Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,535 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters (912 Views)

Shocking: Fayose Claims Chibok Girls Abduction Was Fabricated To Oust Jonathan / Yakubu Gowon Confirms Paternity Of Musa, USA-returnee Son Musa / Troops Hit Boko Haram Fighters Preparing Meal, Advance To Sambisa [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by GOATandYAMtheory: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2015
The hope of recovering the abducted Chibok girls yesterday dimmed further with the declaration by a returnee from Boko Haram camp.

Twenty-one-year old Tabitha Adamu, one of the women freed from the sect’s camp and handed over to the Borno State Government last week, said the girls had turned to Boko Haram fighters.

Tabitha, who is expectant for one of the sect’s commanders who forcibly married her, said she mingled with the girls at various times in the sect’s camp.

According to Tabitha, she was taken from Bayan Dutse in Gwoza Local Government Area, when the insurgents invaded her village.

She said: “They killed my father and brother. They took me along with my mother but at some point we were separated. Since then, I’ve not set my eyes on my mother. When he (Abu Kabir, my Boko Haram husband), wanted to marry me, he gave the women who were taking care of us N5,000 as my bride price.

“Before the marriage, I was asked to convert to Islam. I did so because many who refused were killed and they gave me a name (Samira). I answered the name but I know my true name is my real name. When we were rescued I told the soldiers that my name is Tabitha.

“They asked me if I am one of the wives of the Boko Haram and I told them my story. They felt for me and they treated me well.

“Many people asked me since we were liberated, particularly about the pregnancy. I don’t know the right answer to give because I actually do not know what to do. It has happened. I don’t know what the authorities would do about it but I think it is too late to abort it. But my prayer is that I give birth safely.”
Tabitha said she completed her secondary education and earned a certificate in computer appreciation in Maiduguri before moving to join her parents in Gwoza, at the peak of the Boko Haram insurgency.

According to her, now that the government has
promised to help her, she would be looking for a good future when she finally gains her freedom after the government might have trained her in a trade.

http://www.today.ng/news/091415101-boko-haram-returnee-claims-chibok-girls-are-now-fighters/
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by Kingsasian(m): 7:53am On Sep 14, 2015
Meaning most of those suicide bombers were the Chibok girls. If its true then they are as good as dead.
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by yanabasee(m): 7:55am On Sep 14, 2015
So...this is how it'll end... APC cooking up stories for us to believe that the Chibok virgins will no longer be returned. Far from what the Dauran-bastard promised during his electioneering.

This is politics.

GEJ had told us that if the Chiboks girls where anywhere to be found that they'll definitely be returned to their families. But APC told the gullible Nigerians how GEJ had done nothing to rescue those girls... Whereas, they're actually the ones doing nothing now to return those girls other than false publicity!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by absoluteSuccess: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2015
Now we have Boko Hachics to deal with, like we lost the #fight: Bring Back Our BrainwashedZombieShedevils.
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by donholy28(m): 8:05am On Sep 14, 2015
Those girls have been forgotten sef
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by AlPeter: 8:11am On Sep 14, 2015
yanabasee:
So...this is how it'll end... APC cooking up stories for us to believe that the Chibok virgins will no longer be returned. Far from what the Dauran-bastard promised during his electioneering.

This is politics.

GEJ had told us that if the Chiboks girls where anywhere to be found that they'll definitely be returned to their families. But APC told the gullible Nigerians how GEJ had done nothing to rescue those girls... Whereas, they're actually the ones doing nothing now to return those girls other than false publicity!

would have done justice to your face but the it would amount to child molestation.
There's no where, NO WHERE in the world that terrorists will kidnapped someone with out asking for ransom and the individual will be recovered alive after more than 1 month in their care
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by Kenny4lyfe(m): 8:12am On Sep 14, 2015
The pathetic suicide bomber girl incident comes to mind! undecided

