Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( (2384 Views)

Mercedes Benz Introduces Headlamps With Over A Million Pixels Of Illumination / Looking For Headlamps & Front Grille For 2009 Hyundai Genesis / Modifications That Can Make Headlamps Brighter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( by d33types: 7:31am On Sep 14, 2015
Am autoelectrician asked to add a relay to my headlamps to increase the intensity/brightness..please anybody done this before?

Does it make sense..?
Re: Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:36am On Sep 14, 2015
Re: Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( by d33types: 7:56am On Sep 14, 2015
Hehe. Not the kpom sound again cheesy

Seriously..My "shiner" is okay..the bulbs are good too.

. Oga Gazzuzz , you haven't heard some ridiculous things from kazeems sha..
The electricians all attest to this
Re: Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 14, 2015
Your electrician is correct.

Running your headlamps via relays, which in turn are fed directly by the battery, means all your switch does is switch the relays. The relays then complete the circuit to the battery.

This prevents voltage drop, ensuring maximum lumen output.

2 Likes

Re: Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( by cardoctor(m): 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2015
Yes, adding a relay to your headlamp may increase the lumens output if everything else is ok i.e your headlamp lens.

Just don't allow an inexperienced electrician to do this for you or else your car may end up in flames one day due to careless taping of wires and leaving electrical components dangling loose in the engine bay. I see that all the time.

Car-doctor
Re: Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( by Kashif(m): 5:05pm On Sep 14, 2015
It depends.

If the current being switched by the relay is same as the one switching the relay, nothing is achieved. You will need relay only when you need to drive power stronger than your current switching capacity.

Note that poor job on this would lead to other electrical problems - engine and/or transmission malfunction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( by lonelydora: 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2015
In my father's words "leave am as oyibo do am".

Yea, it can actually increae your luminosity if done correctly by an experienced hand.

But, is the risk worth taking?
Re: Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( by nigeriancuban: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2015
*scoughs* all these kpako illitratic mechs and their old gaurd innovative skills ,you better not let an undecided mech play hide and seek with your electrical segments or you delve into more electrical faults in future..I know you wouldn't want your light going off on a night drive..

(1) (Reply)

Corolla 2010 Gear Delay Issue / 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip / Nissan Maxima Vs Toyota Corolla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.