Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip (2381 Views)

How Do I Handle This Mechanic Holding My Car For 9 Months & No Result? / Honda Civic Fuel Consumption At 7km Per Liter / Parts Of A Car That Has The Biggest Impact On Fuel Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by naijafinder: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2020
I have used up to 4 Honda cars. I used two EOD 2003,2004 and accord UK 2004.

Recently this year I decided to buy 2010 Civic Tokunbo with 380,000KM mileage on it.

I traveled from Benin City - Abuja (9hours) with a full tank of fuel approximately #7,500 fueling 21/08/2020.

I got to lokoja with slitly above half tank of fuel and keep enjoying my ride to Abuja. On arrival to Abuja, I was surprised I still had about 7 or 6 Bar of fuel on my tank to cruise around the city. Am really surprised this car can really saved alot on fuel.

While returning back to Benin city after two days I decided to refill the tank again with #7,500 and enjoy my ride to Benin city with AC on for some hours and off since the weather was cold.

Also got back to Benin city with amazing fuel remaining.

I personally estimated that the vehicle consume just #5000 fuel to ride to Abuja for 9hours.

My Civic drive very smoothly with know single issue.

Though I also have a 2006 Corolla but am loving the civic more for the interior and I also noticed it save more fuel on high way more than my Toyota Corolla and have more power to drive.

There is nothing as good as having a car that saves fuel and also not giving problem.

Milage on car is not that important, what matters most is the car maintenance history. My Corrolla have 130,000 milage in the odometer while the my Honda Civic now is 380,000+ milage and it's very calm and drive with the AC without any issue smoothly.

9 Likes

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by haiti007(m): 9:32am On Sep 06, 2020
I will check that when I buy my own grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by naijafinder: 9:35am On Sep 06, 2020
You really need to buy and check yours. If I had know before I would have only settled for Civic instead of the previous accord I used.

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by Victoraguwa: 9:39am On Sep 06, 2020
naijafinder:

Recently this year I decided to buy 2010 Civic Tokunbo with 380,000KM mileage on it.

I traveled from Benin City - Abuja (9hours) with a full tank of fuel approximately #7,500 fueling 21/08/2020.

I got to lokoja with half tank of fuel and keep enjoying my ride to Abuja. I was surprised I still had about 7 or 6 Bar of fuel on my tank to cruise around the city. Am really surprised this car can really saved alot on fuel.

While returning back to Benin city after two days I decided to refill the tank again with #7,500 and enjoy my ride to Benin city with AC on for some hours and off since the weather was cold.

I personally estimated that the vehicle consume just #5000 fuel to ride to Abuja for 9hours.

Though I also have a 2006 Corolla but am loving the civic more for the interior and I also noticed it save more fuel on high way more than my Toyota Corolla and have more power to drive.

There is nothing as good as having a car that saves fuel and also not giving problem.

Milage on car is not that important, what matters most is the car maintenance history. My Corrolla have 130,000 milage in the odometer while the my Honda Civic now is 380,000+ milage and it's very calm and drive with the AC without any issue smoothly.
Very true bro all Honda civic are bay

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by naijafinder: 9:43am On Sep 06, 2020
Yes
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by promotervickky(m): 10:00am On Sep 06, 2020
Civic is a Notorious fuel Economizer, the only thing is that Corolla is simple and compact.

But Civic is Newer in model, and saves Fuel. Civic is Bae!!

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by naijafinder: 1:18pm On Sep 06, 2020
I agree with you, Corolla is compact and also a nice car, while Civic is a beautiful car with a good fuel economy
promotervickky:
Civic is a Notorious fuel Economizer, the only thing is that Corolla is simple and compact.

But Civic is Newer in model, and saves Fuel. Civic is Bae!!

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by seanfer(m): 2:48pm On Sep 06, 2020
Mileage of a car to me is not a big deal. My 06 Camry i4 is having 333,000 miles on it and from PH to Lagos I will still have 1/4 tank of fuel without buying fuel on the road. Though there no Catalyst converter. And the car drives well.
Also it depends on how you drive. Someone will drive that same car on the same journey and use more fuel.
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by eagleeye2: 3:14pm On Sep 06, 2020
Op, how much is the Civic?
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by naijafinder: 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
eagleeye2:
Op, how much is the Civic?
I got for 1.8m

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by naijafinder: 4:06pm On Sep 06, 2020
seanfer:
Mileage of a car to me is not a big deal. My 06 Camry i4 is having 333,000 miles on it and from PH to Lagos I will still have 1/4 tank of fuel without buying fuel on the road. Though there no Catalyst converter. And the car drives well.
Also it depends on how you drive. Someone will drive that same car on the same journey and use more fuel.

