Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? (3009 Views)

Yomi Casual's Child's Naming Ceremony In The US (Photos) / Between Bovi And A Fan Begging For Money For His Child’s Naming Ceremony / Naming Ceremony Of Seyi Tinubu's Daughter In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by ThePeacemaker(m): 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
Is it a Sin to name you child Jesus? I was just wondering if it is a sin? Or is it just looked down upon? Serious answers here people, Atheists I know your answer so please don't answer unless you know the question....thanks!
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by fergus0n: 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2015
If u ask me na hu ag go ask
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by agarawu23(m): 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
ThePeacemaker:
Is it a Sin to name you child Jesus?
I was just wondering if it is a sin? Or
is it just looked down upon? Serious
answers here people, Atheists I know
your answer so please don't answer
unless you know the
question....thanks!
grin grin grin
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Who said its a sin? Its just another name like 'Aaron'.
The name Jesus is a common spanish name(google that) so you're free to name your child anything you want.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
Of course you can.... but you can't name him "Christ" No one bears that name except Jesus of Nazareth. You can try and give that name to your kid nd see if he will lives a second
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:
The name Jesus is a common spanish name(google that) so you're free to name your child anything you want.
Except the name "Christ"
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by kelvyn7: 8:23pm On Sep 13, 2015
once had a school mate who had the name Jesus
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Except the name "Christ"
If Christ is a name and not a word then I don't see anything wrong with it too.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:

If Christ is a name and not a word then I don't see anything wrong with it too.
Try it out and see if you will live to tell the story
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 13, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Try it out and see if you will live to tell the story
Ah ah undecided. Anything wrong with the word?
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:

Ah ah undecided. Anything wrong with the word?
You find that out by naming your kid "Christ"
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
starlingslimnet:
You find that out by naming your kid "Christ"
If you're not ready to answer the question I see no reason bothering you anymore.

1 Like

Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:

If you're not ready to answer the question I see no reason bothering you anymore.
It's not a matter of question. The name Christ belong to the Son of God.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by uboma(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:

You are very correct. Anyone can be bear the name Jesus. I have some Spainaids bearing the name.

@ op, I think it becomes blasphemy when one names his child 'Christ'.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
starlingslimnet:
It's not a matter of question. The name Christ belong to the Son of God.
We're all children of God so I don't understand the favouritism. Why would the bible say something then contradict itself saying only Jesus can bear the name? Makes no sense whatsoever.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:

We're all children of God so I don't understand the favouritism. Why would the bible say something then contradict itself saying only Jesus can bear the name? Makes no sense whatsoever.
we are only sons of God when we believe in Christ but Christ is not "a" Son but "the" Son of God and that makes the difference.

Actually no one in the world bears the name Christ but you might want to put God to test by giving that name to your kid. But I tell you if your kid live a second on earth with the name then the Lord shall not be my God!!
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2015
starlingslimnet:
we are only sons of God when we believe in Christ but Christ is not "a" Son but "the" Son of God and that makes the difference.

Actually no one in the world bears the name Christ but you might want to put God to test by giving that name to your kid. But I tell you if your kid live a second on earth with the name then the Lord shall not be my God!!
...and this is the same God who has repeatedly failed to rid the world of terrorists, murderers, child killers, animal rapists, life threatening diseases and death but shows jealousy over a name? SMH.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:

...and this is the same God who has repeatedly failed to rid the world of terrorists, murderers, child killers, animal rapists, life threatening diseases and death but shows jealousy over a name? SMH.
Just try it out and don't be a coward.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 13, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Just try it out and don't be a coward.
Since I've no children I'd name a pet.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:

Since I've no children I'd name a pet.
Try it out and see if it will live a second
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 13, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Try it out and see if it will live a second

http://nation.time.com/2013/08/12/from-messiah-to-hitler-what-you-can-and-cannot-name-your-child/
Time magazine: More than 800 American children born in 2012 were named Messiah, according to the Social Security Administration; nearly 4,000 were named Jesus; about 500 were named Mohammed; and 29 baby boys were named Christ.
Any death from such naming would receive international exposure. Your theory holds no water.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 13, 2015
charix:

http://nation.time.com/2013/08/12/from-messiah-to-hitler-what-you-can-and-cannot-name-your-child/

Any death from such naming would receive international exposure. Your theory holds no water.
Why afraid to try it uhn.....even on your pet? Try it or you afraid of someone that don't exist? Don't be a coward.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Why afraid to try it uhn.....even on your pet? Try it or you afraid of someone that don't exist? Don't be a coward.
Let me guess, you did not click the link sad.
Re: Naming Your Child ''JESUS'' :riqht Or Wronq? by WailingWailer00(m): 5:51am On Oct 01, 2015
From the look on your dp it shows you're from a poor family
You tribal bastards and bigots have no safe haven on Nairaland
Once I get you, it's over for you till I say so grin

Hungry looking yellowbar bastard like your useless poor wretched father

Like I said earlier, quote me, I'm waiting grin

(1) (Reply)

Girls, Women Show Bare B0.obs In New Nollywood Film (photos) / Photo Of Youngest Wife Of The Alaafin Of Oyo Looking Like An Arabian Queen. / Check Out These Beautiful Blue-eyed Little Boy Who Suffers From Vitiligo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.