Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol (55140 Views)

Babangida Sent A Bag Of Money To Buhari In 1988 - Biographer Reveals What He Did / Lagos Sells 50kg Bag Of Rice N8k Ahead Of Osinbajo's Visit(photos) / Woman Gave Birth To Triplet At Bama IDP Centre In Borno(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by afroniger: 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2015
embarassed cry sad

■ Couple agonises over burden of triplets
■‘Govt offers bag of rice, 12 toilet tissues, N2000

A couple in Anambra state, Mr and Mrs Asiegbu Mmadubuko have cried out for help after giving birth to triplets which they say they cannot adequately cater for. They said they got help from the Anambra state Ministry of Women Affairs but it wasn't enough. According to them, they got 1 bag of rice, 12 toilet tissues, 1 Dettol liquid, 1 packet of pears soap and 1 pears cream for children, and N2000.

According to Saturday Sun, Oluchukwu gave birth unexpectedly at their home on June 16th, without knowing she was about to give birth to triplets. Her husband, Asiegbu narrated the ordeal they went through in giving birth to their children, two girls and a boy christened - Ibetom, Okuanata and Chukwusomeje.

"On the 16th June, 2015 around 2am, my wife woke me up amid deep groaning, telling me that she was in labour. Before I could lead her out of the house in order to take her to the local birth attendant where she used to go to for antenatal, the baby started coming out. The whole event surrounding it was so strange to me because I had never witnessed that kind of thing before. I don’t know what to do and where to start.

Luckily, there’s a nurse living in our neighbourhood so I quickly ran to her house to solicit for her assistance. When she came, she was apparently confused too as she could not give me satisfactory answer on the cause of the continued painful moaning of my wife despite the fact that a baby had come out. With hot tears in my eyes, I painfully and helplessly watched my wife going down.

I couldn’t bear it; hence, I summoned courage and went down to the local birth attendant who presided over her antenatal although it’s a bit far from my house. At first, she declined to come to our aid saying she could not come out by that time of the night but I begged fervently; explaining the pathetic condition of my wife. I told her that I don’t understand what the first nurse was doing and that I can’t afford to lose my wife. When we got to my house, we took her inside the room to ascertain the exact problem because the baby came out while we were outside. Before we knew it, my wife was delivered of a second baby.

I never expected that. In fact, I was dumbfounded. I don’t know whether to start rejoicing or what. You know that kind of thing. I was very concerned about the health condition of my wife that night. Still surprised, they told me that the third child has come out. Ha! I never expected that my wife would be delivered of twins talk more of triplets. Just then, my wife collapsed; shaking very convulsively. She was bleeding too. Lord! I was seriously devastated. At once, I was gasping for breath. It felt like the whole air in the world has been exhausted. But the nurse said I should bring her to her own ‘clinic’. She said she could handle it. There again the problem of transport means popped up.

But luckily, my brother’s car was available so he came over and we headed to the nurse’s apartment. But my spirit was not comfortable with the treatment the nurse was giving her because she wasn’t responding to the treatment as expected. I was praying fervently for the day to break so that I could seek alternative means. In the morning, I rushed her to Amaku General Hospital, Awka.

I was hoping that the government would come to our aid given the condition we found ourselves. But before I knew it, expenses were heavily raining on me. I never minded because my major concern was my wife and the triplets. But there again, she started shaking convulsively in the hospital. That was when the health workers knew it was a serious matter. Thank God they were able to manage the convulsion and bleeding and other complications. Thereafter, I paid for some pints of blood that she was given and numerous expensive drugs. I was paying for drugs every day. I expended about N200,000 which I borrowed from the village meeting in that hospital. That is in addition to N180,000 I had earlier saved, waiting for her delivery date. At a point, I told them that the money I borrowed has been exhausted.

I pleaded with them to direct me on how I can get assistance from the Anambra State government. Sadly, because I was no longer able to pay for their numerous medical bills and drugs, they stopped attending to my wife; you know how hospital people used to behave. As we speak, I owe many people heavily. The first money I borrowed was N100,000 and later on I borrowed another N100,000 making it N200,000 plus other smaller amounts I borrowed. I also paid the previous two nurses who attended to her in the village N10,000 each.

