u.. When i go to the bank, the wont tell me to go back, or tell u to carry there ATM because buhari won.
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by christinie(f): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2015
Exactly. People were complaining bitterly. I had to take it upon myself to explain to them that that's part of the change. Retrogressive change.
Trut:

That's the real CHANGE they demand for, so they should enjoy negative effects while it last grin
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by mikolo80: 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
Blackfire:

jona shared 6 trillion for election?eyin aye e tun tide.

If jona won down south beacause of tribalism.. So buhari won in the north because he can sing azonto? Again u mean to tell me jona only won in the south?.

About the refineries didnt u see our saviour buhari saying it on the news, that the credit should not be given to him? .

Finally i am a winner.. Why? Any decision buhari take will affect me and u.. When i go to the bank, the wont tell me to go back, or tell u to carry there ATM because buhari won.
wetin you Sabi
learners Will be learners
but north weren't tribal in 2011
even I would have voted him
you wouldn't know anything about false modesty would you
each time you buy imported goods cos we don't produce shiee you lose
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by Trut(m): 9:17am On Sep 18, 2015
christinie:
Exactly. People were complaining bitterly. I had to take it upon myself to explain to them that that's part of the change. Retrogressive change.

They are enjoying the change now grin
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by christinie(f): 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hahahaha sweet change.
Trut:

They are enjoying the change now grin
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by Splashme: 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
mekaboy:
Its no big deal bro. They will simply feed on buharis body language. Its enough to sustain them.
Re: What Is The Fate Of Those Sacked Bankers Who Voted Against GEJ? by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 03, 2015
christinie:
Hahahaha sweet change.

Sweetest change ever

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Saraki Returns To PDP, Meet Jonathan, PDP Caucus In Abuja / Muhammed Abubakar Distributes 200 Tricycles To IDPs In Bauchi(photos) / Radio Biafra Reportage On Lagos Fuel Tanker Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.