#BrigBackOurGirls is a #Scam

Keep Calm and Wail.... Sai GEJ

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by AlPeter: 8:13am On Sep 14, 2015
The day the Girls cocked one month without being rescued was the day I forgot about them.
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14am On Sep 14, 2015
This looks like the usual APC sponsored cock-and-bull story to deceive Nigerians. I sympathise with Tabitha on her unfortunate experience but I don't think Nigerians will accept the tales of Chibok girls. The Buhari administration was clear when it said it will 're-unite chibok girls'. The excuse and tales to shy away from such promise that was used against Dr Goodluck Jonathan is unacceptable. Nigerians want to see Chibok girls whether Dead or Alive... #BringBackOurGirls Buhari

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by alpacino88(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2015
this chibok girls story of a thing is getting somehow sha!
This one says they are now fighters, if she were to be believed then let`s assume this -
1. They are probably the female suicide bombers we`ve read about- coz I don`t really see any other way they can `fight`.
2. And if they are, consider how many of them that died while carrying out their mission, and how many that escaped on their own and those killed while trying to escape (as recounted by those who managed to escape on their own) those the Nigerian Army rescued, how many chibok girls will be left?
3. Why no one hears from the rescued ones no more
4. since Buhari entered I haven`t heard from those #BRINGBACKOURGIRLS people, why the silence?
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by yanabasee(m): 8:17am On Sep 14, 2015
AlPeter:

would have done justice to your face but the it would amount to child molestation.
There's no where, NO WHERE in the world that terrorists will kidnapped someone with out asking for ransom and the individual will be recovered alive after more than 1 month in their care

You'd done justice to my face?.... Lol.... If u've got some balls left beneath ur tiny bones.....then give it a try... I'd so dismantle you in a way you'll never in your miserable life insult elders again...

The mods won't see the insult... Whn I start it...they will ban me...thunder will fire all the mods on this nairaland. Amen!
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by Okobaba1(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2015
Silly comments evrywhere...This statement or report is not credited to the federal government or the presidency so why all the silly comments about Buhari promising to "reunite" the CG with their families?
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by permsec: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2015
And the story continues. Chibok girls ko desperate housewives ni.
Btw why is Madam oby in oblivion as regards to their blockbuster movie?

Nonsense! whoever is captured should enjoy his or her captivity.
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
This looks like the usual APC sponsored cock-and-bull story to deceive Nigerians. I sympathise with Tabitha on her unfortunate experience but I don't think Nigerians will accept the tales of Chibok girls. The Buhari administration was clear when it said it will 're-unite chibok girls'. The excuse and tales to shy away from such promise that was used against Dr Goodluck Jonathan is unacceptable. Nigerians want to see Chibok girls whether Dead or Alive... #BringBackOurGirls Buhari
Maybe if the "hero" of democracy had not chosen to give priority to the ***** of another man's wife in PDP rally in Kano, when those girls were recently captured, they may have been rescued.

Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by maxdozie(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Maybe if the "hero" of democracy had not chosen to give priority to the yansh of another man's wife in PDP rally in Kano, when those girls were recently captured, they may have been rescued.

The Girl are now BOKO HARAM right??
Perfect WE STILL NEED THE GIRLS
We don't care if they are militants oo or BOKO HARAM

WE WANT OUR GIRLS!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by BushidoBlue(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
Maybe you think Nigerians are all zombies like your fellow APC supporters

Oga park well before you people begin to distort history.

OrlandoOwoh:

Maybe if the "hero" of democracy had not chosen to give priority to the ***** of another man's wife in PDP rally in Kano, when those girls were recently captured, they may have been rescued.

