Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:41 PM

BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says (648 Views)

Niger Delta Volunteer Force Members Surrender Arms And Charms / 76 Hungry Boko Haram Members Surrender To Nigerian Military / Boko Haram Members Surrender To Troops As They Rescue More Villagers .. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says by QueenEva27(f): 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
According to Premium Times-The Nigerian Army on Sunday said scores of members of the Boko Haram insurgent group have surrendered their arms.

In a statement by its spokesperson, Sani Usman, the army said the insurgents began surrendering when they realised that the ‘new strategies’ being deployed by soldiers was becoming successful.
“The new strategies employed included sustained offensive operations, pre-emptive air strikes by the Nigerian Airforce and routes blocking by ground troops all geared towards constricting and snuffing out the Boko Haram terrorists,” the Army said.
The Army’s new offensive, tagged’ Operation Lafiya Dole’, followed the appointment of Tukur Buratai, a Lieutenant General, as the Chief of Army Staff by President Muhammadu Buhari.
PREMIUM TIMES reported how Mr. Buratai, an indigene of Borno, last week visited Gamboru, a border town between Nigeria and Cameroon, which was recently retaken from the insurgents. The Army chief stayed the night there, fraternized with soldiers on the field, and pledged not to lose any territory to the terrorists whose insurgency has caused the death of about 20,000 people since 2009.

Read the army’s full statement of Sunday below
The new strategies being employed by the military have started yielding positive results with scores of terrorists surrendering to troops and many more willing to surrender. The new strategies employed included sustained offensive operations, pre-emptive air strikes by the Nigerian Airforce and routes blocking by ground troops all geared towards constricting and snuffing out the Boko Haram terrorists.
Many of the terrorists that willingly surrendered painted images of mass panic and hysteria among their erstwhile colleagues who are feeling the noose tightening on their necks with the relentless efforts of troops and renewed vigour in operations inspired by the personal leadership of the Chief of Army Staff.
Terrorists.....

http://www.queendoosh.com/2015/09/breaking-boko-haram-members-surrender.html
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says by munchfani: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
WELL DONE GMB.
SHAME ON THOSE THAT HATE MY PRESIDENT.
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says by ORACLE1975(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
K
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says by warrior01: 4:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
Why wouldn't they surrender after all they have achieved their objective of installing their own. Please when is the planned amnesty coming up as this drama is getting stale.
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says by power4reps(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
Are you unemployed, a Youth corps member (NYSC), House wife, or Student? Do you desire an income raise even as a paid employee? I want to share one of my success secrets with you. Do you have the following items? 1. A BANK ACCOUNT (Current or Savings) 2. 2 FRIENDS YOU WANT TO HELP 3. N6,600 ($40)? If you have the above listed items and you want to take a risk like i did to succeed, PING me and i will show you how to turn N6,600 to Millions in simple basic steps. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS NETWORKING BUT A SIMPLE ONE. NO SELLING, JUST SERVICES. NO REJECTION, NO FAILURE! NO EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED. This is an opportunity that empowers you so you can empower others and be happy for the rest of your life. (Thank me later). whatsapp 08036146835 for more info
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says by psucc(m): 5:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
Surrender ke?
Re: BREAKING: Boko Haram Members Surrender, Nigerian Army Says by broxymall(m): 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2015
we neede to see photo not randy talk,
we are yet to hear the arrest of the 20yrs old female arm robber leader..

visit my signature for Timberland ,Gucci sneakers and Watches

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has Given Igbo The Biggest Appointment Position So Far / 6 CRITICAL QUESTIONS FOR APC GOVT BASED ON APC CHIEFTAIN QUOTES / The Coming Generation Scares Me...real Hard!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.