That's correct, your drive pattern also determine how much fuel you save.
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by promotervickky(m): 4:23pm On Sep 06, 2020
Please am looking for a Reg 2008/2009 Honda Civic to Buy for my Clients, Car should be in Lagos or Osun State.
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by omans14(m): 4:36pm On Sep 06, 2020
naijafinder:

I got to lokoja with slitly above half tank of fuel and keep enjoying my ride to Abuja. On arrival to Abuja, I was surprised I still had about 7 or 6 Bar of fuel on my tank to cruise around the city. Am really surprised this car can really saved alot on fuel.

i drive a Honda civic 2008/2009 but mine gulps fuel like whale. I got it scanned today and the scan result is (oxygen sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1). What should i do because i want to enjoy the car to the fullest. Do you guys suggest i buy new oxygen sensors and fix only or buy the oxygen sensors with a catalytic converter AKA indomie and fix?
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by AutoElectNG: 4:43pm On Sep 06, 2020
omans14:
i drive a Honda civic 2008/2009 but mine gulps fuel like whale. I got it scanned today and the scan result is (oxygen sensor heater circuit bank 1 sensor 1). What should i do because i want to enjoy the car to the fullest. Do you guys suggest i buy new oxygen sensors and fix only or buy the oxygen sensors with a catalytic converter AKA indomie and fix?

Engines run on fuel, air and spark.

Your ECU cannot optimize the mix of fuel and air if you have bad oxygen sensors. So resolve your oxygen sensor heater circuit DTCs and you will be good.

Your problem may not necessarily be new oxygen sensors, it might well be wiring issues if your oxygen sensors are in order.

So fix the wiring issues if present or replace the oxygen sensors if the wiring is intact and you should be able to achieve the designed as fuel economy values.

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by mgdimagaladima(m): 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Enjoy ur ride
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by 2cribz: 5:51pm On Sep 06, 2020
How many MPG u dey get. Na
50mpg
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by sheu01: 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2020
omans14:
Remove the oxygen sensor and wash it with petrol, then fix it back but if it still gulf fuel after u have done that. Replace oxygen sensor

2 Likes

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by leTrizzle: 9:59pm On Sep 06, 2020
I was going to get that ride but the roads here in benin are something else. I wonder how you navigate around town considering how low the civic is.

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by dadabashua1(m): 10:16pm On Sep 06, 2020
Civic is no doubt one of the BEST cars on our roads today, nice styling both interior and exterior,excellent fuel economy,reliability and it has more security compare to corolla(the theif magnet),truly is a nice ride you got there Sir.

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by cletz991(m): 2:19am On Sep 07, 2020
leTrizzle:
I was going to get that ride but the roads here in benin are something else. I wonder how you navigate around town considering how low the civic is.
exactly am in Benin too the road are too bad for low cars

1 Like

Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by omans14(m): 7:17am On Sep 07, 2020
sheu01:

Remove the oxygen sensor and wash it with petrol, then fix it back but if it still gulf fuel after u have done that. Replace oxygen sensor
I washed it with injector cleaner already but the problem of gulping fuel is still persisting. I will replace the oxygen sensor and monitor the fuel consumption onward. Thanks alot sir
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by omans14(m): 7:19am On Sep 07, 2020
AutoElectNG:

Engines run on fuel, air and spark.

Your ECU cannot optimize the mix of fuel and air if you have bad oxygen sensors. So resolve your oxygen sensor heater circuit DTCs and you will be good.

Your problem may not necessarily be new oxygen sensors, it might well be wiring issues if your oxygen sensors are in order.

So fix the wiring issues if present or replace the oxygen sensors if the wiring is intact and you should be able to achieve the designed as fuel economy values.
I will use a qualified technician to look into what you have said sir. Thanks alot
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by naijafinder: 6:18pm On Sep 11, 2020
I live in Benin City Sapele road. Despite the bad road in where i reside the car still moves well like any other vehicle in my area. But i try not to drive carelessly and during this raining season my car have been driven into lot of water or even flood and never stop me any day on the road. If you reside in Benin you will understand the way roads are in some areas that have red earth soil.

Recently i have been seeing alot of Civic in Benin.

leTrizzle:
I was going to get that ride but the roads here in Benin are something else. I wonder how you navigate around town considering how low the civic is.
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by soshegzz(m): 6:13am On Sep 12, 2020
If you’re still in search
I’ve got a sweet deal , WhatsApp at 0868148321

promotervickky:
Please am looking for a Reg 2008/2009 Honda Civic to Buy for my Clients, Car should be in Lagos or Osun State.
Re: 2010 Honda Civic Fuel Economy For 9 Hours Trip by soshegzz(m): 6:14am On Sep 12, 2020
If you’re still in search
I’ve got a sweet deal , WhatsApp at 08168148321

(1) (Reply)

Increase The Brightness Of Headlamps With Relays? :( / Nigeria's First Car Maker Takes To The Skies In Fighter Jets-cnn / '06 Toyota Camry Gear Box Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.