Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? (4102 Views)

Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer / Want To Buy New Laptop Or Tablet And Needs Assistance - Sifaso / Stolen Laptop,surface Tablet,a Child Pad- 20,000 Ransome For Who Finds It For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by bongolistik(m): 4:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
Have you thought of this question before, the difference between tablet computers and pad computers

A friend approached me yesterday and demanded that I should tell him the difference between tablet computers and pad computers.

After explaining to him, I thought it will also be a good thing that I put it up here for those that might be nursing similar question in mind.

Let’s start by drawing up similar analogical question; literally, demanding to know the difference between tablets and pads can be likened to wanting to know the difference between a helicopter and an aircraft.

There we go, and off course I expect you to know by now that a helicopter is a type of aircraft in similar manner we will tell you that a pad is a type of tablet computer; as simple as that right?

So, the main thing and the generic term here is Tablet computer; and pad on the other hand is just a type of tablet computer.

And we define Tablet Computers in general term as mobile computers with touchscreen display within particular range of sizes that uses either finger or stylus gesture as substitute for mouse and physical keyboard.

With that now in mind, you can see that it will appear quite awkward trying to differentiate between tablets and pads or we can simply say that both are not in the same categories to present for any logical differentiation or comparison.

Since the general name for mobile computers of such nature is Tablet Computer, the name pads, can also be taken to be the name adopted by some mobile computer OEM in referring to their particular set of tablet computers.

Source: http://highteknology.com/2015/09/differences-between-tablets-and-pads.html
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
Simple Op.....one is a drug when you ill (tablet) and the other is used by women on their period (pad)
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by Lovexme(m): 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
You are basically saying the same thing. Tab is the shortened form of Tablet.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by bongolistik(m): 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Lovexme:
You are basically saying the same thing. Tab is the shortened form of Tablet.
maybe you didn't read well. We didn't say tab and tablet, but tablet and pad
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by Lovexme(m): 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
bongolistik:
maybe you didn't read well. We didn't say tab and tablet, but tablet and pad

I suppose I only saw what I wanted to see.

But really, a tablet and a pad aren’t necessarily different from each other.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by femi4: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
Tablet: Samsung product

Pad: Apple product

Lobatan!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by fattbabakay(m): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
femi4:
Tablet: Samsung product
Pad: Apple product
Lobatan!
na only Samsung get tablet??
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by femi4: 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
fattbabakay:
na only Samsung get tablet??
All other tablets..... na so so yeye,
Every other tablets...na so so yeye
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by fattbabakay(m): 8:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
femi4:
All other tablets..... na so so yeye, Every other tablets...na so so yeye
make tecno cashew...
Re: What Is The Difference Between Tablet And Pad? by okitikpo: 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2015
fattbabakay:
make tecno cashew...
Innjoo self d vex for the guy

(1) (Reply)

100+ Top Whatsapp Group Names Ideas / Wintouch K93 9inch Kids Tablet PC. 16GB / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.