First things first, it was After a bomb blast in Kano that this dancing you mentioned occurred.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/158836-nigerians-lambast-jonathan-for-singing-dancing-at-campaign-rally-while-nation-mourns-bomb-blast-victims.html

However you failed to mention that the Governor of Born state allegedly assured Nigerians of the safety of the Chibok girls after being warned by WAEC.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160062-how-borno-governor-caused-kidnap-of-chibok-schoolgirls-waec.html

http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/banners/kashim_Shettima_701649956.jpg
The Borno state government also refused to relocate the students from Chibok to safer places like Maiduguri.”
The kidnap of over 250 schoolgirls in Chibok may not have occurred if the Borno State Government had heeded the advice of an examination body, fresh facts have emerged.
Aware of the poor security situation in Borno and worried about the safety of students, the West African Examination Council, WAEC, declined to conduct its Senior School Certificate Examination in unsafe parts of Borno, including Chibok.
But that was until the state governor, Kashim Shettima, assured of adequate security measures, an official has said.
The head of WAEC’s National Office in Nigeria, Charles Eguridu, stated this on Friday night in Abuja while answering questions from several women including First Lady Patience Jonathan, wives of state governors, female legislators at federal and state levels, and leaders of various women organizations.
The Borno State Commissioner of Women Affairs, Inna Galadima, stood in for the wife of the Borno Governor, Nana Shettima.
The event was organised by Mrs. Jonathan at the First Lady’s conference room, Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Mr. Eguridu said WAEC was initially reluctant to conduct its examination in Chibok and other troubled areas of the north-east because of the security challenges but had to buckle when Mr. Shettima assured the Council, in writing, that adequate security would be provided.
“Following the previous experience, we were afraid to go to the North-East this year, yet we risked it and asked for extra security through the Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike,” the official said. “We also asked the various state governments to relocate all the centres to the state capitals where there would be adequate security.”
“The three governors did not respond to our request but instead said they had made adequate security arrangements. The Borno state government also refused to relocate the students from Chibok to safer places like Maiduguri,” Mr. Eguridu told the women on Friday.
The WAEC official reportedly tendered the letters written to the governors of Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe to prove his claim.
He also told the women that another factor that influenced WAEC’s decision to ask that all centres be moved to the state capitals was the death of three of its staff while conducting a similar examination in a school along the Yola-Maiduguri road, last year.
Schools in Borno had been shut following the various attacks by the extremist Boko Haram sect.
PREMIUM TIMES had reported how the state government, in a bid to ensure its students do not miss the SSCE examinations, asked final year secondary school students to resume studies.
The Borno governor, who initially declined transferring the final year students from centres in remote areas like Chibok to the state capital, finally agreed to do so after the kidnap, Mr. Eguridu said.
“Borno state government only agreed to relocate the remaining 189 pupils after the abduction of the girls,” he said.
The Borno Government is yet to react to WAEC’s claim. The Borno Education Commissioner, Musa Inuwa Kubo, did not answer or return calls made to his phone and was yet to reply to a text message enquiry as at the time of publishing this report.
The actual student figure
The WAEC boss also provided what appears the clearest clarification yet of the number of students in the Chibok school before the April 14 kidnap.
“Overall, 530 students registered for WAEC at the Chibok centre, 135 males and 395 girls,” the official said.
Mr. Eguridu provided the bio data, including photographs of all the 530 students that registered at the Chibok centre.
The centre was the Government Secondary School, Chibok, and was used as centre by both the students of the school and those of smaller villages in Chibok Local Government.
The actual number of girls still with the kidnappers is yet to be ascertained, although the school, the state government and the police all gave figures above 200.
About 50 of the girls initially declared missing have been reunited with their families with many of those escaping from their abductors.
Although the school is a mixed school, boarding facilities are only available for girls; which explains why they were the only ones in the dormitory when the suspected Boko Haram members arrived on the night of April 14.
To be able to ascertain the actual number of girls in the dormitory when the kidnap occurred and the number of girls still missing, the women, at the end of their meeting, resolved to invite all those involved in the administration of the school to Abuja to explain what actually happened.

[size=15pt]Satanic bunch of LIARS!!! Only the naive and the clueless believe you.
[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2015
[quote author=BushidoBlue post=37997198]Maybe you think Nigerians are all zombies like your fellow APC supporters

Oga park well before you people begin to distort history.