Nevertheless, I thank God for everything” he said, adding that “The health workers did not tell me exactly what the problem was, rather, they were blaming the local nurses who attended to her in the village. They said she was supposed to undergo caesarean operation. I said God forbid; thanking God it was not through operation. I told them since God has made it that way they should do the needful as my major concern was the welfare of my wife and triplets. They kept writing drugs upon drugs and there was nothing concrete they said was the cause of the convulsion. But I suspected she was short of blood as she had bled throughout the time her labour lasted.”he said

Speaking further, he said "Due to lack of money, we left the hospital before the due date to the village. As we speak, my wife is still sick. The newly born babies are not feeding well. All we are offering them is pap. There is no way she can breastfeed the three of them at the same time. The nursing mother should be feeding very well so that the breast would be producing enough rich milk for the infants. I am just managing the whole thing. There are several nutritional foods they should be eating but because there is no cash in my hand they don’t. We are passing through difficulty now. Her postpartum has been ruled out because there is no money.

At a point, I wrote a letter to the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development humbly requesting for their assistance. I also attached pictures of all of us while in the hospital. But since that month of June to date, they did not respond. My wife, knowing the condition she was passing through, complained that she and her new babies were feeding poorly. Truly she was right. I had to go back to the ministry to know what has been holding back my humble request for assistance but the commissioner wasn’t on seat. The officials I met kept directing me from one office to another. When I went to Child Department, I didn’t see anybody but a corps member.

She told me that the workers in that department did not come because their children were sick. She directed me to come back later without any specific date. Later they directed me to another office, which also directed me back to Child Department. I waited a whole day without result and I had to go back home. Unfortunately, my first two children, a girl and a boy fell seriously sick due to malaria fever recently. I was just returning from the chemist shop where I took them to get drugs and saw some people in my house. They said that it was Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development that sent them. They came with 1 bag of rice, 12 pieces of toilet tissue, 1 Dettol liquid, 1 packet of pears soap and 1 pears cream for children, and N2000. They said that I shouldn’t come back to the ministry again. They said the N2000 was for my sick children. I wrote that letter on 22nd June, 2015. It was just three days ago that these officials from the ministry came to my village. My wife would have died if not the assistance the village meeting rendered to us.”he said

His wife also complained also complained of poor feeding of her babies
"My children are not feeding well as they should. A quantity of milk that is meant for one person is shared among the three; and I must say it is affecting them seriously. Also, breastfeeding them without adequate balanced food intake, is affecting me too. I’m not yet back to my normal self, health wise. I have not been going to postnatal because things are quite hard for us financially.”she said

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/three-is-trouble/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
"To my Genea", Quote me anywhere.
Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Flyoruboy(m): 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
I feel for the man and his family. A situation that ordinarily should bring joy has become a burden on his family. Nobody ever plans or is prepared for three children at a time. But seriously that state gov't can do better. 2k? ?

101 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by greatness22(m): 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
"They cannot carter for the triplet" but they can fvck at night. Mtchewww

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
Not govt's business.

21 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by frankyychiji(f): 3:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
Gov Obiano is definitely not part of the 2k sham. This is a man that gave over 80 needy students scholarships last week. The authorities in Anambra state should investigate this matter.

31 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by afroniger: 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
nwanna89:
Not govt's business.

Come on, show some compassion. Last time I checked, it's not a crime to be poor and nobody knows tomorrow. Besides, I think the gov't could have done much better than 2k.

87 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by therealdeal10: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
WTF 2k!!! 4 triplet shocked shocked

Na thunder go faya dat government, dey shuld av jst kept d moni 2 their greedy selves undecided

Dis is y i wanna bcum a philanthropist

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
greatness22:
"They cannot carter for the triplet" but they can fvck at night. Mtchewww

aren't you being stupid for making such ridiculous n derogatory comment?

288 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obi is good at cries like this.

1 bag of rice - N10,000
12 tissue papers - N1,200
1 pack of dettol liquid - N1,440
I carton of pears soap - N1,680
1 carton of pears cream - N1,680
Cash - N2,000
Transport and delivery - diff

Total - N20,000 ( costing from Ekemezie's shop, note dozen price quoted)

Nonsense grin

Anyway, nothing must happen to those children. Mrs. Obiano should do the needful on compassionate grounds.

Lalasticlala, Seun please assist in moving this discussion to Business Class seat.

