Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

'i Inherited N2bn Not N48bn' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'i Inherited N2bn Not N48bn' (694 Views)

Jonathan Spent N2bn Not N64bn On October 1- FG Replies El-rufai / Boko Haram Spends N2bn Yearly To Sponsor Attacks – UN / APC Youth Accuses TY Danjuma Of Bribing INEC With N2bn For Taraba Re-run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'i Inherited N2bn Not N48bn' by qkman: 4:26pm On Apr 08, 2009
For the first time since February 17 that he came on board, Acting Governor of Ekiti State, Honourable Tunji Odeyemi, yesterday declared that his administration inherited N2 billion cash, as well as a debt of about N5 billion from former Governor Segun Oni. Odeyemi, who was Speaker of the State House of Assembly, before he became the Acting Governor, following the Appeal Court ruling, which nullified the 2007 election that produced Oni as governor.

Since then, there had been controversy over the true financial position of the state, especially in respect of incessant claims by Oni that he left N48 billion in the treasury.
While briefing the press at the New Governor’s Office, Ado-Ekiti, Odeyemi's Special Adviser on Information and Civic Orientation, Mr Patrick Ajigbolamu, said the need to put the record straight became imperative, so as to correct the signal that the initial claim had sent to the public about the present administration.

Ajigbolamu's statement corroborated that of Chairman, Committee on Information and Sports, Honourable Adebayo Morakinyo, that Oni left N4 billion in the coffer, out of which N2 billion was meant for the ecological funds, which according to him, cannot be spent by anybody.
Ajigbolamu said it was impossible for a government which left in a hurry to know accurately how much it left in the coffer.While reacting to the allegation that government spent over N200 million on President Yar'Adua's visit to the state, Ajigbloamu said the allegation was false and baseless, but did not state how much was spent.
Re: 'i Inherited N2bn Not N48bn' by jamace(m): 2:44pm On Apr 10, 2009
OMG! See how a few individuals are toying with money of a state of some million inhabitants. Kai, Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Phcn Kills One - Gross Incompetence - Which Way Nigeria - Pic Included / Yar'adua Speaks, Vows To Break Corruption, Power Jinx- Exclusive Interview / Inec Should Be Privatized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.