First things first, it was After a bomb blast in Kano that this dancing you mentioned occurred.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/158836-nigerians-lambast-jonathan-for-singing-dancing-at-campaign-rally-while-nation-mourns-bomb-blast-victims.html

However you failed to mention that the Governor of Born state allegedly assured Nigerians of the safety of the Chibok girls after being warned by WAEC.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/160062-how-borno-governor-caused-kidnap-of-chibok-schoolgirls-waec.html

http://media.premiumtimesng.com/wp-content/files/banners/kashim_Shettima_701649956.jpg
The Borno state government also refused to relocate the students from Chibok to safer places like Maiduguri.”
The kidnap of over 250 schoolgirls in Chibok may not have occurred if the Borno State Government had heeded the advice of an examination body, fresh facts have emerged.
Aware of the poor security situation in Borno and worried about the safety of students, the West African Examination Council, WAEC, declined to conduct its Senior School Certificate Examination in unsafe parts of Borno, including Chibok.
But that was until the state governor, Kashim Shettima, assured of adequate security measures, an official has said.
The head of WAEC’s National Office in Nigeria, Charles Eguridu, stated this on Friday night in Abuja while answering questions from several women including First Lady Patience Jonathan, wives of state governors, female legislators at federal and state levels, and leaders of various women organizations.
The Borno State Commissioner of Women Affairs, Inna Galadima, stood in for the wife of the Borno Governor, Nana Shettima.
The event was organised by Mrs. Jonathan at the First Lady’s conference room, Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Mr. Eguridu said WAEC was initially reluctant to conduct its examination in Chibok and other troubled areas of the north-east because of the security challenges but had to buckle when Mr. Shettima assured the Council, in writing, that adequate security would be provided.
“Following the previous experience, we were afraid to go to the North-East this year, yet we risked it and asked for extra security through the Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike,” the official said. “We also asked the various state governments to relocate all the centres to the state capitals where there would be adequate security.”
“The three governors did not respond to our request but instead said they had made adequate security arrangements. The Borno state government also refused to relocate the students from Chibok to safer places like Maiduguri,” Mr. Eguridu told the women on Friday.
The WAEC official reportedly tendered the letters written to the governors of Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe to prove his claim.
He also told the women that another factor that influenced WAEC’s decision to ask that all centres be moved to the state capitals was the death of three of its staff while conducting a similar examination in a school along the Yola-Maiduguri road, last year.
Schools in Borno had been shut following the various attacks by the extremist Boko Haram sect.
PREMIUM TIMES had reported how the state government, in a bid to ensure its students do not miss the SSCE examinations, asked final year secondary school students to resume studies.
The Borno governor, who initially declined transferring the final year students from centres in remote areas like Chibok to the state capital, finally agreed to do so after the kidnap, Mr. Eguridu said.
“Borno state government only agreed to relocate the remaining 189 pupils after the abduction of the girls,” he said.
The Borno Government is yet to react to WAEC’s claim. The Borno Education Commissioner, Musa Inuwa Kubo, did not answer or return calls made to his phone and was yet to reply to a text message enquiry as at the time of publishing this report.
The actual student figure
The WAEC boss also provided what appears the clearest clarification yet of the number of students in the Chibok school before the April 14 kidnap.
“Overall, 530 students registered for WAEC at the Chibok centre, 135 males and 395 girls,” the official said.
Mr. Eguridu provided the bio data, including photographs of all the 530 students that registered at the Chibok centre.
The centre was the Government Seco
The then CoAS should explain to us how about 300 girls were kidnapped when Borno State was in a state of emergency.
Re: Boko Haram Returnee Claims Chibok Girls Are Now Fighters by orunto27: 3:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Still a cover up.

(1) (Reply)

Saraki: Court Yet To Issue Warrant Of Arrest To Police / Ndigbo Won’t Accept Less Important Political Appointments – Ohanaeze / Saraki Leads Other Senators On A Condolence Visit To The Awolowos In Ikenne(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.