36 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by greatness22(m): 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:

aren't you being stupid for making such ridiculous n derogatory comment?
Just like ur username, u are d prime minister of stupidity....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
afroniger:

Come on, show some compassion. Last time I checked, it's not a crime to be poor and nobody knows tomorrow. Besides, I think the gov't could have done much better than 2k.

If govt gives money to everyone who does not expect twins or triplets, then govt will be setting a very bad precedent and will get broke over time. I feel bad for the couple but they cannot say what govt gave them is too small. If they cannot take care of all three babies, they can put one or two up for adoption.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by kokoA(m): 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
Na Obiano straf your wife for you?

14 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by drey076(m): 4:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by WisdomFlakes: 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
nwanna89:

If they cannot take care of all three babies, they can put one or two up for adoption.

Guy, you harsh o.

26 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Ishilove: 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
Awww. Eyah cry

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Lafem(m): 4:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Lovely babies.

14 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by mikolo80: 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2015
afroniger:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/three-is-trouble/

http://lindaikeji..com.ng/2015/09/couple-with-triplets-in-anambra-cry-out.html

embarassed cry sad

Cc: lalasticala, ishilove, obinoscopy
when you de Bleep without condom you no need any help dat time ba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by afroniger: 5:28pm On Sep 13, 2015
mikolo80:
when you de Bleep without condom you no need any help dat time ba

Come on bro, quit being so judgmental. What if the couple had only made plans for one child, only for them to get three kids in one fell swoop? How many people do you know that plan to have 3 kids at a go? undecided

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by damiloladuke: 5:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
thats great

ARE YOU A BLOGGER? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by adepiero: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
Greedy people, is it the government that got your wife pregnant? You now take triplets as a valid reason to have a share of the national cake! Why you no request for allocation? #Nonsense undecided

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by damton(m): 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2015
That's ridiculous. our government seems to give importance to unimportant issue and vice versa

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by ibe9ja: 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
bag of rice, 12 toilet tissues, 1 Dettol liquid, 1 packet of pears soap and 1 pears cream for children, and N2000 from a zoo like Nigeria should be appreciated. I didn't expect such generosity from a zoo.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by kennyddonn(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
God will help u cater for them ijn...

as God did for me..

but the Govt can do better...

this one is too small...

given them 500k or 1m at least is preferable...

the man can do business with it..

The way God does his things some how is divine

the rich wud have wanted this coz there is money...

but God gives it to who he chooses..

baba God, awa maridi..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by nikkiking(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
2hk

Wat da fuvk is 2k for crying out loud shocked

7 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Captainswag225(m): 5:33pm On Sep 13, 2015
they should give 2 of the children out for adoption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Ilekeh(f): 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
They should cry to nnamdi kanu.

Good thing they aren't in Lagos or Ogun, else they'd have burdened Yorubas with their problems.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by frinx: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
2K? Haba hw much first class govt Oloshi dy get.

Triplet and una dy cry, people wen gt full football team neva shout.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by wunmi590(m): 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Is that what they could only offer this family and the future leaders of tomorrow (the babies), but if they are ask to loot, they would loot for their 50 generation to come.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Lucario007(m): 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Sentimentality aside, it is not the business of the government to cater for the needs of a couple who realized that they can not fend for themselves or their children. They did not think about the possibility of having to take care of children when the heat got to much at night and they decided to pleasure themselves, but now only come crying afterwards.

I'm surprised the government even gave them that much. undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Couple With Triplet Cry For Help, Govt Offers N2k, Bag Of Rice, Dettol by Badgers14: 5:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
Why are people blasting this couple for seeking govt help
Really it is a shame, yes a very big shame that Nigerians have to beg their govt for assistance.. Nigeria is so very blessed that no Nigerian should descend this low. Could you imagine
This is just an eyesore.
I see plenty peope saying sth like did the govt f..u.ck. Your wife for you ? Those people are just ignorant.
When you travel abroad and see how those govt take care of their citizens... You will see what am talking about.. Nigeria is even richer than most of those countries..
Smh...
May God Bless Nigeria sad

39 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Picture Of Adams Oshiomhole And Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (Caption It) / "Tompolo Flees To Libya, We Will Get Him Dead Or Alive" - Militants / Fatima Ganduje And Idris Abolaji Ajimobi's White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.